Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 World Cup Qualifiers

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
****ing Maloney............turn coat........Malaysian playing for Scotland. :mad: Imagine that......playing for a country you weren't born in......
Maloney was raised in Scotland albeit born in Sarawak.

That is largely different than Aids McGreety who is born and raised in Glasgow to Scottish Parents with Oirish Heritage. He was also trained and played all of his club football in Scotland, he is THE quintessential turncoat scum.

Maloney is class ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maloney was raised in Scotland albeit born in Sarawak.

That is largely different than Aids McGreety who is born and raised in Glasgow to Scottish Parents with Oirish Heritage. He was also trained and played all of his club football in Scotland, he is THE quintessential turncoat scum.

Maloney is class ;)

Do we need to name a list of all players who have done the same thing and it would be great to see if the animosity towards McGeady is the same. We know it wouldn't be but I'm not sure why? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do we need to name a list of all players who have done the same thing and it would be great to see if the animosity towards McGeady is the same. We know it wouldn't be but I'm not sure why? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Are you fcuking serious? Sometimes, no most often, you talk a load of pish.

Get a grip. Whether you support Rangers or not, Aids is a fcukin' traitor. End of.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you fcuking serious? Sometimes, no most often, you talk a load of pish.

Get a grip. Whether you support Rangers or not, Aids is a fcukin' traitor. End of.

Yes, you do.

Aids......you guys are not only genius, but classy too. Clinical.

Maloney for Malyasia Loyal

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes........Ulster Days were a big hit in Rangers last home game I believe.........so I ask........where in "ULSTER" is Glasgow?

Fcuk. You really are thick arent you. Ulster, Scotland - British. Remember all the "Brits get out" sh!t that you spew. That's why Ibrox has Saltires and Union Jacks. The cesspool you call home has tri-colours, the flag of a foreign country. As JBN asks, "Where in Ireland is Glasgow?".

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look, Celtic v Rangers aside...I wouldn't give a rat's arse if any British player decided to Cap for any of the 4 home nations...If Giggs decided to Cap for Scotland, or if Hutton decided to Cap for England, or if Lafferty decided he was Scottish, or Brian McLean capping for Northern ireland....(remember that nonsense)

Fact is McGeady was born in the UNITED KINGDOM, in SCOTLAND, was raised and trained in GLASGOW and capped for a foreign nation, the REPUBLIC of IRELAND. It makes no sense...It boggles the mind.

That would be like me playing Hockey as a lad, being born and raised in Vancouver, being trained and taught how to play by coaches in Surrey and Langley, and then making the NHL with the Vancouver Canucks after playing Junior Hockey with the Vancouver Giants, and deciding to play for the United States because I have two grandparents that came to Canada via the USA from Scotland.

It makes no sense.

He is the same as Owen Whoregreaves in my books.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fact is McGeady was born in the UNITED KINGDOM, in SCOTLAND, was raised and trained in GLASGOW and capped for a foreign nation, the REPUBLIC of IRELAND. It makes no sense...It boggles the mind.

It makes no sense.

Agree 100%. Might be an arguably different story if he couldn't make the Scottish National team and was shunned, but that isn't the case here.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A wee cnut, yes, but he looked good yesterday and the Republic should have won by a hell of lot more than 1-nil yesterday.
Duff and Keane looked good too.

And what about England?

Give Fabio Capello and Geovanni Trapattoni credit - The I-Ties have certainly got their shite together.
Especially Capello.

Back on topic and all that...;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk. You really are thick arent you. Ulster, Scotland - British. Remember all the "Brits get out" sh!t that you spew. That's why Ibrox has Saltires and Union Jacks. The cesspool you call home has tri-colours, the flag of a foreign country. As JBN asks, "Where in Ireland is Glasgow?".

Thanks for the history lesson, Buckfast. I know how close you are to the Ulster situation. Carry on.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does he not have a choice? Might be a little different for Hargreaves, his decision was way too easy. Play in the Euro's and a few world cups or play exhibition games against TFC. Aidan on the other hand was shunned sort of.

McGeady played for Scotland Schools while at Queen's Park. He then joined Celtic who had recently introduced a policy of not allowing their youths to play for their school teams.[2] At the time Scotland had a rule, which has since been changed, that should a young player not play for their school team they would not be considered for a call-up to Scotland Schools selects. The Republic of Ireland, who had no such rule, instructed Packie Bonner, who knew of McGeady's limited Irish lineage, (his grandmother hailed from Gweedore, County Donegal - his other three grandparents from Scotland) to invite McGeady to play for the Republic of Ireland Under-15 Schoolboys team, and he has since gone on to be a full Republic of Ireland international. Tommy Burns, Celtic's former Head of Youth Development and First team Coach, stated that McGeady's father wanted him to play for Scotland but, despite his father's urgings, McGeady still decided to play for the Republic of Ireland.[3] McGeady was even named in a Scotland under-16 squad but, despite attempts to persuade him to do so by the likes of then Scotland head coach Berti Vogts, the player declined to represent the Scots.[4] McGeady made his full début for the Republic of Ireland in June 2004 against Jamaica, and he has since gone on to win 20 caps for Ireland.

So Scotland as we so often do screw ourselves again.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts