Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Olympics Soccer

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If so, then most of the world is unsportsmanlike. If only they could lose that chant and chest beating, like when the US basketball team beats their opponents by more than 30 points, but is relishing each 3 pointer like they were in a tight game.

Especially since the women's basketball team haven't lost an olympic game since the semi final of the 92 Olympics. Ignorant neighbors.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Crap. Diana Matheson's only decent touch of the game ends up in the back of the right net...

Complete domination by a team that couldn't score, and one counter. If I'd been coaching this team there would have probably been an aneurysm by half time, as they really looked like they were trying to play themselves out of the game with brutal passing and far too many easy turnovers. Still looks like they haven't sorted that someone needs to be at least reasonably close to a post for a corner, either.

Glad the ladies were able to hold on and gut one out, but not incredibly proud of how they did it. The French can justifiably say that they were robbed.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Crap. Diana Matheson's only decent touch of the game ends up in the back of the right net...

Complete domination by a team that couldn't score, and one counter. If I'd been coaching this team there would have probably been an aneurysm by half time, as they really looked like they were trying to play themselves out of the game with brutal passing and far too many easy turnovers. Still looks like they haven't sorted that someone needs to be at least reasonably close to a post for a corner, either.

Glad the ladies were able to hold on and gut one out, but not incredibly proud of how they did it. The French can justifiably say that they were robbed.

Welcome to London 2012

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to London 2012

Unreal ending! Can't take away from the guts shown to get forward late. Sinclaire was dead today. Couldn't hold a ball, and wasn't moving well at all off the ball. They would not have kept it drawn through extra time, if it had gone that way. They were done.

We had a bird that was actually offside on the goal...lucky she wasn't involved in the play, and lucky she didn't get a toe on the shot. Ref and linesmen made the right NON CALL on that one.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have seen and played in a number of games like this (not including the nice bewbs). One team dominates, but can't put it in. It is like the soccer gods are punishing you - it is almost predictable when the first there solid chances go off woodwork. That team gets used to having possession and gets into a rhythm of attacking; the corner backs start pushing to keep the ball in the attacking zone, and everyone forgets what it is like to defend, and suddenly an unexpected bounce sends a ball forward for the other team and presto.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barca vs Chelski basically, but how unreal is it for those girls. Couldn't be happier with the result and only hope that Japan beats the living hell out of the USA, would be swift justice for us all.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
with the u.s. up one already, japan hits a free kick that is handled in the box by a u.s. player. NO CALL. this tourney is a fix.
i just wish that hope solo takes her shirt off. :p

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have counted to 10 a couple of times while Solo has been casually walking with the ball. And, the hand in the box was clearly a peno.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another frustrating game to watch...too many give aways in the middle of the pitch... Canada was lucky to squeak this one by... Congrats to the ladies -I guess it's back to regroup, re select and work on our strategy to compete at the top level...

I hope we can gain some speed, some strength and some height on the back line-so we don't have to rely on the forwards coming back in the box to 'clear the junk out'...

Take a rest girls!

Hope Solo -lucky you have the cross bar to save the shots the Japanese are handing to you

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a fcuking joke this final has been. what a black eye for womens olympic soccer, especially after our girls show what class and heart is all about earlier in the day. :mad: :mad::mad:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
what ever u do dont go to the espn web site and read the gloating and bashing comments by the arrogant americans.. the blood will boil over...

here is a sample....

"I love that the sore loser Canadian team has to stand on the podium while we get our gold. Way to go ladies!!!"

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It makes you mad, but also happy you live in a country that people respect and appreciate the citizens that live there. It's a real shame that a good percentage of Americans are actually nice kind people, but yet their media and people who post on their subjects online make them look like assholes and show why everyone believes they're the most ignorant and hated country in the world. Give me my bronze, ill accept that any day as a PROUD CANADIAN!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two different refs. Sorry but the ref in the final did a good job, and let the players play. It was an entertaining final.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If so, then most of the world is unsportsmanlike. If only they could lose that chant and chest beating, like when the US basketball team beats their opponents by more than 30 points, but is relishing each 3 pointer like they were in a tight game.

You have to be a born and bred American to understand why they relish this.....or just change the channel so you don't have to watch that crap.....and have a Canadian made beer!

Cheers!!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unreal ending! Can't take away from the guts shown to get forward late. Sinclaire was dead today. Couldn't hold a ball, and wasn't moving well at all off the ball. They would not have kept it drawn through extra time, if it had gone that way. They were done.

We had a bird that was actually offside on the goal...lucky she wasn't involved in the play, and lucky she didn't get a toe on the shot. Ref and linesmen made the right NON CALL on that one.

Ref wasn't from Norway and the USA wasn't playing!

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty - most of the USians I've met have actually been decent people, with unfortunately the occasional travelling moron thrown in. I wouldn't consider any of the comments left by the tub-thumping baboons who write on sites like that representative of the general population any more than the zoo that shows up for Jerry Springer's "TV audience."

Obviously, considering that it's a general interest purveyor like ESPN and not a soccer-specific one, commenters will be less knowledgeable about the game, and more like the bleating goats you see. The truely knowledgeable soccer fans down south will probably be a lot quieter and keep in mind that their team were at best the beneficiaries of inconsistent reffing in the semi, and just plain lucky in the final.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the US ladies were awarded a nice, shiny gold medal. in return, the whole world saw that their players, and fans, couldnt spell class if you spotted them the first four letters.

the Canadian ladies were awarded a nice, shiny bronze medal. in return, the whole world saw that the Canadian team, though a bit short on talent, is full of heart, and are great ambassadors for the sport in general. the way they handled themselves from the moment the Norwegian referee decided to hand the game to the US, all the way through to the end of their time at the olympics, surely made their country proud and did wonders for the profile of the game, particularly among young women.

let the Americans gloat. they're well practiced. me, I think those particular bronze medals look DAMN fine...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0