Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 World Series Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game one is Wednesday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, most pundits are calling for it to go at least 6, probably 7. Staff aces Chris Carpenter from the Cardinals and C.J. Wilson from the Rangers in game one, first pitch 505 PM PST. Both teams are coming into this one with red hot bats, hot bull pens, and iffy starting pitching.

Predictions?

I am going to say Texas in 7.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
May watch my first game of the entire year in this series? That is if I don't have to watch paint dry or the grass grow.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cardinals are slight (1.84 to 1.00) favourites in game one, and the over under is 7.5. An over bet may be a good one based on the way these two teams have been lighting it up lately, despite the two staff aces...

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unreal.............unbelieveable.........Rangers lead 7-4 into the eight, 7-5 with one strike left, 9-7 in the 10th, yet the Cardinals find a way to tie and eventually win.

Ballz, you might be right Cardinals in 7.

What a season 10 1/2 back in September, and possible World Series Champs.

Wow!!!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It came down to one strike until the Cardinals fought back "Again". Great game...game of the ages! Big game 7.....Let's go Cards!!

p.s...Gilly....Sir M can also be right with his prediction of Texas in 7!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
c/p

Vegas loves long shots. When statistics and history scream against the possibility of a miracle, Vegas can always count on the dreamers and the fools to put down cash in the hope of a once-in-a-lifetime payout. It's free money for the house, 999 times out of 1,000.

Not 1,000 times out of 1,000 though. That's why there are dreamers and fools.

At 8:16 PDT on September 12th, the Cardinals had lost 6-5 in Pittsburgh, and the Braves were in the 12th inning of their game against Florida—a game they would lose, but hadn't yet at the moment a man walked up to a sports book teller at the MGM Grand. St. Louis was five games back of the wild card with 15 games yet to play, and at least one oddsmaker decided the Cardinals' chances of winning a World Series were a thousand to one against.

One unidentified St. Louisan put down $250 on the Cardinals making the World Series at 500/1, and another $250 on them winning the whole thing at 999/1. An unlikely late September run, an unlikelier Braves collapse, upsets of the hyped Phillies and Brewers, and he's $125,000 richer. If the Cards can win three games before they lose four, he'll pocket another $250,000. It wouldn't make him any less of a dreamer or a fool, but luckier and wealthier for it.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2011 World Series -- Texas Rangers Josh Hamilton says God called HR - ESPN Dallas

Ya and God told me I'd bed Nicole Scherzinger and Monica Bellucci...at the same time... :rolleyes:

I love hearing this stuff out of top athletes. God told you? Really? You sure it isn't the fact that your arms resemble boa constrictors and you've been a consistent home run hitter for some years now? Whatever helps you do what you do I suppose...

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN,
I have read it and it's wonderful he turned his life around, it really is; but please keep your beliefs to yourself, particularly religious ones. If I start telling my teammates Santa told me I'd score a bicycle kick in my game Sunday, or my co-workers that the Easter Bunny told me I'd land a huge deal that would net me 100K... people would wonder about my sanity no matter how fervently I believed in the aforementioned dynamic duo. God is in the same category, if you believe in him great but please keep it to yourself and just play the goddamned game (pun intended) you get paid millions to play.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN,
I have read it and it's wonderful he turned his life around, it really is; but please keep your beliefs to yourself, particularly religious ones. If I start telling my teammates Santa told me I'd score a bicycle kick in my game Sunday, or my co-workers that the Easter Bunny told me I'd land a huge deal that would net me 100K... people would wonder about my sanity no matter how fervently I believed in the aforementioned dynamic duo. God is in the same category, if you believe in him great but please keep it to yourself and just play the goddamned game (pun intended) you get paid millions to play.

Difference is that of the ~7Billion peeps on earth, the vast majority believe in a "God" whether they are Christian, Muslim, Sikh etc. I don't think many people believe that Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny actually exist in adult life, save the regular guests on the Howard Stern Show and Insane Asylums. Some are fervent in their faith, others aren't. If the reporters didn't want to hear about it, they shouldn't have asked him.

The news reports should be talking about, today, how Nelson Cruz is a goat for taking, what should have been, the last out of the game off and letting that ball go over his head and off the wall to tie it in the bottom of the 9th.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0