Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 FVSL or Knights Masters?

Which Summer Masters League are you signing up for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know this is ridiculously early to be thinking about this but sooner is better than later no?

This summer will have 2 leagues again vying for team registrations
Not sure how things turned out last year for these 2 leagues but whose playing where this summer?

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to add a bit more to Yoda's message - last year FVSL announced pretty late that they were putting together a master's league for the summer, but in the end most teams stuck with the Knight league.

Now their notification has gone out much earlier so there is a potential of more teams switching but no guarantee of enough teams to make both leagues worthwhile. Anyway, FVSL wants confirmation of interest prior to Feb 15th.

I expect we're like every other team and just want to get a decent amount of games in against a good number of opponents, so let's get the discussion (and poll) going so we all have a better idea of where most teams are likely to be.

I think costs, expected number of games and league format are comparable, but currently we're planning on staying with the Knight League as we like the regular Thursday games (FVSL is Tuesday/Wednesday) - obviously if we find the majority going to the FVSL, then we'll just go with the flow, but that's not our preference. Both leagues run from early April to late July.

Cheers
TI

I know this is ridiculously early to be thinking about this but sooner is better than later no?

This summer will have 2 leagues again vying for team registrations
Not sure how things turned out last year for these 2 leagues but whose playing where this summer?

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, it was a bit like that last year..must have been crap for you guys having to travel to the sunny side of the river all the time
FVSL could get more interest this year though as they've sent out the info much earlier

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
its not the thursday night 6;30 ko,its the pint after the game & the 40dollar gas bill each game

sid

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do not kid yourselves this is a personal Vendatta by ( A member of ) the FVSL against the KSL !!

My 2 bits:

First off I have experienced the mentality of the FVSL upper brass and my first alarm bell is how they enjoy profitting off of revenue generated from fines relating too discipline ( cards ), cancellation of games , etc.. JB and the Knight league are more than accomodating to the reality of Summer soccer where a stall or accident on 1 of the major bridges etc. May delay a KO by 10 to 20 minutes and most teams understand that as well ! I truly believe if we choose FVSL over KSL we will lose the little bit of wiggle room and common sense that has too be realised for what recreational Summer soccer is.

Also if the FVSL does have a Summer league keep in mind under CSA rules Discipline is viewed on a annual basis. Hence all players are monitored on a 12 month window ( Jan. 1 to Dec 31 of the same calender year ) accumulated cards from the FVSL Winter and ( possible ) Summer league will be tallied, fined and suspended accordingly.

I say NO to the FVSL Summer league. Is the KSL perfect ?? NO. But keep in perspective what your wants and needs are for Summer soccer!

Cheers Stasher

** Note: This post was paid in full by the KSL, JB and his associates. Its transmission or reproduction in whole or in part is strictly prohibitid by that farkin stupid pact signed in Stockholm sometime in 1977.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do not kid yourselves this is a personal Vendatta by ( A member of ) the FVSL against the KSL !!

My 2 bits:

First off I have experienced the mentality of the FVSL upper brass and my first alarm bell is how they enjoy profitting off of revenue generated from fines relating too discipline ( cards ), cancellation of games , etc.. JB and the Knight league are more than accomodating to the reality of Summer soccer where a stall or accident on 1 of the major bridges etc. May delay a KO by 10 to 20 minutes and most teams understand that as well ! I truly believe if we choose FVSL over KSL we will lose the little bit of wiggle room and common sense that has too be realised for what recreational Summer soccer is.

Also if the FVSL does have a Summer league keep in mind under CSA rules Discipline is viewed on a annual basis. Hence all players are monitored on a 12 month window ( Jan. 1 to Dec 31 of the same calender year ) accumulated cards from the FVSL Winter and ( possible ) Summer league will be tallied, fined and suspended accordingly.

I say NO to the FVSL Summer league. Is the KSL perfect ?? NO. But keep in perspective what your wants and needs are for Summer soccer!

Cheers Stasher

** Note: This post was paid in full by the KSL, JB and his associates. Its transmission or reproduction in whole or in part is strictly prohibitid by that farkin stupid pact signed in Stockholm sometime in 1977.
Rasher............why give your two bits when your team has 35 players signed in the FVSL & you twats cannot even field a full team on any given day

sid

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I for one have given up on summer league. Its shite soccer, players don't take it seriously and the leagues hands are tied. What can you do when so many teams forfeit or show up with 9 or 10 players. I don't really blame JB or FVSL. I would join the league that has the permits for parks that are more lenient to beer consumption. A lawn chair, a full cooler, a bbq and potentially an actual 11 v11 game, thats what summer league is about in BC.

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rasher............why give your two bits when your team has 35 players signed in the FVSL & you twats cannot even field a full team on any given day

sid[/QU

Sid, Don't confuse me with facts on this topic ! Keep it muddy and sloppy like the hawgs and piggies like it. Good idea though lets make Summer league 7 a-side with beers on the fly. errr subs on the fly.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

sid[/QU

Sid, Don't confuse me with facts on this topic ! Keep it muddy and sloppy like the hawgs and piggies like it. Good idea though lets make Summer league 7 a-side with beers on the fly. errr subs on the fly.
if only PIGS could fly

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking for a summer team for Sundays. Preferable div.2 or higher if possible, played goalie for 15yrs.... Pm me if anyone has open spOt.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
unfortunately..... FML.... I was swayed by beer, and promises of riches and women hahahah. You playing Elbowroom?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0