Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 World Cup Qualifiers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone catch the Roy Keane press conference?

This part of it is classic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFulcDJDJEU"]YouTube- Roy Keane's mobile phone rant[/ame]

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's most of the whole thing, good stuff!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8bkT6eIrnc"]YouTube- Roy Keane dismisses Irish World Cup complaints[/ame]

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well say Mr. Keane....That show there is a general reaction (at the professional level and more here at the AMATEUR LEVEL)... when a foul/handball is committed by one team, the opposing side JUST STOP PLAYING waiting for the call.

I believe the referee in this case did not see the handball. Could the linesman see it? ...maybe

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well say Mr. Keane....That show there is a general reaction (at the professional level and more here at the AMATEUR LEVEL)... when a foul/handball is committed by one team, the opposing side JUST STOP PLAYING waiting for the call.

I believe the referee in this case did not see the handball. Could the linesman see it? ...maybe

What a load of shite! Of course no-one is going to stop waiting for a call. I find it amusing that Henry supposedly went up to the ref AFTER the game and told him he handled the ball. Why did he do that do you think?
Could it have been that after celebrating the goal, then seeing it on the big screen, and realising he could never get away it, that he decided to pass the buck?? Absolutely! If he was bothered by it, he could have went up to the ref after the goal had been scored, not after the game when the result would stick.
(See story on Robbie Fowler getting awarded a penalty after he fell.)

I don't doubt that it came quickly to him and it may have been instinctive to raise his arm, but it's also instinctive in football when the ball hits you quickly like that to drop your hand....Henry didn't, he controlled it with the 2nd touch of the hand.
The replay was never going to happen, Henry has to do some PR shite and FIFA are spineless putting any chance of a replay on FFF which they would never agree to.
I agree the defender did a poor job of tracking and knowing where Henry was but I do think that the team that was supposed to go through, got to go through. I'm not that naive as to think otherwise.

As for Keano; loved the man as a player, but he's a bitter ex-player now. Spends a bit of time talking about himself and Delaney and that he never got a call. Get over yourself!!!! Traits of an Irish lad that still has the bad taste of a campaign gone wrong 7 years ago.

Well said Mr Keane? Give me strength:rolleyes:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
By all means, let's judge Keane's comments without any sort of context.

He was asked a question and that was his answer. He sounds like a bitter man to me.
If you want to open up a new thread Jinky to discuss it, I would be more than happy to fire into it.

Come skelp this hun:D

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup the Irish got screwed but if nothing else this hopefully the anger can carry over into Euro Qualifying, however nothing anyone can do about it so lets get over it and get on with the draw already.. Has a date been announced yet?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roy Keane.......he was absolutely full of class when representing Ireland......:rolleyes:

Takemyballandrun CSC

It is time to move on. It was a ****ing embarrassing miss by the officials and FIFA have done nothing and will do nothing because it was human error after all.......

Go Brazil.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts