Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 TTP Pools & Contest Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the first set of pools and contests start up here on TTP for 2015/2016, I thought I better get some sort up announcement up.

All pools/contests are free to enter here on TTP - some will be for shits and giggles, while others will have a prize / reward component. For those that take the plunge and help support the site through a Premium Membership subscription, the prizes are much more rewarding.

Here's the list of pools and contests I have almost all in place (separate announcements when they are opened / ready to go will be made):

2015 NFL Survivor (prize component)
2015 EPL Survivor (prize component)
2015 EPL Season Pro Predictions (prize component)
2015 Champions League Pro Predictions - GROUP STAGE (prize component)

Local League Pick'em Pools:

FVSL Premier
FVSL Div 1
FVSL Div 2
FVSL Masters 1
FVSL Masters 2

VMSL Premier
VMSL Div 1
VMSL Div 2
VMSL Masters Premier
VMSL Masters Div 1

Note that for all the local pick'em pools, the pools will be for the Fall half of the season only, i.e., up until the Winter break as it becomes a nightmare to run these pools properly with make up games that typically happen after that point.

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
A quick update for SURVIVOR Pools:

2 pools are now available to enter and put in your first week picks:

TTP 2015 EPL Survivor Challenge (single Elimination)
TTP 2015 NFL Survivor Challenge (single Elimination)

Go join now, it's free to enter!

http://www.takethepiss.com/survivor/

Some brief Q&A:

What is Survivor? Survivor is a Fantasy Sports pool based game derived from Yahoo Sports "Survival Football" (which is a variant style of "Pickem").

How is it played? Unlike Pickem in which you attempt to pick the winners of each game for a given week, in Survivor, you only pick one team that you think will win its game in that particular week. Sounds easy enough right? Well, here is the twist on that part... you can only pick a given team ONCE during the entire season.

What happens if the team I pick loses the game? When you make an incorrect pick, you will receive a Strike.

What happens if the team I pick ends up in a DRAW (TIE)? It depends on how the Pool is configured. Each pool has the option of "Draw counts as a WIN" or "Draw counts as a LOSS". If the pool is configured were draws count as a LOSS, you will receive a Strike.

What happens if the week closes before I've made my pick? Players that fail to make a pick before the week closes will receive a strike just as if they would have made an incorrect pick. You will see "DNP", listed in areas where your team pick would normally be displayed (DNP = "Did Not Participate").

What is a Strike and how does it come into play? A strike is what you receive when making an incorrect pick. Each Pool sets the elimination type (Single, Double or Triple). If the Pool is a Single Elimination Pool, you will be eliminated with 1 strike. If the Pool is a Double Elimination Pool, you will be eliminated with 2 strikes, If the Pool is a Triple Elimination Pool, you will be eliminated with 3 strikes.

What happens when I am eliminated? Just like the TV show with the same name, you are eliminated from the game. You can however still access the pool to see how everyone in the pool is doing as well as post comments in each week for that pool.

How is the winner determined? The pool ends when there is only 1 person left (the sole survivor) OR there can be multiple survivors if more than one remains at the end of the entire season.

How do I Join a Survival Pool? If you are currently not in a pool, you will be taken to the Manage Your Pools page. This page lists all the pools that you have joined as well as a list of Available pools that you can join (based on User Group). Simply click the join button and you are in. If the button say's "prerequisite", click on it and it will tell you which user groups are allowed to join the pool.

Can I join a pool after it has already started? Not in our set-up here.

I am in more than 1 Pool, how do I switch between pools? You can quickly switch between pools via the "Switch Pool" toggle. You should set your Default pool for the pool you most often visit (specially if its the only active pool).

Why am I not getting reminder Alerts? You need to go to the "Manage Your Picks" page and click on "Enable Alert Reminders" in the Tools Block on the sidebar.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
For those reading this who are not logged in, you cannot access the Survivor pool section of TTP.

Simply login (or sign-up first if you are not a member) and you'll be able to get in there.

upload_2015-7-29_13-17-59.png

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
It's up, you need to switch the pool you are looking at when in the Survivor section... it's a drop-down near the top right.

You've already joined the EPL Survivor pool as I see you listed :)

Let me know if you still can't find your way to making Week 1 pick.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also along the same lines, get your 2015 EPL Season Pro Predictions in for the first week to maximize your potential points for the complete season.

For this one, let's up the ante a bit for the minimum winner prize package:

$25 to the winner if NOT a Paid Supporter of TTP by the second week of the EPL season and if a Paid Supporter is the winner, $100 is the prize.

http://www.takethepiss.com/xfsoccer/matches/premier-league-2015-2016.37/bet
Quick note for those in the prediction pool now or are still planning on getting picks in - you need to be a Paid Supporter of TTP by the end of TODAY in order to be playing for the larger prize money.

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another quick update:

All the 2015/2016 TTP FVSL Pickem Challenge Pools (TTPFVSLPCP) are ready to go within the Pickem section of TTP:

http://www.takethepiss.com/pickem/

Again, a new announcement thread detailing the prize package for each pool (Premier, Div 1, Div 2, Masters Premier, Masters Div 1) and other rules-related stuff will be done later this week (don't click here) along with some instructions on how to switch pools in the interface (the "manage your pools" and "manage your picks" are helpful to start).

Cheers,

Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick update:

All the 2015/2016 TTP VMSL Pickem Challenge Pools (TTPVMSLPCP) are ready to go within the Pickem section of TTP:

http://www.takethepiss.com/pickem/

Again, a new announcement thread detailing the prize package for each pool (Premier, Div 1, Div 2, Masters Premier, Masters Div 1) and other rules-related stuff will be done later this week (don't click here) along with some instructions on how to switch pools in the interface (the "manage your pools" and "manage your picks" are helpful to start).

Only the first week of picks ready to go for each TTPVMSLPCP as, well, there are only the first week of games published on the excellent site at this time :)

Cheers,

Regs.

PS. Div 2 has too many teams for this bloody pool!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heads Up:

I've removed the VMSL Div 1 game that kicks off tonight from the TTPVMSLPCPDIV1.

New threads coming today at some point...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick reminder that the NFL Survivor pool begins tonight - only important if one of the teams playing tonight is the team you want this first week.

Remember, TTP Survivor pools won't show in the menu unless you are logged in.

Go Cowboys!

3282d2a368964b156dde0667aacfd91b.jpg

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you haven't joined the NFL Survivor pool yet or picked your week 1 team, get in there and do so before Sunday @ 10AM else you miss those teams playing at that time...

Go Cowboys!

PHuIM.St.117.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts