Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Senior Girls High School Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With our trip to Victoria exactly a week away, an HPL coach decides he is going to pull a swift move to make sure one of his players doesn't go on the trip. He tells her that she has 'two really important practices on Thursday and Friday night to work on set pieces". This girl has already decided where she is going to play soccer next year.......UBC but these two practices to work on set pieces are more important than the girl going with her friends and sister to play in her last school tournament in her grade 12 year. It really blows me away how some people use their position to make decisions for the kids, when it clearly isn't a decision the kid wants to make. The team is even playing in Victoria on the Saturday. Very poor tactics in this case as I"m sure the player would never be the same for missing two practices working on set pieces. I imagine these set pieces are just for the game on Saturday? :rolleyes:

On another note, next week we have two tough games against Earl Marriott and Elgin Park and the girls are really looking forward to them. We had a full-intrasquad game today with 21 of our 23 players there....unfortunately I had to fill in and am unable to walk now after 45 minutes of centre-back. FML

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I feel you should begin your posts with "Dear Diary" this thread is a reflection of your day more then a discussion. Nobody gives a shite...as you were. Don't act like you don't all agree with me.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, if you didn't give a shite, why the **** are you posting on this thread? Looking forward to an intelligent response.......from someone else because I know you're not capable of one. Have a great day.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With our trip to Victoria exactly a week away, an HPL coach decides he is going to pull a swift move to make sure one of his players doesn't go on the trip. He tells her that she has 'two really important practices on Thursday and Friday night to work on set pieces". This girl has already decided where she is going to play soccer next year.......UBC but these two practices to work on set pieces are more important than the girl going with her friends and sister to play in her last school tournament in her grade 12 year. It really blows me away how some people use their position to make decisions for the kids, when it clearly isn't a decision the kid wants to make. The team is even playing in Victoria on the Saturday. Very poor tactics in this case as I"m sure the player would never be the same for missing two practices working on set pieces. I imagine these set pieces are just for the game on Saturday? :rolleyes:

This HPL coach needs to make it about a life lesson. Leave it up to the player but make the player aware that there is consequences for the choices we make and in this case it might effect her playing time. After all isn't soccer all about life lessons after it's all said and done?

keeper13

Feb 11, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know of a club coach years ago letting his player go on a "pre season tournament" right before the club cup play was going to begin. The club coach had talked to the high school coach and had a promise from the high school coach that the player would go but not play... Well you know what happens player goes and plays and get's hurt... So captain before you go throwing BCPL under the bus maybe we need to look at the whole picture

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper13, this just happened to be an HPL team. This sort of thing happened all the time in Metro too. Nothing new just a different 'approach' to stop them from playing. That's bad karma if that is the case regarding the coach saying one thing. We certainly aren't short of players as we have 20 going and that is why I bring so many. No player will play more than half a game but it's the stuff off the field which really brings teams together.

Heanjob is spot on......if the kid makes the decision then it will be respected by me. When a coach makes a kid make the decision that's a different story. And if her playing time is taken away for that weekend, then that's life. I'm sure she is not going to lose all her footballing ability because she missed two practices. We talkin' 'bout pradis? Pradis?

Go Devils

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Diary,

I read a post today that wound me up. Why can't people figure out shite happens in life... and that kids are not paid professionals? They shouldn't be forced into a choice. Also, why can't RF mix in a salad once and a while? I'm concerned about him, Diary. I think I can hear him wheezing from here. Anyway, Diary, I think its best that kids be taught to recognize when they make these commitments to teams or multiple teams that their decisions may/will effect those teams. It still should be up to them to make their own choices if you ask me, and not forced into something. That not on. After all, like I said they're not paid. In fact they pay large sums of money to play... whos the 'customer' here anyway?

...and seriously what putz has two sessions back to back on set bloody pieces?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 2 Earl Marriott 1 - Earl Marriott were well organized as Studsup had them set up to defend well and counter when they got the opportunity. We had quite a few chances in the game but finally scored with about 20 minutes left on a corner kick. We then missed two great chances and Earl Marriot were awarded a free kick between the 18 and sideline about 12 yards up from the goal line. For some reason, we decided to give a free shot to the girl who hit it near post. 1 - 1 with about 12 minutes left. We then managed to pin Earl Marriott in their defensive 1/3 and were awarded several corners and we were finally rewarded with a second on a corner kick with 5 minutes left. It was a good battle and sets up for another tough game against Elgin Park who beat Delta 2 - 0 today. Panorama Ridge beat North Delta 11 - 1. :(

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlike Balljive, I enjoy the match reports Captain!

Good results for you guys so far. Looking forward to our game tomorrow.

This year, for the 3rd straight year I am running Junior and Senior teams. Finding it allows me to create more of a team culture and ultimately a "culture of winning." 15 on the Sr team and 23 on the Junior. We have no grade 12s, 3 grade 11's and 7 grade tens. Everybody else is in grades 8 and 9. What a youth movement.

So far we have placed 7th in the Guildford Park Tournament and 5th at the B.O.B. in Chilliwack. In both of these tournaments we had only grade 8/9/10 players as the few 11's were in Europe. Considering we went up against very good competition a combined record of 5-2-1 was very good with 5 clean sheets. Our youth is our strength and will serve us very well in the future.

All but a couple of the 8's will stay junior this year to get some experience allowing us to hopefully have two competitive teams in the league.

After two forfeits against us, the juniors are 3-0. Depending on how things go we might be able to move some of these girls up to Senior to give us a boost if we need it.

As for the Seniors, a 2-0 win over Delta yesterday puts us 1-0. Hard fought game. We were the better team and worked just as hard, but Delta's size and strength gave our lil girls some trouble. A beautiful free kick from our grade 8 CB from 25 yards out game us a lead midway through the first. Then some hard work and a rebound tap in iced it in the 2nd. Delta came back with a couple bombs from 30 yards with one hitting the bar and another just going over, but otherwise we were safe and home and dry.

Hopefully we can get a result of some kind against Captain tomorrow. Definitely will be a tough one as we will be without our top striker and CM. Grade 8's to the Rescue!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 6 Elgin Park 0 - Titan 4 life was right about not having a lot of players and experienced players as Elgin had 11 players for the game. They battled really hard but struggled dealing with our corner kicks as we scored 3 on similar plays. We also scored a free-kick so in open play we managed just two goals and one was from a long clearance which sent out left winger clear who set up our striker for a decent finish. Elgin Park will be a Provincial force in two years BUT still might make some noise in the Valleys with a full squad. I know they were missing two of their best players and a few other decent players and that often makes a huge difference in club and school soccer. The ref was............I'll let Titan4life comment on that. Let's just say he struggled. :eek:

Good luck to Elgin the rest of the way. Panorama Ridge beat Seaquam 5 - 1 today and Earl Marriott beat Delta 3 - 1 but Delta were short players according to Studsup. I'm sure they won't be short players for the South Delta Derby.......

Here is the link to the other leagues in the Valley at the moment for anyone is interested. Obviously, Bulljive, you can stay the fcuk out of the thread because it's not your cup of tea.

Home - Fraser Valley Secondary Schools Soccer Commission

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of crazy days in Victoria for the girls playing 5 games over that span. For the first time EVER, we won this tournament. The girls commitment to defending this weekend was unbelievable.

South Delta 3 Lambrick Park 0 - Ironically this was our poorest performance of the five games but we managed two late goals in terrible conditions......windy and rainy.

South Delta 1 Claremont 0 (PKs)- Claremont is a good team and have been in the Provincial final the last two years, winning in 2010 and coming second last year. The game had no great scoring chances but both teams put in a great shift and we ended up beating them in penalty kicks

South Delta 1 Kelowna 0 (PKs) - This one we created several good chances to win the game and Kelowna had one really good opportunity but no one was able to bury their chances in a fast-paced game.

South Delta 1 Burnsview 0 - This was a very physical game and our third of the day so it was gut check time for the girls. Burnsview had only played one game in the day so they were at an advantage but our girls dug down deep(we only had two subs for this one) and scored a goal in regulation time, which was nice. :) We played very well this game, especially since it was our third game with a small bench. Our goal was a brilliant passing play between 4 players ending with a clinical finish.

South Delta 2 Glenlyon Norfolk 1 (PKs) - This really was an unbelievable win for the girls. 4 players had to go home after FRiday's last game for different reasons. We were only going to have ten players for the final but one of our girls came over from Tsawwassen in the 9:00 ferry so she could play in the game giving us 11 players. Our best striker was not playing because she had an HPL game that day and I told the coach I would not play her on the Saturday game. Our goalie was one of the players who left Friday night so we had to play players in goal for the game. We went to a very defensive formation to stay in the game as long as we could since we had no subs. We got to the half at 0 - 0, which was brilliant. The girls continued to play well and stop their attacks the majority of the time. They finally scored on a free kick from the halfway line and our goalie was a little out of position after our center back missed her attempted clearance and their girl just clipped it into the goal. Five minutes later, we had a free-kick from just inside of their half. We then decided to switch our goalie(as she is fairly tall) with the striker for the rest of the game. After a great delivery, our girl who had just moved up front scored on a header. :D It was fantastic. WE then had two good chances to win in regulation but had one cleared off the line and one just go over the bar. So once again, the game went to penalties and our girls managed to pull it out. It was so good for the kids as they had worked SO hard with a skeleton team. With no word of a lie, we had 4 starters playing in the game. I'm very proud of the kids and all their effort. Here is a video from Chek TV tonight apparently.

[video]http://video.cheknews.ca/services/player/bcpid1030965791001?bckey=AQ%7E%7E%2CAAAA4mHNTzE%7E%2CejlzBnG UUKZsS_DZeHScvEw2NS0lYgvy&bclid=975107451001&bctid=157568592 4001[/video]

The girls play on Wednesday against rivals Delta, in what should be a very competitive game before we finish our league play against the top team in the league, Panorama Ridge. We are playing an exhibition game against Point Grey on Thursday which is great. Go Devils!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref was............I'll let Titan4life comment on that. Let's just say he struggled. :eek:

The ref was shocking. Lucky not to get sent home early. One more blown call and I would have avoided rush hour.

Your team was solid and deserved the win.

Definitely hard to compete against a team that good with 11 (and young ones at that).

Had a better game today vs. EMS. 13 girls out, but still missing our best 2. Played well in the first half and took a 2-0 lead into the half. Had our chances to kill the game off in the first 10 minutes of the second, but then we faded. There one good player scored twice in a span of 5 minutes to tie it up. Looked like we might steal it back in the last 10 but could never finish off of a few great crosses.

A tie definitely makes our Seaquam and ND games next week must wins. Kind of hoping our juniors lose tomorrow so I can call up our stellar crop of grade 8's to give us a boost. That and we have 3 games next week. A few days to rest and then we'll see what happens.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little off topic...

my uncle coaches a sport and voted against the withdraw of extra activity... he continued to coach this week but was pulled aside today and told to stop or he would have a letter written to the college of teachers about his actions.. So he sadly stepped aside..

2 games left in the season.

They said 2 letters against u and u go find a job at a private school..

I thought they were trying to get rid of bullying in our school system?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little off topic...

my uncle coaches a sport and voted against the withdraw of extra activity... he continued to coach this week but was pulled aside today and told to stop or he would have a letter written to the college of teachers about his actions.. So he sadly stepped aside..

2 games left in the season.

They said 2 letters against u and u go find a job at a private school..

I thought they were trying to get rid of bullying in our school system?

Stay tuned with this one..........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This "code of conduct" is apparently how the TF will attempt to discipline those coaching/mentoring in their spare time.

Can the TF do the same if TF members (Who have no choice but to be a part of the Union) vote for someone else than the NDP? What about the code of conduct and it's comments about workplace harassment?

FFS.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good points.......here is number three in the BCTF Code of Ethics.......

The teacher recognizes that a privileged relationship with students exists and refrains from exploiting that relationship for material, ideological, or other advantage.

Anyone see anything 'wrong' with this? :confused: Perhaps someone else can point out that there MIGHT be something wrong with this? :confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts