Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw/Results/Scuttlebutt

FootyFC

Apr 15, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC will play in the Nationals IF they qualify. There is a free weekend during their season where they would gladly accept the challenge at two titles.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cowichan FC

Cowichan may not be the most talented team to ever make the semi's, but they are very deserving of being here. They exhibited yesterday what men's was 10+ years ago when I really got involved. Could tell looking from the outside that they were 18 buddies there ready to really battle for each other. In this day and age of colorful boots and hair gel first, they were a refreshing reminder that the good old days are still possible. It was a a hard lesson for our group to learn, but watching them not only carry themselves very graciously in victory, but also how to truly celebrate a big win will make us a better team in the seasons to come. Good luck, and whether you win or lose, made me a little less cynical of where the adult game is going.

That's really what playing the game at this level is about isn't? Let's be honest with ourselves we're not going to be playing in the pros (save one or two lucky young guns if they play their cards right and get some breaks). These days we all talk to each other quietly about how teams are compensating and enticing players behind the scenes and if you can get success that way then by all means power to you, but that doesn't bread loyalty or form lasting bonds.

It was funny watching the O40s VMSL cup final between Westside and Columbus and remembering a day when there were alot more teams out there that were just a group of buddies, with some talent and a great work ethic who just loved to play and loved to play together. All those 50 year old men were still ready to go to bat for one another at the drop of a hat (and they all still think they're 25 too).

If lfc3's right about these Cowichan boys, then it sounds like they may have caught lightning in a bottle, best of luck to them the rest of the way.

div1

Mar 2, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
This may be a silly question, but would help in figuring out the Finals schedule of games.
Is it safe to assume that whomever gets to the Final would make a night of it in lil ol Victoria, have a pop or 12, and pass out here then ferrie back in the am or whenever you are released?

show

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you play?

Yeah, we got 2 in the first half and the last one 30 scs into the 2nd half. Max on a header, Winter and dezzY scored as well. They got their goal with 5 mins to play. Looked like the whole town was out for the game. 29 and Sharky want to stay on the island.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, Clarke still has the "it" factor; smallest man in the box somehow wins the header. Class...

Tough luck Langley. LFC, sounds like you'll be going back to team-up w/ Keamer again next season...and knowing how goddamn cynical you are, it must have been a good year, and you must see something in this group. :D

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So in the men's divisions, including Masters, A Cup, B Cup and U21, we have 4 finals being played on the island that all feature 2 teams from the mainland. The real winner is BC Ferries.

In the women's divisions the A Cup final also features 2 mainland teams playing on the island. The much coveted Women's B Cup Final and the Women's Classic Final each have an island team in the game.

This doesn't make any sense to me. The atmosphere would be so much better if all the men's final games were moved to a neutral location in the mainland. Time to contact BC Soccer.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Reedie that the finals should be played here. Hopefully someone can sort that out.

We had a really good game yesterday and fully deserved the win. We weathered the storm for about 15 minutes and then controlled most of the game from there. We scored two in the first half. One off as cross from Jinky i think to Max and the second one Winter got on a scramble and he poked it home. We got our third about three minutes into the second by Des and that pretty much sealed it. They scored with about 5 to go but it was too late.

MOTM for us was Justin Wallace as he had his best game for us that i have seen. MOTM for Cowichan was the guy who tried to jump and two foot Jinky. Jinky moved and the guy chunged his teammate. Two footed, studs up. One in the thigh and one just under the knee. What a dirty tackle and to do it to your own guy, who had to leave the game, wow. Can you get e red for chunging your own guy? Should have been.

The best part of the game was in the first when the wind picked up and took an umbrella from one touch line three quarters of the way down the field end over end. A little chunky kid was chasing it from the beginning and the crowd was cheering him on the whole time. He got tired around the half way line and the crowd kept him going. He finally jumped on it around three quarters of the way down the field and the crowd cheered when he got it. Our bench high fived him on the way back to the end line. Oh and the play was still going on this whole time on the other side of the pitch but i don't think anyone at McAdams park knows what happened during that minute as all eyes where on this kid. It was awesome.

On to Surrey which is usually a great match.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The best part of the game was in the first when the wind picked up and took an umbrella from one touch line three quarters of the way down the field end over end. A little chunky kid was chasing it from the beginning and the crowd was cheering him on the whole time. He got tired around the half way line and the crowd kept him going. He finally jumped on it around three quarters of the way down the field and the crowd cheered when he got it. Our bench high fived him on the way back to the end line. Oh and the play was still going on this whole time on the other side of the pitch but i don't think anyone at McAdams park knows what happened during that minute as all eyes where on this kid. It was awesome.

God Bless Spada and always with a smile on his face.

:)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seeing as I have just been to the island twice in the last three weeks to play my youth games, I would certainly welcome a local venue. I don't think it's going to happen. Local organizing committee would have to OK it of course and someone would have to host. Not easy to do unless someone steps up to the plate.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts