Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Senior Girls High School Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game on on Wednesday against North Delta. We had a good practice today working on set pieces and will do the same tomorrow. It should be a very competitive league with Elgin, Panorama Ridge, Earl Marriott, North Delta, Delta, and Seaquam. Every game will be tough as it usually is. Good luck to all the teams.

krutov

Dec 14, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
My daughter is a grade 10 that made the Sardis team this year. They were to play ther first game yesterday but WJ Mouat never showed up. It is my understanding that the coach never even let Sardis know they were not coming. One of the Sardis girls contacted a Mouat girls and apparentely they do not have a team this year, not sure if this is because of the BCTF stuff or another matter.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SD 7 North Delta 0

We actually were up 7 - 0 at the half. North Delta had only a couple of practices to get ready and they were playing a basketball player in goal who did as well as she could have. The girls did a very good job of being patient in the second half and making sure we followed the instructions that were given at half-time. Well done, Girls! Onto Seaquam next Monday.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Captain....read your news article in the paper the other....my hats off to you and a raise of the pint glass also! I see you've started your season in AAA....we just finished playing in the Best of the Best tournament in Chilliwack yesterday and today. First time entered,just hoping to get in a good run for the girls and play some good competitive teams before our first league game next week. We came away as the tournament winners beating Chilliwack (2-0),Surrey Christian (1-0) South Kamloops (3-2 this was a good team with two awesome strikers...we were lucky to be up 3-0 at the half due to suprising them with speed up front which they put in check in the second half. Played the final against Glenn Lyon from the island and again caught them flat footed early in the first 10mins to go up 1-0. They love to hang on to the ball and work it around the field...good team. We were definetly getting out worked and lucky as we banged in a second goal off a beautiful corner kick connecting to the head of our 5' tall forward. Wish I had a picture of their center back,sweeper and goalie as they watched in disbelief that this short girl was heading the ball into their net unchallenged. They put on the pressure from then on (15mins from time)...Anyways...it was a great start to the season as we'd only played 3 exhibition games up til then. So Capt...glad you said what you said...and Pezz says "hello"...good luck in your up coming games.

Cheers!

ps: Elgin finished 5th overall...lots of 9's and 10's on the team according to my team girls.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great stuff, Scottyshell. Elgin is young this year but will be a good team and they're coached well. Pezz has been dodging me as I've been trying to set up an exhibition game. Do you know what days the league games are as we would love to play an exhibition on Thursday. I've heard the Holy Cross team is very good. South Kamloops is ALWAYS one of the better teams so that is a great result for the girls. Well done. I'll try AP tomorrow and see if we can set a game up. Cheers.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes...that would be good. We play Wednesday this week...a home game which we're playing at CAP due to the condition of the school field...which I believe cost us some points last year. Football and field lacrosse really chew it up. Did you guys play Glenn Lyon in the Victoria tourney last year? We'll see what's up for latter in the week.

Cheers!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes...that would be good. We play Wednesday this week...a home game which we're playing at CAP due to the condition of the school field...which I believe cost us some points last year. Football and field lacrosse really chew it up. Did you guys play Glenn Lyon in the Victoria tourney last year? We'll see what's up for latter in the week.

Cheers!

I don't recall playing them last year.....but we have in the past. The last time I think we played them was in 2008 at the Best of the Best tournament when we beat them 2-0 in the final. They are usually a good team but they never challenge themselves and move up to AA at least......or not that I have noticed. Though they might have done that recently?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just asked Mr. Pezzente for a game on Thursday. I really want to get some games in for the girls especially against good teams and I know Holy Cross is a good team this year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seaquam 0 South Delta 2

Seaquam was set out in a 4-1-4-1 to try and nullify our attack. They were fairly disciplined in the first half and the score was 0 - 0 at the half. We decided to change our 3-5-2 formation that we finished withat the end of the first half to put a bit more pressure on their outside fullbacks. It worked well as we were consistently getting crosses in and creating good chances. We broke through about 8 minutes into the half when one of our strikers took a cracking feed and cut inside the defender and goalie to slot home. We continue to stay in their end and were finally rewarded with a second about 10 minutes from time. Seaquam was well organized but they didn't have any really punch when trying to attack, though they had a couple of handy players. A good result for us and we will now get ready for Earl Marriott and Delta next week, which will both be tougher games. I believe Delta beat ND 5 - 0 today.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts