Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Vancouver Whitecaps FC announced today that the club has exercised the 2014 contract options on 11 players from their 2013 roster.
Whitecaps FC picked up the options on defenders Jordan Harvey and Carlyle Mitchell, midfielders Aminu Abdallah, Bryce Alderson, Gershon Koffie, Erik Hurtado, Nigel Reo-Coker, Russell Teibert, and Matt Watson, as well as strikers Omar Salgado and Camilo Sanvezzo.
The club now has 19 players under contract for the 2014 season – a Major League Soccer team can have up to 30 players on their first team roster.
“We're very excited about the core we have in place and the opportunity to build around these players,” said club president Bob Lenarduzzi. “With the combination of young and veteran players in the fold, our 2014 roster is heading in in the right direction and we will attempt to strengthen it even further this off-season.”
The club also announced that it has declined the options for goalkeepers Joe Cannon, Brad Knighton, and Simon Thomas, defender Brad Rusin, midfielders Jun Marques Davidson and Daigo Kobayashi , as well as strikers Tommy Heinemann and Corey Hertzog.
“Some degree of roster turnover is expected at this time of year and although we have declined options on certain players, we will continue to have conversations with a couple players about opportunities moving forward," added Lenarduzzi. "We are thankful for the contributions that all of these players made to the club on and off the field."
Cannon, Heinemann, Hertzog, and Knighton will be eligible for the MLS Re-Entry process, which will take place following MLS Cup. A full list of players available in the Re-Entry Draft will be released by MLS at a later date. The remaining players will be available via waivers."

Kind of shocked that they released Daigo and kept Hurtado. Also surprised by releasing Knighton. Also was told that in an email sent out by the club, they have kept Mattocks, why I don't know. But see JDM BOO YA! is it Dec 25th already? WOOOOOOOOOO!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But see JDM BOO YA! is it Dec 25th already? WOOOOOOOOOO!
WTF?

For the rest of us not out in Twitterverse, explain?

Well, a lot of these moves were key. Surprised they dropped Simon Thomas, but not on Cannon or Knighton. I liked Daigo, and I hope he is one of those players they are looking at bringing back at a reduced salary. NRC back, fcuk yeah, that's key.

On Hurtado...I don't quite understand the way the MLS salary structure and cap structure works, but I would think it'd be foolish to let a young player like that go for nothing. Kobi comes w/ a big ticket price, I don't think Hurtado does...like Buttocks, still considered an asset and the club should try to turn the asset into something.

Man, I hope that Salgado has now grown into his body a bit and can find some consistency, so far as being uninjured. The flashes of potential he displayed in that short tenure out wide were enough for me to give one last kick at developing this kid.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

For the rest of us not out in Twitterverse, explain?

Well, a lot of these moves were key. Surprised they dropped Simon Thomas, but not on Cannon or Knighton. I liked Daigo, and I hope he is one of those players they are looking at bringing back at a reduced salary. NRC back, fcuk yeah, that's key.

On Hurtado...I don't quite understand the way the MLS salary structure and cap structure works, but I would think it'd be foolish to let a young player like that go for nothing. Kobi comes w/ a big ticket price, I don't think Hurtado does...like Buttocks, still considered an asset and the club should try to turn the asset into something.

Man, I hope that Salgado has now grown into his body a bit and can find some consistency, so far as being uninjured. The flashes of potential he displayed in that short tenure out wide were enough for me to give one last kick at developing this kid.
Released JDM, sorry I was to excited that they got rid of him, missed some words.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Releasing knighton for nothing was stupid. he's great trade bait. hurtado hasn't done enough to convince me he knows the mental side of the game. running for days only takes you so far. Daigo is a hard case for me. i feel bad for the guy really. they played him out of position all season, and shytes the bed, then finally he is put in proper, does good. i think he should of been given a better chance to show his strengths in the middle leading the attack.
I'm suprised they let rusin go. he was a decent back up. not a starter though. And well JDM, i won't pile on. good luck somewhere else buddy.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh ya, I really fcuked that one up. thanks dezza, DeMerits contract will be left up to the new coach on whether or not it is renewed.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If so, then ignore the following comment.......WHY THE fcuk WOULD YOU START GETTING RID OF PLAYERS AND KEEPING PLAYERS WITHOUT THE HEAD COACH BEING A PART OF THE PROCESS? Carry on IF a new head coach has been named.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
If so, then ignore the following comment.......WHY THE fcuk WOULD YOU START GETTING RID OF PLAYERS AND KEEPING PLAYERS WITHOUT THE HEAD COACH BEING A PART OF THE PROCESS? Carry on IF a new head coach has been named.

That is one more proof that the biggest problem in Whitecaps organization is their management and almighty Bobaduzzi.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still waiting for that new coach announcement.. sure would be great if it was before Thursday at 12PM when the re-entry draft takes place. (Caps have 7th pick)

Here's who's potentially available:

Chicago Fire (9): MF Corben Bone, DF Shaun Francis, MF Joel Lindpere, MF Daniel Paladini, MF Logan Pause, MF Chris Rolfe, FW Maicon Santos, MF Wells Thompson*, MF Michael Videira

Chivas USA (3): DF Ante Jazic*, DF Steve Purdy, MF Josue Soto

Columbus Crew (2): MF Danny O'Rourke, MF Konrad Warzycha

Colorado Rapids (3): GK Steward Ceus, DF Brian Mullan, MF Jamie Smith

D.C. United (6): MF Dwayne De Rosario, DF James Riley, FW Carlos Ruiz, MF Marcelo Saragosa, MF John Thorrington, DF Daniel Woolard

FC Dallas (3): FW Kenny Cooper, MF David Ferreira, DF Ugo Ihemelu

Houston Dynamo (5): DF Bobby Boswell*, FW Calen Carr*, DF Mike Chabala, MF Alex Dixon, FW Cam Weaver

LA Galaxy (4): MF Colin Clark, MF Laurent Courtois, DF Sean Franklin, MF Pablo Mastroeni*

Montreal Impact (1): MF Sinisa Ubiparipovic

New England Revolution (5): DF Kevin Alston*, FW Chad Barrett, FW Ryan Guy, MF Clyde Simms, MF Juan Toja

New York Red Bulls (5): FW Andre Akpan*, DF Brandon Barklage, FW Fabian Espindola, GK Kevin Hartman, DF Heath Pearce*

Philadelphia Union (1): DF Chris Albright*

Portland Timbers (2): DF David Horst, DF Ryan Miller

Real Salt Lake (4): MF Yordany Alvarez, DF Brandon McDonald, GK Josh Saunders, MF Khari Stephenson

Seattle Sounders (6): DF Marc Burch, GK Josh Ford, MF Blair Gavin, MF Mauro Rosales, FW Steve Zakuani*

San Jose Earthquakes (4): DF Nana Attakora, MF Mehdi Ballouchy*, DF Dan Gargan, GK Evan Newton

Toronto FC (2): FW Justin Braun*, MF Bobby Convey

NOTE: * indicates players out of contract. All other players had their options declined.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah Toronto Fc was so bad. No one is going to risk taking a player from them. Most of their guys belong to NASL. I do not see any guy on that list that would make any diferance here. Onley through draft is where we can gain a good player. Keeper was traded he might bring us a reasnable mid field player. I personaly think Bob has to move Miller and get a midfield player from Barklay league to lead our side forward. We can add a young striker through draft. Biggest problem we have is D left and right and two good midfielders. Forget the players clubs are droping. If they were any good they would stay with the main club. Go young go big add a mid or two with game smarts and here we go.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Base, please google Bobby Convey. Pretty decent career if you ask me.
You're starting to come off as the biggest poser on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts