Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 BC Mens Provincial Masters Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV had, by my count, 3 simply glorious sitters throughout the second half and first overtime but whiffed. Gotta finish your chances.

I can't comment on our 3rd goal as I was on the bench and couldn't see what happened. PCOV guys I spoke to on the field said it didn't go I and the Croatian team behind the net said it didn't go in. Linesman said it did.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would not have predicted that type of game after the 1st half. Our first goal was a nice build up finished off by Simon. After that it was a roller coaster. PCOV scores twice. An opportunity to make at 3-1 on clean header from six yards is miraculously parried by Wicks with the rebound put over the bar. I honestly thought the game turned right there. We found an eqalizer and sent it to OT. Quite frankly have no idea how we survived. PCOV missed some absolute sitters and Wicks was standing on his head. The goal line controversy is a tough one. From my view it looked in...but obviously biased. I will say the lino flagged it right away. Stevie D scores a beauty to make it 4-2 and it should be over, but of course we do our best to make it difficult on a pretty ballsy pk call on a "hand ball". End of the day....PCOV didn't finish us off and we gutted out a victory. These 45 year old bones will be spending the better part of the next week in pain before the final against a quality Croatia side. 4th final in 7 years is a ney bad showing for this older group and hopefully we've got something left in the tank for a 3rd title. DB will be back for that one and i'm sure he's well chuffed that he has another game to play...

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time change screwing me up over here but just logged in and almost got chucked out of my hotel! You absolute dancin bear!!!! Outstanding news! Beside myself typing this.....well done the Westside! We are the people! One to go. Legendary stuff lads!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI: Bookie event in place for the final this weekend between Croatia & Westside

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial Cup Final
Croatia vs Westside

12:00PM May 10th
Willoughby Turf, Langley BC

Westside finished 5th in the VMSL Masters Premier division with 24 points from a record of 7W - 3D - 6L. They scored 39 goals over the season while conceding 24

Croatia finished 7th in the VMSL Masters Premier division with 17 points from a record of 5W - 2D - 9L. They scored 29 goals over the season while conceding 33

Head to head, surprisingly Croatia dominated... 5-2 for the Croats on October 17th, 2014 and then 1-0 on January 25th. As luck would have it, just as the 2 open finalists met in the Imperial Cup semis, these 2 teams also met in the Masters League Cup semifinals on March 15th with Croatia again topping the young-veteran laden Westsiders (like that?) by an emphatic 4-nil score (the Croats went on to get thumped 5-1 in the final vs the under-achieving Poco Castillions)

Westside always seems to find a way but Croatia has had their number all season long, thus PKs it is with Wicks and Didar pushing the teams to the 14th round and @cerebral smallsy slotting the second of his 2 attempts to win it.

Cheers,

Regs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would never bet against Westside in a final. I say 1-0 Westside. Same as the 2012 final score I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts