Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Olympics Soccer

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the call for the free kick in the box though? I'm watching the world feed online so there's no explanation...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
that was not a hand ball on the peno. No way. Canada got screwed. Outstanding effort by those women.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
But she WAS taking too long....3 or 4 times before that she was taking 10 or 11 seconds each time before kicking it

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what Devos was trying to gather the call was for time wasting , which usually is a yellow to the keep as play is allowed to continue and the yellow given at the next stoppage in play. The ladies left it all out on the field and the americans' know that they had stole one. I am a very proud and pissed off canadian today and the ref needs a few " refresher " courses imho .... she was out of her depth on the pitch and there definitely needs some form of explanation from the governing body on that decision. Sour grapes to us and hopefully we can pull out a bronze vs the french Go canada Go . Hopefully Captain or Walks can chime in on the call for a better thought .

cheers , The Rattler

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go further.

That referee is a cheat, and thats about the most blatant, irrefutable evidence of a referee being paid off as you will ever see.

Too much time? The last time that was called in an international competition, Reagan was still in the White House... Moreover, Hope Solo was taking even longer all game.... its six seconds plus momentum, but "momentum" is a term of art and everyone knows it. To call that in that situation you have to be looking to call it.

As for the penalty, players are allowed to use their hands in true self-defense. But this wasnt even that - if anything our player was turning away from the ball. To call a PK for a handball in that situation? Again, the only way that happens is if you are itching to make that call...

She can sue me for all I care.... she's a lying, cheating sack of shite who should have her FIFA license revoked immediately...

Garbage.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it just my imagination or did Sinclair really tell Herdman to FO after her 3rd goal? It looked like he was telling her to play 3 across the middle of the park and she gave him the big F-bomb?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be the first to admit that I make emotional comments, almost a chip on the shoulder type complex, but today's events in this game don't make my issues better. Our women were playing against a financial powerhouse. I have taken my teams down south for tourney's and games, against teams and programs whose players pay an incredible amount of money and whose resources are second to none. I am jealous wishing I had access to such resources. No matter, regardless of their riches, we always seem to outplay our American opponents and when things don't go well for them, well, we start to witness that sense of entitlement from their players, their parents, their officials....... It's pretty pathetic at times. You have to see it to believe it.

Today, that "call" typified what the Canada vs USA relationship at all levels is all about. Thankfully, our girls didn't lie back and just take it and I respect them more than anything for that. Those American players are battered and bruised. Anyone watching this game should come out respecting our Canadian team, and depending on the reaction from the American contingent to today's events, will be able to form an opinion on them as well. If those outside of Canada simply dismiss our team and continue to promote the financial machine driving the US women's team, then we in Canada better wake up and start giving our athletes some ammunition to fight the war. It seems a Norwegian official drank the ale and it wasn't Canada Dry....

Sport is everything. I know we have people scraping by to put food on the table in our civilized country, and we need to prioritize correctly. But sport enhances a healthy lifestyle. It promotes nationalism. Give them some ****ing money so we can train on equal ground.

Tough being Canadian sometimes but wouldn't trade it for anything.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it just my imagination or did Sinclair really tell Herdman to FO after her 3rd goal? It looked like he was telling her to play 3 across the middle of the park and she gave him the big F-bomb?

I thought the exact same thing.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fukn atrocious refereeing. i'm pretty sure she is part of the BC Soccer refereeing program cause it was very similiar to the nations cup officiating.

where do you come up with these calls?

INTERPRETATION OF THE LAWS OF THE GAME is part of the referees job. if the keeper is moving forward to play the ball, how is this delaying the game? :mad::mad::mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts