Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Olympics Soccer

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting article... didnt realize Baghdad Bob was freelancing for the USSF...

I think he got something wrong though... Wambach was clearly counting the number of times she had gone in studs up on Canadian players during the game...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canadians could have (perhaps even should have) pulled the same stunt the Americans did in the 72 Basketball... just abandon the tourney. It would have taken the understanding that there's be sanctions, perhaps even fines, and extreme stones, but it would have blighted this tourney for exactly what it was: A Sham.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desiree Scott is the toughest player in soccer - men or women. How she got up and played after her leg bent backward like that is beyond me.

I have sooooooo much to say, but won't b/c I still can't wrap my head around what happened in that game... Desiree may be the 'toughest player' BUT you still need to be able to use your left foot at the higher world level... so frustrating to watch-

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm assuming she doesn't have a left foot.

I can relate.

But judging by her play, exactly why do you need to use your left foot at the higher world level?

Would you say the same thing about a player who can use their left foot but can't use the outside of either foot?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very few women......or men for that matter can use both feet equally well.............Let's be honest.

The good ones can use both feet. It's like Gretsky golfing right, but playing hockey left (Captain golfs right, but had an incredible left foot)...

So sorry for saying guys, I guess I was one of the few who could(can) use both...But I see only see one sided thinking with right sided/minded players...Canada doesn't open the field very often to their left...easy to mark I'd say...

Cap, we know you can only stand on your right.. :)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have sooooooo much to say, but won't b/c I still can't wrap my head around what happened in that game... Desiree may be the 'toughest player' BUT you still need to be able to use your left foot at the higher world level... so frustrating to watch-

With all due respect, that's rubbish! Of course there are players that can use both but the vast majority favour...and strongly favour one over the other. Lefties favour their left much more than right footed players favour their right.....it doesn't stop Silva ripping teams new ones......god knows all right footed players wish they hit a ball as sweett as our 'goofy' counterparts.
I don't believe that Desiree Scott hurts her team by favouring her right.....if that's what frustrates you watching Canada play, I'd suggest you take some notes on the goalkeeping....that might really push you over the edge!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is painfull to watch. Canada being outclassed, lucky France can't finish. Sinclair looking very tired.

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tired looking, yes but hanging in and hanging in with some very poor finishing by the french, congrats I love it, who has not seen the exact same game at all levels of sport [see it as a positive for womens soccer in nuck land] :wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hang on... I went away from the computer and thought I was watching extra time :)

So for the above post... 14" of regulation time :eek:

Great result and congrats to the ladies!

From what I saw though of the match, France looked to be the better side on the day - they would've probably pulled it out if they had any players that could use the outside of their boot.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hang on... I went away from the computer and thought I was watching extra time :)

So for the above post... 14" of regulation time :eek:

Great result and congrats to the ladies!

From what I saw though of the match, France looked to be the better side on the day - they would've probably pulled it out if they had any players that could use the outside of their boot.

France were the better team today. I think France and Japan are better than the USA. But the gutsiest team is our Canadian team, and they deserve nothing but accolades. To be able to recompose and play after the last game is a real accomplishment.

Ok, is it unsportsmanlike and petty to wish bad luck upon the USA?:mad::cool:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, is it unsportsmanlike and petty to wish bad luck upon the USA?:mad::cool:

If so, then most of the world is unsportsmanlike. If only they could lose that chant and chest beating, like when the US basketball team beats their opponents by more than 30 points, but is relishing each 3 pointer like they were in a tight game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0