Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza if ST Jose is getting rid of him must be more to it. Some guys just don't fit in with the guys on the team. There is no reason to add him to our roster if he intends to go to Europe. I am sure TFC and few other clubs will be droping players very soon. I see no reason to panick. Younger faster is better. It will give Coacker way more time to be the teacher on the field.
Hurtado can step in and play D as good as anybody. Strong fast young . It would be way better for his development to learn how to pass and man mark in the back . Young man drafted first is one heck of a player. Young striker team added as one of the picks in round four can hold his own up top with out any problem. Strong on the ball strong in the air. THeir yougster from Delryple's development will be going to Charlston for better development. Big plus for Bob and Caps. Kid they added in 4 round for midfield will most likey endup in Charlston.Young Keeper from Reseves the same. If Caps can send six players for better development in Charlston. Main team can only get better.
I can see Caps put a team in PCLS in the summer for development. That would be a plus for our local soccer and our reseve kids. The only way Robbo can see how good the players are if they play against men in PCSL. This's where these young guys will learn more about the game than any where else in any youth development. Guy like Craig Delrymple deseves lots of credit. Man has done a fine job, yet club revords guys just comming. Sad to see. Soccer politics.

Last edited:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see Caps put a team in PCLS in the summer for development. That would be a plus for our local soccer and our reseve kids. The only way Robbo can see how good the players are if they play against men in PCSL. This's where these young guys will learn more about the game than any where else in any youth development. Guy like Craig Delrymple deseves lots of credit. Man has done a fine job, yet club revords guys just comming. Sad to see. Soccer politics.

A few days ago in an exhibition game very young Metro Ford Wolves Premier team (without any of their older and more experienced players) played against Whitecaps Residency team. At the end 3:1 for Wolves. Now, either young Wolves are very good (they probably do not practice more than twice a week) or something is wrong with Whitecaps Residency team (that practices every single day and brought the best young talent all across Canada into Whitecaps organization).
Now when you are talking about the fact that young (Canadian) players do not make Whitecaps MLS team we have to ask a question how it is even possible that a young amateur team (that practices twice a week) can win a game against arguably the most talented young soccer players in Canada. Either selection is not good or Whitecaps are actually not doing a good job with those young players.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL I do know Delrymple. He is a good coach. As far as their players go. I would not coment. Reason is some kids from the program were asked to come to main camp . Some are scared of getting hurt. As you know kids who get called out to Caps camp will endup in Charlston. It's not what you know it's who do you know. Now you know where the problem is in Canadian development. There is a striker in PCSL that would score twice as many goals as Miller but noone would even give him time of the day. In my opinion Robbo has to take time add a guy which will look around for him and let him know if there is a guy or two in mens program to help out. Till they do that nothing will change. Good for you guys. It will get to Robbo. He will send a assistant to look at your guys. Every one is welcome to phone the Caps and ask for a tryout with reseves. No one will give you somthing for nothing.
All jokes a side Robbo has opened the door for few youngsters. Give him a credit he has hell of a job with Caps this year. No one will blame the owners if club fails. Robbo will be the one again. As you know grave yard is full of Caps coachs with Bob in charge.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL I do know Delrymple. He is a good coach. As far as their players go. I would not coment... All jokes a side Robbo has opened the door for few youngsters. Give him a credit he has hell of a job with Caps this year. No one will blame the owners if club fails. Robbo will be the one again. As you know grave yard is full of Caps coachs with Bob in charge.

I have nothing against Craig but I have a problem with Whitecaps as an organization. For years, Whitecaps have been literally stealing young players (who have been developed by numerous community soccer coaches and/or through some semi-pro soccer schools for which moms and dads paid a lot of money). Then Whitecaps come (as only soccer "pro" team in this part of the World), promise further development, naive people bite and sign with them. Whitecaps take credit and advertise how they developed those talented soccer players while in fact they did not have anything with their development. The only reason actually Whitecaps are doing this is to make a quick buck. That is why they are trying to bring to Vancouver all those talented youngsters across Canada. There is really no real development and that is why there are no Canadian youngsters knocking on the MLS team's doors. The interest is in making easy money, not development.

No wonder soccer in this country is not going anywhere when you have one "pro" soccer team dictating BC Soccer Association how to run soccer in this province. How many changes and different models we have had over the last 10 years (or take any other period)? In every single model Whitecaps were involved. What kind of success soccer in BC had during that period? Or in Canada?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL...great points above.

Back to my original post, though...take some of the best players from UBC, UVic, maybe Trinity & SFO...does it not stand to reason that the Caps should be recruiting heavily from these squads? I mean, these guys are not draft eligible, as I understand it, so shouldn't the Cap's have at least on local scount that does nothing but look at the best players from the CIS, BCPL, and even the VMSL?

I mean, it's too easy, isn't it? We're not talking about pulling in a slew of players every year, but it would stand to reason you'd want to recruit at least one top CIS player for the preseason camp, and possibly even at least one top VMSL player. We all there are more players falling through the cracks every year than actually rising to the top...find those players falling through the cracks! It would also not make just good sense from the standpoint of community relations, but from the standpoint of using all the assets available at your disposal, you don't want to leave any stone uncovered.

Here's another thing: why aren't the Caps holding a local combine? Invite the best CIS prospects in BC and maybe Alberta to the combine with the goal of fiding pro level tallent.

Am I off my rocker here? Is this stupid? A waste of time? Or am I pointing out the obvious?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You might be right Dude but perhaps someone who follows VMSL premier can answer this better because didn't players like Sulentic and Heald come back to the VMSL after they were no longer able to play at Whitecaps div 2 level and become a couple of the best player in the league. Now we say that same league has players that can compete at the higher level of the MLS. I would like to see the Whitecaps get another div 2 team and use that as a team to try and find local talent that can graduate to the MLS level. Plus that would give JBN a chance to go back to Swangaurd and create trouble with his band of hoodlums.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I off my rocker here? Is this stupid? A waste of time? Or am I pointing out the obvious?

No, it is not stupid. No, it would not be a waste of time. And, yes, you are pointing out the obvious. All that would make a perfect sense if Whitecaps were really interested in developing local talents but they are not. Of course they could find 4-5 players (each year) in the CIS, VMSL, PCL, etc. but those guys are already over 19 so the chance to sell them quickly in Europe is not likely. Yes, they could be probably developed into solid MLS players but, again, that is not the point with Whitecaps. Grab the young ones (14-16) all across Canada, bring them to Vancouver, present them as Whitecaps product, take them to a few tournaments in Europe hoping some bigger clubs would notice them and, yes, easy money!

I dare to say that Whitecaps are actually poaching young players all across Canada and that is actually their "development model" they are constantly bragging about (while no local or any young player actually manages to crack the line up of Whitecaps MLS team). Obviously, something is very, very wrong.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or maybe they are not good enough. I wonder if the Carolina hurricane and Nashville predator fans have the same discussion about using local talent.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD...I just don't buy it. I'm talking about 1-2 guys / year...not a goldmine of signings, but surely, we must have local tallent falling through the cracks here.

On Sulentic and Heald...I'd have love to have seen if they could have cracked a local MLS team when they were in their prime. I think that argument goes into the "unknown" realm, because remember, these guys were top players in the USL at the time, then came back to the VMSL as retiring players.

Besides, doesn't the local club have a moral obligation here to scout locally? I don't know a lot about the FIFA and CSA agreements in place, but it seems to me that maybe the CSA rolled over here in terms of the concessions they asked of WCFC, in terms of local player development. I somewhat agree that there should be "Canadian" content on the roster, more than there is now. I like being a fan of the Caps, but right now, I'm not a fan of how they do business, or how they promote Canadian players through their system. Is Caleb Clark really not good enough to crack a line-up here?

Seriously...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right back problem solved. Here we go one more like him and our D is set. One wonders what will we get for Camilo transfer fee. If we pickup
mid range forward we will be OK. Kick the ball and go an chase it D will be sound.
Shyt happens every so often. Better days ahead. I am not sure why Watson and Dasovic woul let that guy go. Both of them were slow this guy is dam fast. Bring out that drum. Team is OK.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude regarding Sulentic and Heald I am not sure what level they could have played at but as you said they retired to the VMSL and were still two of the best players. If they came back and were average in the league then one could say that there probably are a few other players that can compete but if they come back after they have lost a step and lets face probably not 100% committed anymore and still outplay most players it makes me wonder. I admit I do not watch any vmsl premier games so I am just speaking out of my a$$ on this.
Regarding Caleb Clark I think they loaned him out to get playing experience and he is in their long term plans.
Now could there be players slipping through the cracks I would say yes and DeMerit is an example of one that did.If a player has the ability, belief and desire to make it then some of it is up to the player to push his way in.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD Sulentic and Heald were NASL players. MSL is a total pace game. Both of them lacked bit pace both of them head soccer smarts. There is other players now that could step in and help. That's not the problem. Problem is there is no comunication between the VMS and Caps. See the only way to show what you have is to play friendley matches. At least three four a year. VMSL directors woud agree 100% to show the talent. It's only due to Bobs non comitment to local guys that none ot that is set. In his opinion the less people know what's going on is better.
Our National side is the same. They use kids from Caps program and Toronto and Montreal. As you can see where that puts us with National program.
I said it may times before,. NASL league is needed in Canada or we will never go any where or do anything. It is simple. You can not play allover the World and than come to play as a team. Countries that do well is where the players play aginst each other. They all know who the best players are.
Last time we made it it was not because our skill level. It was simply due to players playing in old MLS knowing each other. They played with total hart for Canada. We need more Canadian kids in MLS. It would be nice to see three on Caps starting roster. Only if Bob wishes if not you know the way it is.
Next week you will see onother forner on the team just the way wheel turns. They know better. We just buy tickets. As long as team wins all the folks forget very fast. See with protest and baners club would change their outlook on our kids.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD any roumers from Caps as far as adding a forward or two to their roster. If they don't they ill be as good as Canucks.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't seem to find any rumors but I heard they need a couple of big tall Canadian kids. There was a couple going high in the NBA draft so perhaps Bobby should be looking there.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't seem to find any rumors but I heard they need a couple of big tall Canadian kids. There was a couple going high in the NBA draft so perhaps Bobby should be looking there.

Also, Usain Bolt seems to be interested to play soccer (he said it during one interview). Worth a try? It would not hurt since Whitecaps already have some speedsters who have speed, speed, speed, and only speed! No ball control whatsoever!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD yoy are making fun ob Bobby. He might pruve us wrong. He thinks his team is OK. Starting from the back right D as good as any guy in MLS. Stopper also good, sweeper also good. Left D I am not so sure. Mid Coacker,Koffie, local lad plus the gay they got in the draft is not bad. Left mid not a problem. In my opinion forwards are ??. Mattocks could be the guy if wishes, Miller will score his 8 goals and then get hurt, Salgao needs to come forth, African lad might be the best we have. It's not as bad as you think. If he gives local kids a chance that's good. If not NASL is not that far. I think Robbo will ask for one more guy up front with bit more experiace. In next two weeks we might see a guy or two. RL you make me lough.
Little scooters are one hit from six weeks rest. No point paying money and than watch them on the banch. Size speed and strength are number one. Rest is a plus.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah making fun of Bobby that's what I was doing.

Who was the gay that we got in the draft and are we not passed labels by now? Welcome to the year 2014 where the only place you can publicly discriminate against gays is in Russia, while you are hosting the world.

I think we will see one or two more players signed before the start of the season and I hope one of them can create from the midfield. The problem is I don't think we are the only team looking for that guy and the teams that have them don't like giving them up.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD I was talking about Ballouchy as far as a drafr goes, you will see he can play in MSL. Also Dean he can play in MLS. Manneh is one of the up and coming players. Teibert is going to slow down and play the game like a real MLS player. Only one area is my consern with Caps. We pay Miller allot more than any othe player yet he does very little. I hope he stays healthy and scores the goals club needs.
Team is younger and faster. Young Striker that was drafted in third round is also here to show that he belongs. All the kids taken in draft are big enough to play in MLS. I also think Hurtado and Salgato will do allot more with Robbo. If Robbo gives kids a chance he might be here next year.
Red Bulls are going to let two strkers go we might see one here in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts