Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Blockbuster vs Rogers Video B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

What's your Provincial Cup Ice Cream

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am assuming that you are talking about Div.2? and if you are than its not the 2 best teams in the Division. May I remind you that Campo finished second and therefore aren't the best team in their Division side, GN Sporting is the best team in Div.2 A. Even after paying their players they still couldn't manage to get promoted, kind of sad when you pay players in Div.2.

And wasn't @Soccer Coach accusing Tanoa of paying players and yet he was doing the same thing??? sounds like a hypocrite to me!!!!

It would of been nice to see Rino's vs GN Sporting in the final to determine which side is better. I guess we wont get to see that....

Good Luck to Rino's!!!!

Actually Campo finished 3rd in 2A according to willing azzi. Tie breaker goes to norvan as norvan tied and beat Campo.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yes my bad sir, you are right. Good luck in Div. 1 next year my friend. Im assuming that you are going to get a vacant spot? I would rather see you guys go up instead of campo.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yes my bad sir, you are right. Good luck in Div. 1 next year my friend. Im assuming that you are going to get a vacant spot? I would rather see you guys go up instead of campo.
It would be nice but to be fair strikers finished with in second on the other side same pts. Should be a playoff between the 2 teams

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wanted to wait before publishing in detail our perspective from the final. First I wanted that the tempers of everybody were calm down. I also wanted to avoid missunderstandings with Rino's coaches and management. I wanted to start an era of truce, but they continue to antagonize throw dirt at our club.

Before I start into the details, I want to highlight that this was a very deserved outcome for the Campo players. They worked very hard during the season at training and during the games. They showed heart and intelligence. They also showed discipline and listened to the directions given by the coaching unit. I am very happy for them.

I also want to thank and acknowledge the other teams in the VMSL, particularly Division 2A and Burnaby Athletic from Division 3. This final felt relatively easy. In fact after 20 minutes, we knew that the game was a foregone conclusion. All the difficult games that we had during the season and the VMSL cup prepared us for this Final game. The games with Norvan, Greencaps, Snipers, GN, Meraloma, Snipers, Burnaby Athletic and even Twin Arrows and Astro gave both players and coaches unvaluable lessons. You were very worthy opponents and your fighting spirit is appreciated and respected. We would have never gone this far without your opposition.

Several of us at Campo took the time to watch the games of Rinos. We went to see them and also saw some of the videos. From this we understood that they were beatable. We also understood why they won their division. Essentially collectively they were relatively efficient in defending and counter attacking and score most of their goals from set pieces. Individually they had deficiencies and we thought that if we could isolate them individually or target those deficiencies the game could be won.

We also knew that psychologically they had a great weakness. Their coaches and managers have inflated their expectations for this game. They wrongly convinced that they were going to win the game and that they were a superior team to Campo (yes, we did had inside information that this was what they were feeding them up). Hence, we came with a "shock and awe" approach to the game. We told to attack without restrain from the start, and oh boy, it did work.

Within 10 seconds of the game the ball was in their net. The game could have easily be 3-0 within the first 20 minutes. Their players were shocked and their coaches in disbelief. This is what not was supposed to have happened. The Rinos bubble that they have created (that division 2b was way superior than division 2a, and that Rinos had better players, and that Rino had more knowledgeable and experienced coaches than Campo) burst in front of them.

The reality hits them and it was simply overwhelming. They were frozen and barely could put attacks together other than the ones given by our own errors.

Having said this, our strategy and players were superior to Rinos, we also have to acknowledge the providence. Some of you might call it karma, others destiny, others God. However, for me God was in our side. He blessed us with making possible the early goals.

God wanted us to win and he allowed us to score in 20 seconds for this made the game really easy. I am grateful for him giving us his blessing on this game.

The second goal was also fantastic. It was not a fluke as he had been practicing this shots with his family on his spare time. We told them to shot from far as we realized that their goalie had some shortcomings.

We value this player very much for his integrity, attitude, and skill. However, he had left Rinos because he was not valued there. It is not the fault of Rinos, they simple can not see when they have a good player in their ranks. He very deservedly won the MVP player award for the game. It was poetic justice. The player that Rinos does not value and is forced to leave them, then comes and scores and is instrumental in taking the cup away from them.

The third goal was swift. I am very pleased that it worked to perfection because it is one of the excercises that we work often in practices. Once again the three people involved in the goal are people who were rejected from other teams. We gave them a place to play as we have confidence in the way they play and see the game.

After the 3-0, I knew that I could press for a 5-0 or 6-0, but I had mercy on them. Our spare goalie was put on the the field as forward and we put three players that could only run but not tackle as they were recovering from injury or illness. They wanted to have a few minutes on the pitch as they have come all the way from Vancouver. They did well, but obviously gave some impetus to Rino and they scored a goal in the dying minutes. A ping pong aerial approach that they are good at doing.

Overall, it was a good and fair result. However, for me what is more important and relevant is that Campo Atletico showed that is possible to play the game and train players in a different way that was is commonly done here. This is what people like @Dude and others in this community are refusing to see or accept.

We followed pure street soccer philosophy. During the season we mainly did small possession games, and small sided games. We gave initial structure to the players on the build ups, but they really had a lot of freedom during the games. We respected their individuality and right to self express on the field.

We try to develop the players globally so often you will have forwards playing as defenders and defenders as forwards. It took a while to convince the players of the approach, but to their credit, they followed it with confidence, and this was the result of this approach. A team that was fighting for relegation managed to evolve in to a top team in their division and then won two cups.

This is not luck. In the previous two seasons I used the same approach with other teams that were bottom teams. They went from bottom teams to team playing finals. I am not claiming that it is me. I am claiming that it is the approach.
The training methods the ones that gives the results.

Rinos have made deresive comments for me taking into bottom teams. For me as a coach, I see a more fulfill job and task in taking team and players who are struggling and nobody wants and given them the opportunity to play and free them from all the pre-concepts that are imposed on them by a system and a culture that sees the game in a distorted manner.

There is no little team or player who does not deserved to be coached or given the opportunity to explore and discover the game in a different manner.

I understand that Rinos and others feel threathned. The way we play and train is diametrically opposed to their view of doing things on the pitch and off the pitch.

The issue that I regret is that rather than working hard themselves on the pitch; they (Rinos and supporters) resort to smear campaigns. They accuse us of playing players, connections to organized crime, and other vindictive stories.

My favourite is the one that is that I wanted to coach for Rinos and that they rejected me and then I swore revenge on them. You know part of me wishes that this story would be true because this would make it for a really good story. Coach and players get rejected from a club and they they manage to defeat decisively the club in a final. A final that this club very much wanted to win.

However, this invented story has more significant and relevant meaning that evidences the problems of our soccer culture and system. I am sure that if I show up to a Rinos practices and I tell them. I want to coach your division 2 team. This is the way the sessions will be organized, this is the formations that we will be playing, this is the style that we would be playing; they would tell me "this is rubbish". I would not even be the assisting coach to their CAT team.

Or alternatively, they would take @Dude approach which is: "we are doing the same that you are proposing". Either way the approach that we are proposing would be sidelined or ignored.

We want the improvement of our youth playing and also of our adults. We can only achieved this by accepting that the game can be played, trained and enjoyed in a multitude of ways. There is no ONE single way to play or train the game.

If one day you think that we ALL should train (youth or adult) or play the game the same way. Please remember the Campo story. The team that trained and played differently and went from relegation to VMSL Cup and Provincial Champion in one single season.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wanted to wait before publishing in detail our perspective from the final. First I wanted that the tempers of everybody were calm down. I also wanted to avoid missunderstandings with Rino's coaches and management. I wanted to start an era of truce, but they continue to antagonize throw dirt at our club.

Before I start into the details, I want to highlight that this was a very deserved outcome for the Campo players. They worked very hard during the season at training and during the games. They showed heart and intelligence. They also showed discipline and listened to the directions given by the coaching unit. I am very happy for them.

I also want to thank and acknowledge the other teams in the VMSL, particularly Division 2A and Burnaby Athletic from Division 3. This final felt relatively easy. In fact after 20 minutes, we knew that the game was a foregone conclusion. All the difficult games that we had during the season and the VMSL cup prepared us for this Final game. The games with Norvan, Greencaps, Snipers, GN, Meraloma, Snipers, Burnaby Athletic and even Twin Arrows and Astro gave both players and coaches unvaluable lessons. You were very worthy opponents and your fighting spirit is appreciated and respected. We would have never gone this far without your opposition.

Several of us at Campo took the time to watch the games of Rinos. We went to see them and also saw some of the videos. From this we understood that they were beatable. We also understood why they won their division. Essentially collectively they were relatively efficient in defending and counter attacking and score most of their goals from set pieces. Individually they had deficiencies and we thought that if we could isolate them individually or target those deficiencies the game could be won.

We also knew that psychologically they had a great weakness. Their coaches and managers have inflated their expectations for this game. They wrongly convinced that they were going to win the game and that they were a superior team to Campo (yes, we did had inside information that this was what they were feeding them up). Hence, we came with a "shock and awe" approach to the game. We told to attack without restrain from the start, and oh boy, it did work.

Within 10 seconds of the game the ball was in their net. The game could have easily be 3-0 within the first 20 minutes. Their players were shocked and their coaches in disbelief. This is what not was supposed to have happened. The Rinos bubble that they have created (that division 2b was way superior than division 2a, and that Rinos had better players, and that Rino had more knowledgeable and experienced coaches than Campo) burst in front of them.

The reality hits them and it was simply overwhelming. They were frozen and barely could put attacks together other than the ones given by our own errors.

Having said this, our strategy and players were superior to Rinos, we also have to acknowledge the providence. Some of you might call it karma, others destiny, others God. However, for me God was in our side. He blessed us with making possible the early goals.

God wanted us to win and he allowed us to score in 20 seconds for this made the game really easy. I am grateful for him giving us his blessing on this game.

The second goal was also fantastic. It was not a fluke as he had been practicing this shots with his family on his spare time. We told them to shot from far as we realized that their goalie had some shortcomings.

We value this player very much for his integrity, attitude, and skill. However, he had left Rinos because he was not valued there. It is not the fault of Rinos, they simple can not see when they have a good player in their ranks. He very deservedly won the MVP player award for the game. It was poetic justice. The player that Rinos does not value and is forced to leave them, then comes and scores and is instrumental in taking the cup away from them.

The third goal was swift. I am very pleased that it worked to perfection because it is one of the excercises that we work often in practices. Once again the three people involved in the goal are people who were rejected from other teams. We gave them a place to play as we have confidence in the way they play and see the game.

After the 3-0, I knew that I could press for a 5-0 or 6-0, but I had mercy on them. Our spare goalie was put on the the field as forward and we put three players that could only run but not tackle as they were recovering from injury or illness. They wanted to have a few minutes on the pitch as they have come all the way from Vancouver. They did well, but obviously gave some impetus to Rino and they scored a goal in the dying minutes. A ping pong aerial approach that they are good at doing.

Overall, it was a good and fair result. However, for me what is more important and relevant is that Campo Atletico showed that is possible to play the game and train players in a different way that was is commonly done here. This is what people like @Dude and others in this community are refusing to see or accept.

We followed pure street soccer philosophy. During the season we mainly did small possession games, and small sided games. We gave initial structure to the players on the build ups, but they really had a lot of freedom during the games. We respected their individuality and right to self express on the field.

We try to develop the players globally so often you will have forwards playing as defenders and defenders as forwards. It took a while to convince the players of the approach, but to their credit, they followed it with confidence, and this was the result of this approach. A team that was fighting for relegation managed to evolve in to a top team in their division and then won two cups.

This is not luck. In the previous two seasons I used the same approach with other teams that were bottom teams. They went from bottom teams to team playing finals. I am not claiming that it is me. I am claiming that it is the approach.
The training methods the ones that gives the results.

Rinos have made deresive comments for me taking into bottom teams. For me as a coach, I see a more fulfill job and task in taking team and players who are struggling and nobody wants and given them the opportunity to play and free them from all the pre-concepts that are imposed on them by a system and a culture that sees the game in a distorted manner.

There is no little team or player who does not deserved to be coached or given the opportunity to explore and discover the game in a different manner.

I understand that Rinos and others feel threathned. The way we play and train is diametrically opposed to their view of doing things on the pitch and off the pitch.

The issue that I regret is that rather than working hard themselves on the pitch; they (Rinos and supporters) resort to smear campaigns. They accuse us of playing players, connections to organized crime, and other vindictive stories.

My favourite is the one that is that I wanted to coach for Rinos and that they rejected me and then I swore revenge on them. You know part of me wishes that this story would be true because this would make it for a really good story. Coach and players get rejected from a club and they they manage to defeat decisively the club in a final. A final that this club very much wanted to win.

However, this invented story has more significant and relevant meaning that evidences the problems of our soccer culture and system. I am sure that if I show up to a Rinos practices and I tell them. I want to coach your division 2 team. This is the way the sessions will be organized, this is the formations that we will be playing, this is the style that we would be playing; they would tell me "this is rubbish". I would not even be the assisting coach to their CAT team.

Or alternatively, they would take @Dude approach which is: "we are doing the same that you are proposing". Either way the approach that we are proposing would be sidelined or ignored.

We want the improvement of our youth playing and also of our adults. We can only achieved this by accepting that the game can be played, trained and enjoyed in a multitude of ways. There is no ONE single way to play or train the game.

If one day you think that we ALL should train (youth or adult) or play the game the same way. Please remember the Campo story. The team that trained and played differently and went from relegation to VMSL Cup and Provincial Champion in one single season.

Shirt here I thought u might of had ur Internet cut off. My thoughts on this is still the same. How did u train to play us?? Get the ball out of ur net?? U finished behind us in the standings as we won the head to head and finished tied in points. According to the fifa and vmsl rules that put us in second and the mighty Campo in third. But out of nowhere came a rule that was advert antlers left out until the end of the season that a vacancy shall be awarded by goal difference yet promotion by head to head if not time to play a game. Enjoy ur time there and we shall meet again to take the points

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach I find it very sad that a man in his 40's with children is so neglected by those closest to him that he is left alone to spend an unhealthy portion of his Father's Day sitting behind his keyboard authoring this kind of narcissistic blather. It must really eat you up inside to be so unloved and to have so few positive things in your life.

Somehow you have convinced yourself that you matter in the soccer community, but the reality is aside from your online persona which is loathed by everyone, you are just known as the feeble individual who got up on his soapbox and failed to convince people why it was so important to prevent unlimited halftime substitutions in VMSL Div 3 matches.

I pity you.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Soccer Coach I find it very sad that a man in his 40's with children is so neglected by those closest to him that he is left alone to spend an unhealthy portion of his Father's Day sitting behind his keyboard authoring this kind of narcissistic blather. It must really eat you up inside to be so unloved and to have so few positive things in your life.

Somehow you have convinced yourself that you matter in the soccer community, but the reality is aside from your online persona which is loathed by everyone, you are just known as the feeble individual who got up on his soapbox and failed to convince people why it was so important to prevent unlimited halftime substitutions in VMSL Div 3 matches.

I pity you.
No need to pity me. I am having a very good day. On my way to the beach. If anything, who has time to do photoshopping on a day like this. A feeble coach who humiliated you in the final. This must hurt.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hehehe.... Are you sure that you are not projecting? It is quite sunny and lovely in Spanish Banks and actually people are getting annoyed for taking time to reply you. Do not expect reply for a while but every time that I see the medal and the cup I remember you and the moping that we gave you on the field.(loser)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts