Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess that's the best way to come out on the good end of a bad loss. Protest, apparently win the protest, but turn it down because, that's what good guys and gracious losers do. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure most the the Columbus players knew he was actually of age a they most likely know him from seasons past in the VMSL so it's horseshit that they wanted to check the validity of his age. Pretty sure they knew very well he was.

I could be wrong tho. It's happened once before. :)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How much does BC Soccer charge for filing a formal complaint these days?
Money I'm sure which could have been better spent on the team cooler.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess that's the best way to come out on the good end of a bad loss. Protest, apparently win the protest, but turn it down because, that's what good guys and gracious losers do. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure most the the Columbus players knew he was actually of age a they most likely know him from seasons past in the VMSL so it's horseshit that they wanted to check the validity of his age. Pretty sure they knew very well he was.

I could be wrong tho. It's happened once before. :)

Who is the guy in question? Ollie, Clarke, Babic???

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is the guy in question? Ollie, Clarke, Babic???

None of the above, but it doesnt' really matter who. Wasn't his fault. It appears Columbus have been good sports about it and let us play on. Cheers

keeper13

Feb 11, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is shock the FVSL screwed up.... I am pretty sure the guy who does the cards is involed with the Poco Club. I am glad to hear it all is sorted..

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stonewalled Freak hop??? That thing was going wide until your legs went all riverdance and ended up "paddling" it in to your own net. The second goal was down to the 6th sense you seem to have with your defender, your 6th sense being a complete lack of coordination and positioning. As for the third goal the only thing questionable about the penalty was whether our winger still had any vital signs after the challenge. Oh and you complain about the field too...Oh dear it's getting desperate now isn't it? Maybe you haven't played on grass in a while, so sorry to spring that on you, but you make it sound like we were playing on an inflatable kids bouncer, get a grip (pun very much intended), the field was good. Shame you couldn't of shown a little more humility as you seemed like real nice guys. Maybe we'll be beaten in the next round, maybe not. But I tell you win or lose we'll have our heads held high.

-Never Bitter in PR

I thought Megs played for Surrey Utd gals...?

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to TTP grantsreef! Which i assume is near Powell River? ;)

I have to admit i agree. StonedWall and his defense have had many a nightmare this season.

We did have 9 shutouts ;). Just a couple league mares to PAU and Delta (9 GAA in two games). PR was a class bunch, great hosts and we wish them luck against PoColumbus or whoever wins the paperwork.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game summary from the Powell River paper. (with picture of one of the goals)

The Powell River Peak > Sports > Provincial competition begins for O35 soccer

Bit biased review but it's the local perspective. What the PR Peak didn't talk about was the 250 tailgaters, Vuvuzela's and Airhorns surrounding the sidelines. Big Homefield advantage that PR used!

Small justice to have Nicky score that late game-tying goal, especially with all the loggers on the sidelines heckling him for his weight. Overall PR has a great atmosphere up there especially after a 6-hour multi-ferry journey.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
consider yourselves lucky you weren't playing the Savary Islanders. That would have been one more water taxi ride away.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bit biased review but it's the local perspective. What the PR Peak didn't talk about was the 250 tailgaters, Vuvuzela's and Airhorns surrounding the sidelines. Big Homefield advantage that PR used!

Small justice to have Nicky score that late game-tying goal, especially with all the loggers on the sidelines heckling him for his weight. Overall PR has a great atmosphere up there especially after a 6-hour multi-ferry journey.
He is a "sleeper" of a player, I remember playing him and Sandro when they were with Whalley Prem, he may be a big boy, but he has a brilliant touch and just a rocket shot, and would be a welcome addition to any team thats for sure.

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
my predictions this week
westside to win by 2
poco to win ,but a closer game then they think (maybe with a new manager on the sidelines )
west van to win by 3 to 4 goals
and game of week -sapp n uvic ,if sapp gets full team out sapp in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0