Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 WC - Group A (Predictions/Comments/et...)

Who will win Group A???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to win the group (they are at home, after all) but still be as boring as ever. 2nd is more of a toss up but a slight edge to Costa Rica.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kahn to stay despite demotion

4/10/2006 10:44:42 AM

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - Oliver Kahn said he will stay on Germany's World Cup team Monday, despite his demotion to No. 2 behind Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann.

Lehmann was given the job of starter Friday by coach Juergen Klinsmann.

"I think it's important for the team that I am there during the World Cup," said Kahn, who was Germany's No. 1 goalkeeper at the 2002 World Cup in South Korea and Japan.

Kahn assured Klinsmann, Lehmann and the rest of the team of his full support and said he would prepare himself to be in the best shape for the June 9-July 9 tournament.

"You never know what can happen," Kahn told a nationally televised news conference in Munich. "I accept Klinsmann's decision. What we need now is a positive atmosphere and we have to put behind us these endless discussions."

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see anysing wrong with Klinsmann's decision. Lehmann is playing on a quality team equal to Bayern and has truck loads of experience at internation level as well. In fact, I'd say this is the type of goalkeeping change that England didn't have the balls to make in 2002.

This is just going to cost me more money, though. I'll have to buy a Lehmann jersey now.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts