Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope they promote the hell out of this opportunity and open for at least 27K.

RL, usually I rub my hands in glee reading your posts, in anticipation of being able to pick it apart...but I find myself agreeing with everything.

Odd.

One thing: there are too many North American Pro Sports models that have proven that if you get your product on mainstream, easily accessible television, your fan base will increase, including your seasons ticket base. It's the best loss leader promotion you can do, plus there is the TV right effect. If you can encourage more people to tune into the broadcast, that just increases your numbers at the broadcast corp, and your negotiating position when it next comes up. Basically, it's a must-do. The faux-sellout strategy the Cap's are employing seem to work. Weekend matches are in demand, and in vogue right now. Can't tell you how many times, walking out of GM place last night after watching yet another stale, over coached, over protective hockey game live, people saying, "Between the Canucks, Lions, and Whitecaps, I'd way rather go to the Whitecaps.".

Hockey will always be king in this city (they will always have a large, drooling fan base ready to buy tix), but the Caps are in a marketing battle to get the casual fan over from the 'Nucks and Lions, and I think they are winning. Restricting the number of seats creates a sense of urgency to buy tickets. Like with me. I now want to go, and think I should get cracking before all the tickets are gone.

That's smart marketing.

Happy to see Waston named POY, well earned. Wish Octavio could get going. At this point, the only thing that comes of "Kekuta" scoring is that it reinforces that being lazy in play is tolerated by the staff...but fack me, we need goals, so I see why he stays in. His habit of too many touches and losing possession are reaching eye stabbing proportions.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Fcuk. Very bold prediction.

I'm pretty sure it was a statement not a prediction. If you want a prediction I will go out on a limb and say RL will have a complaint after the game regardless of the result and how many people are there.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure it was a statement not a prediction. If you want a prediction I will go out on a limb and say RL will have a complaint after the game regardless of the result and how many people are there.

A testable statement used for making predictions is a Hypothesis

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding Manneh at half time one of the guys we sit with was having a bitch about him and said you have to take him off to which I replied that when you are having troubles scoring goals you don't take out one of the few players capable of scoring one. After the goal not much needed to be said.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Restricting the number of seats creates a sense of urgency to buy tickets. Like with me. I now want to go, and think I should get cracking before all the tickets are gone. That's smart marketing."

We agree to disagree about that. There are people (like me) who will never buy into that marketing strategy. I will never rush to buy their tickets (considering a high definition broadcast that is available) because of the artificially created demand.
I understand why they are doing it but still think that down the road it may alienate more people than bring new fans (so far I've been proven wrong, I admit that).
Anyway, I will not be rushed to buy tickets because of the fear that they may be gone and then look at 28000 or 34000 empty seats; sorry, does not work for me. But, I understand you or anyone else who does it. It really is the best value for the money compared to Canucks and Lions.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marketing isn't perfect. It's a law of averages, and in that, marketers play to the average, fence sitting fan- not to the (no disrespect intended) troll under the bridge who likes to jump out and scare little kids (not that you are a troll, living under a bridge).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, still looking for that self-like button, but I'd like to modify it to a self-high-five.

Attachments

• Self high-five.jpg
    Self high-five.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 8

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about get your tickets early before it is confirmed as Seattle or Portland match up so our stadium isn't full of puke green jerseys because they don't wait till the last minute to buy their tickets.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy to see Waston named POY, well earned. Wish Octavio could get going. At this point, the only thing that comes of "Kekuta" scoring is that it reinforces that being lazy in play is tolerated by the staff...but fack me, we need goals, so I see why he stays in. His habit of too many touches and losing possession are reaching eye stabbing proportions.

In all honesty I think Waston is a good defender but POY I think should've been Laba, his work is overlooked, he probably runs the most out there ( maybe not when RT is playing) and is the biggest game changer considering he offers very little offensively. I'm thinking if koffie can be healthy all year he'd be right up there too...last night was good, $10 Stella tallies even better. Too bad we noticed it last game of the season ....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we're not playing LA :)

Portland or Seattle now... which do you think is a better match-up for the Caps?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Double Jay just said on the fox that bobby did say they will be opening the whole lower bowl to make capacity 27000.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle looked like they had a few injuries last night to some key players. They did what they had to do to win, but you could see some of the guys should have been pulled off earlier. If they draw the caps, this could work out in the caps favour.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone else think the 2nd Seattle goal was well offside? Not the one that was called back but their actual second one.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone else think the 2nd Seattle goal was well offside? Not the one that was called back but their actual second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts