Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars 2012 FVSL Allstar team

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keepers
Erman Ozkan - POCO FC
Gyrish Kaniah - PEACE ARCH UTD
Alex Andrews - WESTCOAST FC
Defenders
Mike Gomes - POCO FC
Jimmy Thompson - POCO FC
Dave Sambol - WESTCOAST FC
Lucas Serres - NORTH DELTA SC
Aaron Wall - TWU TITANS
Chris Trauter - LANGLEY UTD
Midfielders
Mark Gomes - POCO FC
Vito Iacobellis - POCO FC
Rob Giezen - POCO FC
Tino Cucca - POCO FC
Adam Staschuk - NORTH DELTA SC
David Robson - PORT MOODY GUNNERS
Shaun Patterson - LANGLEY UTD
Tyson Keam - LANGLEY UTD
Forwards
Tiarnan King - POCO FC
Milad Rahmati - POCO FC
Jon Craig - WESTCOAST FC
Mark Slater - POCO CASTILIANS FC
Simon Steunenberg - TWU TITANS
Coach
Thomas Mills - POCO FC
Manager
Rob Sumner - POCO CASTILIANS FC

Can Poco FC beat the VMSL allstars? I guess we will find out.....

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Including coach and manager 12 people from Poco on the squad... salary cap anyone?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Including coach and manager 12 people from Poco on the squad... salary cap anyone?

I thought it was a Fraser Valley League all star team.

Good chance poco will beat VMSL all stars this year!
As they play together year round.
If that what the league, sorry, poco is shooting for, then great!
The valley might win!

Wow.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco are in the FVSL. They were runaway league winners. Some of them are arguably the best players playing in the FVSL league... what did anyone honeslty expect?

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was a Fraser Valley League all star team.

Good chance poco will beat VMSL all stars this year!
As they play together year round.
If that what the league, sorry, poco is shooting for, then great!
The valley might win!

Wow.

Yawn we go through this every year! It's not about winning it's about having a great friendly with the best players of both leagues. I don't know the selection process in the FVSL but I do like the process in the VMSL where each Premier team puts forward 5 names from each team and the selected coaches then pick from that.

I am glad Slater was put on and thought Blakeway and Kusch should have been added as well. I am also glad that Gyrish was selected as one of the keepers. Out of the three I believe he is the best.

For all you wondering the selection process will be over tonight for the VMSL and I guess you will have to wait till it is posted on the VMSL website. It will definately be coached by two of the best Coaches and players in the VMSL.

Cheers,

PS too many Poco players. Should have selected more players from teams that have actually won cups instead of just the league!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco are in the FVSL. They were runaway league winners. Some of them are arguably the best players playing in the FVSL league... what did anyone honeslty expect?

Its not that I argue that anyone on that list is an allstar caliber player. We all know each of Poco's top 11 could be on the team. However it isn't really about picking Team Canada so to speak but a league wide recognized allstar team. Was Erman not injured half the season and how many shots did this guy actually face? In saying that I realize he is probably the BEST keeper in the league but isn't it about this season?

I look at our team and think okay we had the second best Goals against, our keeper didn't make it (20 years old) and its shocking that he didn't. Our team has come out of relegation to two cup finals, followed by a second place finish and a quaterfinal provincial berth. Our coach doesn't get a sniff to be a part of the staff?

It's not the I don't think guys are deserving and I don't want to take that away from anyone but there are easily 3 guys from the Poco club that could be replaced with 3 others in this league as similar caliber players for it least appearances sake and to make it a little more balanced. Yes it should be still waited in their favour but what did they accomplish? They ran away with the league and had an incredible season, like we all knew they would but lost the Big prize, Provincials and the next biggest prize the Pak Cup.

I guess I expected a little common sense KNVB, The VMSL is twice the caliber a league the FVSL is and beating their allstar team doesn't change that.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is the Pak cup a bigger prize than winning the league? Typical NA mindset. Provincials I agree with since you represent BC at nationals but **** me is the FA cup bigger than winning the league?

But I agree with Bulljive that their keeper should be an allstar. If he was the kid that played in the quarters against Poco then he is a hell of keeper.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is the Pak cup a bigger prize than winning the league? Typical NA mindset. Provincials I agree with since you represent BC at nationals but **** me is the FA cup bigger than winning the league?

But I agree with Bulljive that their keeper should be an allstar. If he was the kid that played in the quarters against Poco then he is a hell of keeper.

I agree the league is bigger then the Pak, that's what I ment. I was more downplaying the soccer city cup. The league was never in contention, especially when Harmse was in there.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
to answer some of that... the fvsl all -star team is selected the same way as the VMSL. Every manager/coach was asked for 5 players... surprising or not, 2 or 3 teams didn't submit ANY players at all. So, you get to a point and you need goods players, committed to the program players. they're now listed and then selected. The league winners coach, by tradition, is selected as that years all-star coach, it's been that way for years now. That coach and this year, 2 volunteer board members helped select the side.

Nominated players were discussed and debated, by position, by roles and some by previous selection commitment to make up the side. They are, IMO all deserving players. It's easy to debate a spot here or there, of course. I lost out 2 of my own players that I thought deserving as well. No one ever come up with the same line up on a team let alone selecting from an entire league. It's not simple or full proof, everyone does what they think is right. No hidden agendas.

There was a list of honorable mentions as well. (I don't have handy at the moment)

cheers

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honourable Mentions
Mark McQuade - Poco FC
Brendan Campbell - Poco FC
Kevin Comeau - Port Moody Gunners
Mike Evans - Peace Arch Utd
Garret Kusch - Peace Arch Dragons
Grayson Corney - Port Moody Gunners
Trevor Rosencrans - Westcoast FC
Jordan Marini - Poco Rovers FC U21
Nicholas Favia - Guildford FC U21
Toscanny Panhu-Osman - North Delta SC

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
wonder what would happen if the vmsl all star teams wins the game this year ? no doubt that both teams will have lots of skill and talent, obviously the poco guys have been together since september and depending on how many of them are on the pitch at the same time, that will be a huge difference, but if the vmsl team comes out and wins after only a couple? of training sessions....that would make things interesting....

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wonder what would happen if the vmsl all star teams wins the game this year ? no doubt that both teams will have lots of skill and talent, obviously the poco guys have been together since september and depending on how many of them are on the pitch at the same time, that will be a huge difference, but if the vmsl team comes out and wins after only a couple? of training sessions....that would make things interesting....

Practice, jimmy you talkin about practice? Not the game, not the game that we live and die for, you talkin practice!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts