Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok so I spent 5 minutes looking for stats to back myself up. Then got distracted on Netflix.

So, I got nothing. There. Happy Dezza?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He can be called up for camps but he may not be allowed to play meaningful(?) games if he doesn't have a passport.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Montreal and Toronto both won today and have advanced to the Eastern MLS finals.
I used to laugh at them, particularly at Toronto FC, for their ineptitude but they have turned it around and are doing well. Wonder if and when Whitecaps will do the same.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Montreal and Toronto both won today and have advanced to the Eastern MLS finals.
I used to laugh at them, particularly at Toronto FC, for their ineptitude but they have turned it around and are doing well. Wonder if and when Whitecaps will do the same.

Hopefully it pushes the competitive envelope here of the owners.

We need to get on board signing true high end players, guys that can break open a match with regularity. Morales was a good attempt, but it was easy to see why he wasn't able to hold a starting gig in La Liga

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Morales signing was excellent. However you needed to sign someone up front to who he can play with. Like bradley-giovinco. You can see this season half way through he was basically done. When watching he is one level above everyone technically. Go and get a natural goal scorer. How about van persie? Mario gomez? Di natale? Klose can he stil score at 40?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. I love watching him play, when healthy. He's wonderful to watch when he's not nursing an injury. Had the team finished 1.3 of the chances he created over the past two seasons, I think we'd have made the playoffs this year. The problem is that he rarely is these days. I wonder how much playing on turf contributed to his overall bad health?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and, Bradley. I tried hard not to be a fan, him being a Yank. But he plays the game the right way, he's a hard-man, a boss in the middle, and play-acting isn't a part of his make-up. Super durable. Oh, and he can burn you with goals or a nice set-up. Doesn't hurt he has the top trigger man in the MLS, either.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How Giovinco didn't make the final list for MVP is baffling. The guy is an absolute game changer. BWP is Golden boot and up for the award, Villa has a ton of goals and Kljestan has a ton of assists, but Giovinco is complete and IMO the best player in the league, hands down.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How Giovinco didn't make the final list for MVP is baffling. The guy is an absolute game changer. BWP is Golden boot and up for the award, Villa has a ton of goals and Kljestan has a ton of assists, but Giovinco is complete and IMO the best player in the league, hands down.

Absolutely. He was full on fcuking terrifying against the Caps. Every time he touched the ball it looked like he'd score.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching last nights playoff game between Toronto and Montreal I got to say I was a little bit jealous. Nice 36,000 outdoor stadium designed for soccer that was as loud as any I have heard. The TFC model is not sustainable and can kill a league the way it did the NASL but for that one night it paid off and now they get to look forward to a final on Dec 10. Bastards

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I hate to say it, I kind of hope TFC wins it. I think Giovinco deserves the title and I also hate Clint Dempsey so much I cant stand to see him win. I also don't want to hear the Sounders supporters chant about it.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sadly Toronto winning is probably a good thing for Canadian soccer. If last nights game didn't capture the imagination of what the game can be in Canada nothing will. That said I am hoping the league will cancel the final and say there will be no winner of the 2016 cup.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone find it strange that a 'Major Cup Final' is contested at the home of one of the teams ?? What the fcuk ever happened to a neutral venue ??

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone find it strange that a 'Major Cup Final' is contested at the home of one of the teams ?? What the fcuk ever happened to a neutral venue ??

I see your point but this is the MLS . Its not there yet.

How many People would show up in Houston to see Seattle play Toronto?

It doesnt leave much time for Preparation and doesn't give it that event feel like a super bowl would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts