Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 WC Qualifier: Macedonia @ Scotland 20090905

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WCQ 2010 in Europe... is Scotland still in it?

Bet window open until 7AM Pacific Saturday.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS is flying out this afternoon to take in this match, as well as the Holland v. Scotland on Wednesday (should be a cracker) and then close off the trip with Rangers v. Motherwell at Fir Park on Saturday the 12th. Just a quick 10 days of Football, Pints and some golf.

Scotland to win the game v. Macedonia and then hopefully a tie v. The Dutch.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS any chance you can stay there (playing GOLF :rolleyes: :p:p) until MAY 2010?

Wouldn't mind staying, but I don't think that my liver could take that long in Scotland and the UK Dental Plan is somewhat suspect at best. I will be sure to have a Haggis Supper after the match on Saturday and maybe save the Curry Take Away for after the Holland match. :knvb::knvb:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unrelated but couldnt find a thread on the matter so I will post here if only to irk Mr. Regs...:D

Italy 2-0 Georgia

What a farce. Kaladze with 2 (TWO!!!!) own goals to help a hapless Italian side with much to worry about ahead of next year's World Cup. There should be a clause in WC qualification that allows FIFA to disqualify a team from participating in the next major tournament if said team exhibits play embarassing to the country of origin.

The team I love looks terrible and without Buffon would probably not qualify for South Africa next year. Major change was needed two years ago after the Euro and this is painfully apparent if you suffer through a match featuring the defending WC champions.

We'll see what happens but the FIGC needs to change things if Italy is to contend, nevermind any major triumph at an International level.

Yuck.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jealous.

Have a great time Jags.

Yur no catching a Thistle match then? :confused:

First half was a bit dull on Saturday, but great atmosphere. Singing 'The Flower of Scotland' with 50,000+ passionate fans makes the hair go up on the back of the neck. Game changed in the 44th minute when a Macedonian Cnut went to the ground faking an injury. Ball was kicked out and when it came to the drop ball, Scott Brown wellied the ball into the Macedonian player for a corner. Players paired up and it was hand bags at 5 paces. Few yellow cards to each (one to James McFadden which is a shame, as he is suspended for the Dutch match). Scotland came out like a whole different team in the 2nd half. Had 4 or 5 quality chances in the first 5 minutes and should have been up. Then Hampden was turned upset down with a great goal by Scott Brown. Fans went crazy ............ as it is not often you get to see Scotland score an actual goal (notwithstanding OG's). Held the play for the rest of the game and then a great solo effort by McFadden to seal the deal and the three points. I was at the game with my Dad, who grew up in Glasgow. First time he has been in Hampden since a game in 1957 with 140,000 fans. Very emotional for him, but a great game!!!! Great moment for me as well to share with my Dad. Then it was drop him off in a taxi and out on the town to celebrate and get blootered. Needless to say, Sunday was not my best morning. On to the Dutch we go. Just getting ready to head down to the town and meet up with a few lads from WVFC, who are also in town and start the festivities again, and then it is off to Hampden for a 7:30pm kick off and then a 7:31pm kicking of the Dutch twats. COME ON SCOTLAND!!!!!!!:bronco::bronco::bronco:

RF ........ unfortunately, no Plastic Whistles game this trip. They are away up the East Coast on Saturday, so I thought best just to take in Rangers v. Motherwell at Fir Park.

JAGSreportingfromScotland

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts