Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 MLS / Caps Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Begs the question: who celebrates in friendlies against university clubs, when you are a "pro"?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
First he has too make starting eleven. I am sure Koffie and Coaker And one Uraugwian is in. He might sit and worm the bench for a log while. There is three others ahead of him. Hurtado is more Robbo's type of player. Second half ten minutes looks ok for a year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado is NOT Robo's type of player. Robo values speed, skill, and footballing intelligence / creativity. Hurtado gets 1/3 there.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado is NOT Robo's type of player. Robo values speed, skill, and footballing intelligence / creativity. Hurtado gets 1/3 there.
Well, if that's the case, what about Mattocks?
He has the speed, but no skill and certainly no intelligence, football , or any other.
If they are going to depend on players like Hurtado & Mattocks, we are in for a long season.
I can see this all ending in tears.
TFC are "buzzing" they have some positives to look forward to, whether or not they deliver, will be seen over the course of the season.
WFC are hoping that certain players will come through for them.
Some of them don't have a good track record.
No matter what spin they put on this, the results and performances will judge the club and where it is at.
There seems to be a lot of questions being asked in all departments of the club.
You have to wonder if they know what direction they are going in, or are they just go on day to day and hope for the best.
There are no players coming through the Residence into the first team squad.
Surely, at some point, they will have to justify the money being spent on the "Development Program" that does not develop.
This might be the year that we actually see some players getting a chance to move up, but will that be because the program is working, or that they are going to be desperate for players and they come cheap?

It will certainly be an interesting year.
Hopefully with some accountability in all departments.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsaw TFC is trying to buy a wining team. Caps are building a young and upcoming side.To tell the troth I like Caps future more. At the end of the season I think both will have equal points. Buying players helps at the start but hurts in the long run. Caps have seven eight good midfield players. It's going to be dam hard to make the starting eleven. Robbo was just a hard worker with little to none for a skill. There is us out there that do fallow European players and their leagues.
We all wish Robbo luck but with out one or two older players he is for a long long season. Beating Victoria University with nine starters only one zip does not speak very much. We will see what they do in next two friendlies. Robbo will stick with starters just to see where it takes him.
We do have more pace and more forward attack. I just think finishing might be bit of a problem. Miller is already hurt before the season even started. That's one spot in my opinion that should do better. Mattocks the same as he should sore goals against lower level players.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsaw TFC is trying to buy a wining team. Caps are building a young and upcoming side.To tell the troth I like Caps future more. At the end of the season I think both will have equal points. Buying players helps at the start but hurts in the long run. Caps have seven eight good midfield players. It's going to be dam hard to make the starting eleven. Robbo was just a hard worker with little to none for a skill. There is us out there that do fallow European players and their leagues.
We all wish Robbo luck but with out one or two older players he is for a long long season. Beating Victoria University with nine starters only one zip does not speak very much. We will see what they do in next two friendlies. Robbo will stick with starters just to see where it takes him.
We do have more pace and more forward attack. I just think finishing might be bit of a problem. Miller is already hurt before the season even started. That's one spot in my opinion that should do better. Mattocks the same as he should sore goals against lower level players.
Sorry Base, you can't build a side with poor characters.
You need to have "Good Pro's" to nurture the young players and you need young players who want to learn the game.
Pace is good, but you need to be able to use it, to be a good player. Mattocks hasn't got a clue and with his attitude, he will not learn the game and be gone before he knows what hit him.
All the talk about Salgado is just that, I hope he does well, but he's done nothing yet.
I know he's been injured, but he's not done it yet at this level, so the jury is still out.
What I am seeing are "Spoiled Brats" whining and having "Hissy Fits" when they are brought off earlier than they would have liked and a player who slags the club when he is in his home Country. Now he apologizes and all is well?
I learned a long time ago, to sign, not only good players, but also good characters.
I don't see that with this squad.
If I was still at the club, there would be a good few players shown the door.
As for the young players coming through, I have some doubts if they are prepared in the right manner.
It's OK to put good sessions on at the academy, but the youngsters need to have respect and discipline.
I just don't see it.
But, again, time will tell.
Let's give them the benefit of doubt.
I still think that it will end in tears.

Last edited:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's fcuking embarrassing. Worst back flip ever. Why wouldn't they play the National Champions? UBC might be out of their league. :) Go Timbers.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsaw I do know what you think of some of the kids. They do act like little children. I would do the same with Mattocks and other guy. Club gives you a chance and you act like a spoiled child it's time to move on. As far players added this year. I do think Dean is a class act kid, the other two guys the same.
As you know it's a risk when it comes to selecting players. Some work out some fall and move on. I do like what Robbo has for D and Mids. I am not so sure about attackers and finishing. That would be one area I would shore up.
Club must go to Barclay League and buy a striker from a team dropping to Barclay second div. MLS is very physical league. Some youngsters need another year to develop.
I hope Robbo buys some meds as he will need them this year. I see this as a biggest up and down year club ever head.
All these youngsters will drive Coacker mad. He might say get me the hell out of here. In my opinion future looks OK.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jigsaw I do know what you think of some of the kids. They do act like little children. I would do the same with Mattocks and other guy. Club gives you a chance and you act like a spoiled child it's time to move on. As far players added this year. I do think Dean is a class act kid, the other two guys the same.
As you know it's a risk when it comes to selecting players. Some work out some fall and move on. I do like what Robbo has for D and Mids. I am not so sure about attackers and finishing. That would be one area I would shore up.
Club must go to Barclay League and buy a striker from a team dropping to Barclay second div. MLS is very physical league. Some youngsters need another year to develop.
I hope Robbo buys some meds as he will need them this year. I see this as a biggest up and down year club ever head.
All these youngsters will drive Coacker mad. He might say get me the hell out of here. In my opinion future looks OK.

Robbo is in a very difficult position.
He will be judged by results, never mind what players he has at his disposal. Never mind how many young players he brings up.
When things start to go wrong and you depend on your players to get you out of a slump, you need to look to people that you can trust and believe in.
With some of the attitudes of players in the squad, I am not sure that they will come through for him.
The players these days are selfish and are only looking after themselves, no discipline. Look at the Mattocks interview to see evidence of that.
Salgado in a snit because he is brought off. Doesn't shake hands with the player coming on. Who does he think he is?
2 Players getting booked for a scuffle whilst on the same team. Shocking. They need to be sorted out, or shipped out.
When you need to depend on players like that, who will cost you your job, you have no chance. That is why you don't sign players that will cause you problems.
It's different having players with a bit of an edge, you can control that, if you know what your doing, but they have to be good players, if you are going to take that risk.
It will always be the same.
When your team is winning, the players are great and all are happy.
When your team is losing, you fire the Coach.
Good luck Robbo, I think your going to need some.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robbo and Caps did OK in their last friendly game. They gave it some team from Jamaica. Score like that does not hold well for Jamaican side. I really thought they would be giving Caps trouble. No so the way sore showed. Easy win for Caps. Even Mattocks scored.

Kick'em

Mar 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
MLS just reported that the caps have acquired Mathias Laba on loan from TFC. He is a young DP Toronto signed half way through the season last year and is a solid holding midfielder.

Kick'em

Mar 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a way he couldn't make TFC. But really they had signed to many DP. Defoe, Bradley and Gilberto all signed this offseason and Laba is pushed out as MLS rules say they can only sign 3 DP. He was quality for them in the second half of the season and should be quality for us. I would expect this pushes Tiebert to one of the three attacking mids and he plays next to Coker.

Any thoughts if he will be allowed to play against TFC in the Canadian championship?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mathis Laba is very good young player. Finally midfield is OK. D is OK. Now little bit more up front and god knows we can win some games. Robbo might crack a smile or two yet. Go Cap go.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Laba is a defensive midfielder. Still looking for someone to knock a good ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts