Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koffie had an ankle issue or something like that and couldn't make a go of it - not to knock the 2 guys in there, but I think Koffie was missed greatly in the middle yesterday.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More games, less doughnuts.

:)

I love Hassli! Even he said though during an interview this week that he is fat :)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I love Hassli! Even he said though during an interview this week that he is fat :)

Looked it last night. Then again, most of them looked it. Still a big hole in the millow of the park.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did bhe say "fat" or did he say "phat"? Those of us with street cred know the difference.

As mentioned Lee looked good, Letoux couldn't complete a pass and Hassli looks awkward using his head. Glad we got the road win but we were lucky we were there to play Chivas and not LA because we would still be waiting for that first road win. Looking at the schedule though we could string a few more wins together if we start to play a little better.

Dero on Saturday and Dc is zero for two.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's enjoy this while we can.

d179e1c0-eedd-e23c.jpg

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cold effing game saturday night. I thought the caps were the better team, but camilo needs to learn to get rid of the ball and stay on his feet FFS. You can't score if you don't shoot or cross the damn ball. Nice to stay undefeated though and be atop of the west. lets hope Le Toux blasts a few past philli.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Middle of the park needs to get sorted quickly.

The style of play happening right now is TOO one-dimensional, i.e., EVERYTHING goes out wide... Hassli's strengths are receiving balls to feet and laying them off to runners with his back to goal and we are not seeing that hardly at all.

Get Koffie back in there!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cold effing game saturday night. I thought the caps were the better team, but camilo needs to learn to get rid of the ball and stay on his feet FFS. You can't score if you don't shoot or cross the damn ball. Nice to stay undefeated though and be atop of the west. lets hope Le Toux blasts a few past philli.

Best cheer I heard on Saturday was:

We're blue , we're white
we're effing cold tonight.

LeToux needs to get on the same page with his team. I thought he looked good in the opener but since then he is having troubles hooking up with his teammates.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. Hassli was rubbish and should have been sent off for his stomp. Two reds were given in the Celtic game yesterday :rolleyes: for less than that........

The team lacks ANY sort of creativity in the middle of the park. Because of this, the game looked like last year.....let's play as many long balls to the big lump up front and see what happens. I am not a fan of Hassli.....he is out of shape and because of this gives away so many stupid fouls. Though part of this reason is because he just does stupid things at times. The I P Freely was active and covers lots of ground and he would be useful in a midfield three where he plays in front of a backs. I agree with Regs......Koffie has a lot to offer and should be a part of this team. Where is Terry Dunfield when we need him? Wait a minute.........:D

And I needed the Whitecaps to win for a better payout. Instead I got a push on the draw. WTF? :mad:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Given the talent missing from DC United, I thought a 0-0 tie at home was inexcusable... The Whitecaps generated next to nothing all game, and were in some ways fortunate not to concede in the second half... Hassli could easily have put them down to ten men with his stupidity, and Camilo's decision to take on three defenders instead of releasing it for a tap in bordered on unprofessional...

Maybe all that's a bit harsh, but they're paid very well do to their damn jobs...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agree and disagree. Camillo shouldn't have been so selfish on that later play where he did run headlong into triple coverage, when the right play would have been to suck those defenders in close then slip it to Letoux or Hassli.

I don't think the Caps looked ready to concede at all imho

and only a few of them are paid "Very Well" to "Do their Damn Jobs" notably YP Lee (who has been as close to perfect at his age and in this league so far) Demerit, who has been first class again this season, and a few others. I think Hassli is the only one not performing up to par, but he does do a lot of other stuff instead of scoring to help this team, namely being a big body that often times attracts 2 defenders leaving someone open somewhere. That goal by Camilo in the opener doesn't happen without Hassli's unselfish dummy play. He's also being coached to use his head by Rennie, I feel like Rennie is trying to turn Hassli into a target man, when he's never that guy in skill although he is that guy in size.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's also being coached to use his head by Rennie, I feel like Rennie is trying to turn Hassli into a target man, when he's never that guy in skill although he is that guy in size.
Exactly!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not totally sold yet. Hassli needs to keep his mouth shut. Always yapping at someone. Midfield a work in progress. Demerit been a stud so far this year. Zero goals against in 3 games is very encouraging. Far cry from last year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel like things will be a lot different once Robson shows up. At first I thought great, we're getting Robson who is a tough box to box midfielder, but we seem to have got that in Jun marques Davidson. He will be the perfect foil to Robson who can then focus directly on linking up the play instead of relying on fullbacks taking the ball in then rolling it wide or pinging it 40 - 60 yards to Hassli who is shocking at flicking balls on with his head.

Thorrington and Watson will be at risk of losing their job imho. Koffie and Davidson are far better players as far as the holding/tackling side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0