Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 BC Senior Girls High School Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's that time of year to get things going with a new thread. I will be reporting for two teams this year as I'm coaching my daughter's school team, McMath, as well as South Delta.....going into year 18 with the Devils!

South Delta 3 North Delta 0 - opening game and we managed to give up very little and score three goals in the second half after a tough first half.

South Delta 5 Delta 0 - I was surprised that this game wasn't closer since we drew Delta 1 - 1 last year and I didn't think they had lost that many players but we scored three goals in the first 12 minutes and coasted from there

South Delta 6 Princess Margaret 1 - Two top players couldn't play today but Princess Margaret will struggle in the league this season.

I was watching Tamanawis and Elgin Park today and both teams had plenty of chances, particularly Elgin in the first half. Tamanawis has three Whitecaps players who didn't play today so if they play they will definitely be a big threat. Elgin is a very big and athletic team who just struggled to put the ball in the net today but looked dangerous throughout. Elgin will be in the Fraser Valley playoffs when all is said and done....

McMath 6 Van Tech 0 - exhibition game before the break. Van Tech will be hosting the Provincials and were missing 5 players for this game so I am not reading anything into it.

McMath 6 McRoberts 0 - first league game and we were able to bury 4 goals in the first half. Our goalies had little to do in a miserable rainy day. On to Cambie tomorrow......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McMath 9 Cambie 0 :( Nothing I can say but 5 of the goals were crosses and 1 time finishes after minimum pass build-ups with 9 different goal scorers.

Onto the UVic tournament for McMath and South Delta on Thursday with a massive game tomorrow for South Delta against Panorama Ridge. Going to be a very difficult game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 4 Panorama Ridge 0 - We scored two minutes in to the game and that seemed to deflate them for a bit. They played their way into the game and we scored on a counter about 10 minutes before halftime. PR had more possession of the ball in the second half than us but the team defended very well and scored on a couple of counters. A great performance by the girls today in terms of pressure and defending. On to the UVic tourney with McMath and the Devils. Should be a fun couple of days. Then onto Elgin Park next week which will be a tougher challenge again.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A great couple of days at the UVic Nike Spring Classic. Both schools went and both schools did very well.

McMath 1 Reynolds 0
McMath 7 Mount Bucherie 0
McMath 3 Oak Bay 2
McMath 1 Stelly's 1 (PK loss in the final)

South Delta 2 Mount Doug 2 (PK loss) meant play in Pool B
South Delta 1 Bellenas 0
South Delta 6 LA Matheson 0
South Delta 1 SaHali 0
South Delta 1 Reynolds 0 (Winner of the 'B' side

Both teams had very successful tournaments and both schools showed that they can compete. McMath was very unlucky to not win the final but sometimes calls and luck goes against you. No big deal. Very proud of both groups of kids both on and off the field. Well done, Devils and Wildcats!

white shoe's whip

Apr 11, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game today McMath. Your semi-final match was a blast to watch compared to your final. Maybe it was the smaller pitch? Unfortunately,the Oak Bay coach had communication difficulties with the game officials in your semi-final but your girls out schooled' Oak Bay anyhow. Stelly's were expecting you (well sort of) and maybe with a little luck or bounce on your side today the outcome would have been different in the final like you said.Well fought battle McMath.You're the best AAA seniors girls high school team from the mainland (Stelly's) have seen thus far this season.I know we're just in to the season now but I would expect by talent alone that you girls will be around for the BC's.Great team effort and class displayed...and a pleasure to watch you play the beautiful game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you, White Shoe's Whip. Stelly's battled hard and playing a deep sweeper made a little difficult at times because she read the game very well. Despite putting someone on her to try and nullify her, she was still able to stop a lot of attacks. Stelly's was big and physical and will make it difficult for any team they play against. Good luck and I hope that both teams are fortunate enough to make the tournament.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time for me and Elgin to chime in.

So far we have had the season we expected. We have dominated possession against very team and had the better chances. Unfortunately we have a difficult time finishing, except on our own net!

Elgin 1 Sullivan 1

Even game and fair result. Too bad we scored both goals.

Elgin 0 Tammy 2

We dominated from start to finish. Outshot then 25-4 but couldn't finish and they did.

Elgin 8 PM 0

Another dominating performance but no finish in the first 20. Finally the flood gates opened and we ran away with it. Although they had a couple chances late an our keeper came up huge!

Elgin 3 ND 2

A dominating performance. We scored all five goals.

What I've learned so far...
1. We will be in every game this year
2. Our finishing will determine our fate
3. The officiating is the worst it has been in years

Anyway, on to South Delta on Wednesday. Should be close, but I don't see us winning. Just hoping for a good game. Be prepared for a funny surprise Captain.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed it should be close.......I'd be surprised if either team ran away with it but who knows? Those chances you've been missing just might go your way.....Let's just say it's a good time to be playing us. :) See you then.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Elgin Park 1

Elgin Park is the best team we have played this year. We scored one goal in the first half when our best player spun a defender from about 35 yards on the touchline bolted forward beat another defender and lofted the ball over the keeper from a pretty tight angle. That was our only chance on goal. Elgin had one long range effort but I don't recall any other chances? They had more possession but struggled in the final third of the in the first half when they had the wind at their back. We took control of the game a little bit more in the second half and were able to press up the field more which lead to both goals on counter-attacks. Elgin scored with about 7 minutes to go in what I think was their only shot of the second half on target? We had no other chances other than the goals we scored. It was a real midfield battle and I wouldn't want to be facing Elgin Park in the Fraser Valley Championship. They are big and athletic as advertised and knock the ball around well particularly in the midfield with their outside backs enjoying getting forward. Overall a good game to watch for the spectators I would say. On to Sullivan Heights.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Elgin Park 1

Elgin Park is the best team we have played this year. We scored one goal in the first half when our best player spun a defender from about 35 yards on the touchline bolted forward beat another defender and lofted the ball over the keeper from a pretty tight angle. That was our only chance on goal. Elgin had one long range effort but I don't recall any other chances? They had more possession but struggled in the final third of the in the first half when they had the wind at their back. We took control of the game a little bit more in the second half and were able to press up the field more which lead to both goals on counter-attacks. Elgin scored with about 7 minutes to go in what I think was their only shot of the second half on target? We had no other chances other than the goals we scored. It was a real midfield battle and I wouldn't want to be facing Elgin Park in the Fraser Valley Championship. They are big and athletic as advertised and knock the ball around well particularly in the midfield with their outside backs enjoying getting forward. Overall a good game to watch for the spectators I would say. On to Sullivan Heights.

Spot on with that analysis.

I thought we controlled the game better in the first but had nothing to show for it. Maybe a bit unlucky to be down one

But second half you held us to even less and you finished your chances.

Hopefully with a bit of help we can steal the 3 or 4 spot to make Valleys. Clearly our league is one of the toughest in BC. If we can make the dance, who knows.

Good luck Captain. It's always a pleasure playing you guys and having a chat before and after.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McMath 3 Cambie 0 - DEFAULT. Cheers.

McMath will have its' toughest test in league play tomorrow against undefeated Hugh Boyd who has not given up a goal yet and scored a lot in 4 games . In the grand scheme of things it will have no impact on the playoffs as Boyd is a AA school. I'm hoping for a good competitive game.

South Delta has a home tilt against Sullivan Heights on Wednesday in a MUST win game for Sullivan Heights. It should be a close game which could go either way.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McMath 5 Hugh Boyd 0 - They are the top team in Richmond and this game was played without three starters. It was 2 - 0 at the half and pulled away after a few quality goals. If this McMath teams has everyone healthy at playoffs, it will be very dangerous but there are quite a few problems.....and only ONE of the FIVE was school soccer!!!! ;)

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elgin 4 - Delta 1

We were missing 3 key players but still managed to dominate from start to finish.

Up 3-0 at the half and then managed to get everyone good minutes in the 2nd half. Even allowed both our goalies to play up front.

One last league game on Monday. Assuming SD doesn't drop any points to Sullivan, we are in Valleys. But at least we still control our own fate.

As I said last week, it is all about just getting to Valleys. Once you are in, anything can happen.

Go Devils! (On Monday)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3 Sullivan Heights 0 - A good performance by the youngins who stepped in and did a good job for three older players who were unavailable...Sullivan had three decent players but were also missing three decent players. They ran out of steam in the second half having only 1 sub.

This sets up a massive game against Tamanawis in terms of seedings for the Fraser Valley tournament.

McMath 8 Palmer 0 - Missed the game as I was at South Delta's game but that was with a skeleton team

McMath 2 McNair 1 - worst performance of the season so far for McMath. The 12 players who were available didn't play well and they knew it. No big deal......time to move on to next week with HOPEFULLY two more healthy bodies ! Getting close to playoff time for both teams and every game is so critical if you want to get to Provincials.

white shoe's whip

Apr 11, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greetings from the island. Regular season play lower island results senior girls AAA:
1st. Belmont (undefeated)
2nd.Reynold's
3rd./4th.Oak Bay/Stelly's
Playoff time starts Tuesday April 29/14...with final May 6/14 and island's May 12 & 13/14
hosted by Dover (Nanaimo).
Too close to call right now...the team that wants it the most will have it.You can toss the
standings right out the window...it's game on now for the rest of the way to earn your ticket
to the Provincials.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the update, White Shoes....I'll pass that information on to the person who does the rankings for the Province.

white shoe's whip

Apr 11, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies for the delay...yes they did Captain Shamrock for the second year in a row...my north island staff was short this past week but I was told that this competition was not as fierce ' as in the recent U.Vic tournament?...Dover Bay from Nanaimo took out Argyle Pipers A or B team ? (argyle had 2 teams) and then lost a 3 - 2 semi to Stelly's...the home side from Campbell River - Carihi met Stelly's in the final but did not score...Stelly's kept the score respectful at 4 I believe I was told...weather in Campbell River was balmy ' for April and by the sounds of things Stelly's is now preparing for next weeks lower island playoffs. Good luck to all teams over the next couple of weeks on the mainland and here on the island...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0