Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Starting line-up today:

Cannon

Rochat - Rusin - O'Brien - Lee

Tiebert - Davidson - Roe-Coker

Watson - Heinemann - Hurtado

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch will like this lineup as clearly Rennie is resting everyone for the Voyagers Cup mid-week game.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That could have been the most painful game I've ever watched. Rusin could not get a game with The Flying Horses and Nelly Hurtado needs to skip his first touch and go straight to his 2nd. Not enough booze in the house to even closely enjoy that match.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coaching has to come in to question now. Tactically keeps getting it wrong.

Thank you.

My God.

Hurtado needs a full season or maybe his whole career in the NASL, or whatever they are calling the 2nd division now. He is terrible, and I bet there are 10 guys playing locally that can offer more quality than this "Pro".

And, who the fcuk is this Heineman? He was ZERO presence in this game. Not a threat at all, and not even close to being a handfull for the fullbacks. He was useless as the lone striker. Couldn't settle a ball, couldn't win a challenge, and couldn't scare a mouse.

The quality that Rennie left on the bench is inexcusable. Starting Watson over Koffie is shamefull. Also, is Is Daigo Kobiashi (sp) hurt? What he sees in Davidson is beyond me. Why not Reo C in that sitting roll, and get Koffie and Kobiashi taking turns running at defenders? I mean, seriously! Is it not so bloddy obvious to everyone else?

I'm sick of this hippy coach always giving the underdogs the opportunities, not when you have proven players sitting on the bench.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't stand watching this debacle anymore.

I watched Columbus Masters play today vs Powell River.I had 1000x more enjoyment watching tactically smart local chubby Italian men play the game than our professional team. Seriously. I had a hot dog too.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch will like this lineup as clearly Rennie is resting everyone for the Voyagers Cup mid-week game.

Ha! Where's that like button on tapatalk? Well said all-round. Perhaps the wrong Scot was released in the preseason... just plain unwatchable.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Hurtado is better than lots of them. In my opinion coach made a mistake. Last game team head four real big guys in the back. Coach tryed to match the size. It kicked him in the ars. Speed kills big guys. Pump the ball past the D and let Hurtado and Mattacks run. Coffie should play up front as a go to guy. He can hold the ball. Watson my friend is not MLS player and same goes for the big guy that coach played up front. Both are div two guys. Cobby likes to play with a ball but hates like hell to go in for fifty fifty tackles. I think that's why he was sitting out.
Our team is better then the results show. I just hope coach sits down and thinks bit more. Best eleven must play forget the nice guys thing.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being able to run fast is great. Consistently running head down with the ball directly at your check is just stupid and in the end completely unproductive. Hurtado is NOT ready for this level of play, and won't be until he learns to run with his head up. Hoof and hope will not work in this league, nor in any other level of pro ball except the SFA. WFC need to learn a hybrid style that combines pace with some actual ball control, supposedly the reason why players like Kobayashi and R-C were brought here in the first place.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's just misunderstood, still probably beatin more defenders this year (with ball skill) than all of our strikers combined and actually has touch. plus being a crowd favorite never hurts:eek:

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurtado is NOT ready for this level of play, and won't be until he learns to run with his head up.

He is considered a pro and if he, at his current age, does not know yet to run with heads up then he better looks for a place in VMSL Division 4. He is well past age when he can learn something. His first touch is atrocious and often looks like a piece of wood on the field. Speed is important but you cannot play soccer if you have only speed.

Mattocks - arrogant and lazy. Not surprised one bit he is not starting. I assume some of the older players cannot stand that arrogance and laziness anymore and that is why he is not out there. He does not understand a few basics things that you can teach only young kids. For example, he often reminds me of a 7-year old kid who just waits for the ball to come straight to his feet. If it doesn't then, well, who cares!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is considered a pro and if he, at his current age, does not know yet to run with heads up then he better looks for a place in VMSL Division 4.

And when he finds it he can let the VMSL know where its 4th division has been hiding all these years!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry boys, but Hasilli would look fantastic in the line-up now. Ironic that the Manager now wants to play a posession game, with the striker holding up for support. Well **** me. Eagerly waiting on Selgado's debut this season, too. Could do with never seeing Mattocks lace up the boots for the Caps ever again...unless he somehow still can score 20 this year, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts