Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utah must is a big posative say. Are they all ownest is a ? mark. Only Bob and Robbo know that and Cosmos. I can not uderstand MLS guys for letting the kid get away with it. Fifa guys must be loughing very loud. Or should I say dumb guys run the MLS side of things.
Maybe we will see a Canadian kid in Caps camp. I dout it very much.
Just think if it was your sun on the other side of things that never got drafted due to kids like that. My man I would sand the kid to Iceland via trade. Someone needs to stop him from chaildish runs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is few names for todays MLS draft round three and on. Zack Bulden, Romena Bowie, Tomislav Zadro, Peter Caringi, Quinton Christina, Machiel Harris, Kees Heemskerk,Audhan Quin,Kristopher Typak.Rafael Willy,Alex Martinez. In my opinion Rafael Ville is a very good young keeper. Martinez is also talented young man. Older brother plays for MLS side.
If Caps can add a guy or two from this list we will get better. Regs forward this to Bob before he takes some guy that died five years ago or some guy that play in Eastern Europe.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's pickes for Caps. Michael Kafari M/D , Mackenzi Pridham FWD 6'1" 180 , Michael Colderon MID 5'8" 155 Two rounds to go yet.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oldtimer every guy I pointed out was drfted in firdt ,second round and in 3rd or 4 round. Some guys opted out due to contract offers from other Europian leagues. I do kno MacKenzi Pridham is a good player. The other two I did not see play. Club will most likey add a guy or two on a trail bases.
Caps are long ways from having a team in top 15 in the MLS. Robbo better add a dam good playmaker. Only time will tell. Yaman might change his mind and stay here and play hard.
Poor coach will go grey fast if club does not spend any money. Regs Reed is Coaching Slurey BC. Bob Robbo hate Canadians.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs now you see why our National side looses lots. Take a look at Torontoo Montreal and Vancouver ans see if any team took a Canadian player in the super draft. Yeat every team is happy that Canadians parent and people pay the ticket price. Till Caps TFC and Mntreal start adding local guys there is no way we will see the playoffs.
Fans would like to see three four Canadians on the team. Yet we might see one on each club. Sad leadereship by our Clubs. On the other side Ottawa and Edmonton are using Canadian kids. Even San Antonio Scorpions have added two three Canadians,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It does make you wonder... one the one hand, you think maybe the Canadian kids are on those teams (tier 2) because that is the level they compete at... but then you have to wonder that just the sheer size of the American talent pool should dictate that there would be better/equal Americans available.

Jordan Harvey has a hot/famous bird but other than that, you can't tell me there isn't a Canadian out there that could play at a similar level that he does.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs now you see why our National side looses lots. Take a look at Torontoo Montreal and Vancouver ans see if any team took a Canadian player in the super draft. Yeat every team is happy that Canadians parent and people pay the ticket price. Till Caps TFC and Mntreal start adding local guys there is no way we will see the playoffs.
Fans would like to see three four Canadians on the team. Yet we might see one on each club. Sad leadereship by our Clubs. On the other side Ottawa and Edmonton are using Canadian kids. Even San Antonio Scorpions have added two three Canadians,
Honestly as a Whitecaps fan, or Canucks fan or BC Lions fan, I could care less where the players come from as long as the team is winning. Players could play for whatever team they want in whatever country they want and still come back to the National team, does it happen a lot, not really but still. The Caps could sign the whole US national team and if that caused us to win, perfect, cause as I fan I want to see W's on the board not flags.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade we all see and agree with your point. But jus the same we should see three Canadians on the roster of the first team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I care…I’d like to see our local soccer club take an active part in that development- at the pro level, not at the reserve level.

I am now very much out of touch on our local Premier Leagues, but are you telling me there isn’t one player that is equally as talented and football savvy as Jordan Harvey? Or better, Tommy Heinemann? Seriously? There isn’t one big, untalented, bruising Canadian striker out there that can run all day long, and do nothing much better? I meant fcuk, we have PLENTY of those, don’t we? That’s what we specialize in!

I’m all for winning, but shouldn’t there be a “Canadian First” policy here? Shouldn’t the situation be such that, you are only going out to the FA market if you can’t find it on home grown soil?

And, somebody enlighten me, please…NCAA Div. 1 footy, is it really THAT much better than CIS? I mean, look at SFU…for years they competed at the top of NAIA, they transitioned smoothly right into being a top NCAA team, yet in local darbys vs. UBC, they are competitive. And, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it ONLY the SFU players that would be eligible for the MLS draft, given that CIS operates under totally different eligibility rules?

Finally, wouldn’t it also make sense for the three Canadian MLS teams to hold their own Canadian draft? Dunno, thinking outside the box on that…

Sure, players like Camillo, or Demerit, or Reo-Cocker need to be sought and brought in. It’s because they all have a special skillset that elevates them to being that higher echelon player…but for some of these other spots on the pitch, you can’t tell me there isn’t Canadian talent available…

Someone explain this to me…

And for the record, I do agree with Base on his continuous stance regarding Canadians…I do believe that with more local talent, the squad would ultimately be in better hands, and more competitive.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFU is in NCAA Div 2. There are over 200 schools in NCAA Div 1. Out of 50 players invited to the MLS Player Combine only 2 were from NCAA Div 2 schools.

Div 2 schools are generally small, academically focused schools (ex. Colorado School of Mines) or liberal arts schools (ex. Carson Newman). Some of these schools have enrollments as low as 2000. They generally top out at ~15K. SFU by comparison has 35000 students. You would expect SFU to have success at this level as they have a considerably larger talent pool to draw from, and at least equal if not more resources at their disposal.

Relying on colleges to develop the next generation of soccer players is absolutely the wrong approach. The players need to be in a soccer-focused environment at a younger age to have any chance of success in the professional game.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough.

But, some players can develop later on in places like the NCAA as it still provides an alternative advancement program for guys still looking to go pro.

My analogy would be the WHA/OHl/QMJHL vs. the NCAA in hockey.
Sure, more players come from Junior but a wee chunk come from the US schools too.

And, examples like Kasey Keller playing his years at the U of Portland prove that top players can still come out of there.
And, Ian McLean. :D

My humble opinion is UBC would do VERY well against other NCAA Div. 1 schools.
SFU, maybe not so much right now.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's funny/ironic about that RF is that while Ian and Kasey were at UP, UBC made the final of the World Collegiate Championships (lost 1-0 to a university team from Brasil or something like that) :)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly right?

As I said, some guys are late bloomers and a lot of these universities offer up top class coaching, awesome training facilities, and really good levels of competition to still move up to play professionally after their stint in college.

I'm not being an idiot though as the guys in general that make it big, are the ones in a professional club at a young age.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour is Caps are getting Beitashour from SJ to play RB. He is a very solid at the MLS level. It's a good pickup, although I thought the reason he was leaving SJ was to sign on in Europe, so I wonder how long the Caps will be able to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0