Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah why would his coach cut him loose? Reason is he works when he feals like it. In hot hunmid games he does nort showup. His coach is a hard nose guy he like people that play hard every second. I have no interast in any posing. Just an input from what i read and watch on TV.
We need guys with upper ability to lift our club. Not some guy that will derail Caps. Utah it's mens game we need men not some small boys.
I wish him nothing but the best but he is not a guy for Caps. Guy from Portland now we would improve. Younger faster stronger.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryan Miller is what we need. He is 28 years old D. Same goes for David Horst. Both big mand needed in the back. Both cut loose by Portland. Steady players. Strong in the air and one V one. Portland has way toomany for D they will add youth for future.Just to free some cap money. Utah no posing from me. Just what I read and what I see on TV.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch as Carl got the job you will see way more phisical game here. Guys like Matt Horth, Michael Thomas, Matias Sanches might head to Van city. But the guy Bob needs to get is a guy called Zarek Valentin from Montreal. That is the D that this club needs. Aas of last time I looked he played in Norway.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps add a midfielder to their side by the name Mehdi Ballouchy. Lot's of skill in this guy. I am not sure about his helth. Gets hurt bit more than some other guys. But could add allot more skill in the centre of the Park.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if Camilo ends up leaving, which it probably looks like he will, how does Lenarduzzi claim he is moving this club forward. Here's a few notables:
Hassli - was a leading scorer and fan favorite. Gone and we got what in a positive return?
Rochat - Starting defender, another fan favorite, gone for a 2nd round pick in the 2015 superdraft. awesome
Chumiento- our key play maker, sold.

Mustapha Jarju, a designated player with a $500,000 contract, didn't even record an assist. Brilliant
Barry Robson,(DP) Lazy, Angry, black hole, he worked out well.
Dunfield- I rest my case

Every DP we have had has either been sold or disappointed, Miller when fit has been good, but he has barely done a thing since he has been here cause he is constantly injured or out of shape. 4 coaches in 3 years. "The intimate atmosphere" Lack of communication with Season ticket holders.

I love the caps and still have my season tickets, however if this year isn't a vast improvement, I will not renew, especially if the guy who runs the joint is still employed. Going to be a very interesting few months leading to the opening match.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if the only way the Caps can keep Camilo is by making him a DP and paying him 3x his current salary, would people support that as a good move for the club?

Also, the rumour of the day is the Caps are after Argentine midfielder Marcos Aguirre.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there any good information out there regarding Camilo's contract status? What exactly is the issue w/ this "option" year? The Cap's stand firm on the belief it is a club option. Agent feels it is a player option. I mean, how unclear can this be? Plus, if the Cap's hold his FIFA rights, he's pretty much bound to the Cap's, except in a sale scenario, no?

If he goes for nothing, there has to be a firing at the top. That can't happen...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it is his option year there is no way Bob would have made a mistake to let the player have an option. Bob thinks of club first. Young man want's more money, his agent is playing bit of Latin tune.
I hope Bob lisens and pays the kid what he deseves. If not he will be gone next January. Mexican club trys hard to get the young man. They are giving seven bills plus a signature bonus.
Bob needs to pack his bagage and go down to Argentina and get two more kids with total foucus on a game of soccer. University kids are four years away from making a huge improvment. Not to say there is not one or two out there. I would spend bit more time on English third div players that are almost there at ok price. But tha's me.
Robbo is got a dam hard job ahead of him self. Miller will kill him if he gets hurt again. 8 goals at that price is not worth it, 15 goals would be ok. Dezza Caps can not aford Marcos Aguirre with Miller and Camilo and three back players that club needs to buy. As you know University kids are not ready for a long MLS season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You keep saying they can't afford...I doubt that. I think the Cap's have the cash to "sign to the Cap" in the MLS. Ownership with cash and dep pockets that have shown that they are willing to spend. The issue is obviously more management ineptitude.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude's right. Pretty sure the Caps are making money, and have no money issues. If Camilo is a DP he hits the cap at 400k, who cares how much we pay him, so I'd say throw a million at him. I've hated him at times, but his goal scoring ability and I think he matured under Rennie last season.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
camilo.jpg
Although it looks like it doesn't matter anymore. How our 5 man committee was outmatched on this one.... Thanks Bob!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading the SS board a bit (while on hold with an airline for over an hour :( ) I get the feeling that the opinions are truly split 50/50.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait...so he's gone? Is this official? Did they lose him for nothing, or at least sell him?

If he is gone for nothing, meaning the Cap's agreed to a player option in the contract, then...what can I say...Bob has to go. Now.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude I believe the contracts are written by the league not by the Whitecaps. For the record I think it is time Bob is gone but I just feel it is fair to point out that both the League and the Whitecaps front office are responsible if the contract doesn't hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0