Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 RWB New Zealand

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit surprised that there's not been any banter so far... anyone taking it in?

I'm the first to admit I'm not a massive fan of Rugby, but it is a world cup...and I love watching the sport, it just takes a back seat to many other things on the tele usually.

Namibia just had the fcuk kicked out of them by Samoa, Canada v Tonga about to kick off, Scotland v Georgia is a the early morning special/nightcap.

Wales vs RSA was outstanding, as was Scotland vs Romania.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brother in law in charge of the photos for the event . 6 weeks all paid for trip and wicked suit....lucky ****er

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just watched the Canada game and even though I don't know much ( if anything)about rugby but it was very entertaining and I was pumped Canada won. Was thAt their first game?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent result for Canada. TA that was canada's first match of the event. Go on scotland!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result for Canada. I thought they were in tough to even win one game although Tonga was their best chance at that. Canada played a much better style than they usually do and I was impressed with how they played. Definitely will not win vs NZ or France but maybe against Japan...although Japan looked great in their defeat vs NZ.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great to see Canada get a positive result out of 1 of their group games. :) All the games I've taken in have been quality, aside from Namibia getting their arses handed to them by Samoa. The exposure for this tournament is sub par in our neck of the woods in comparison to other nations involved, regardless it's great to watch an international tournament, especially when Canada is involved for once! I know Johnny Wilkinson is STILL playing, but I doubt he can pull off what he did back in '03 for England again... :(

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was shocked to find this was the 3rd most popular sporting event behind the World Cup (soccer) and the Olympics. Crazy how popular it is everywhere but here.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if i'm wrong but dont the BC mens rugby finals out draw Bc mens soccer finals year in year out? Probably more to do with marketing and the body that governs them more than anything else though. BC soccer could learn a thing or 10 from the rugby guys.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if i'm wrong but dont the BC mens rugby finals out draw Bc mens soccer finals year in year out? Probably more to do with marketing and the body that governs them more than anything else though. BC soccer could learn a thing or 10 from the rugby guys.

Soccer has a TON it could learn from Rugby but culturally they are opposites so will never really happen. In its simplest form: one sport showers after games and shares a beer with the opposition; one sport sits on the sidelines in their shinpads and drinks from a cooler...and then possibly to a pub still in the shinpads :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0