Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars 2005 VMSL Allstar Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalkeepers: Cory Breure (Sapperton Rovers); Dennis Kindel (ICSF Inter)

Defenders: Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians); Graeme Magowan (Surrey United); Darko Jelic (Croatia SC); Jeff Skinner (Firefighters FC); Mark Gomes (Sporting Club); Mike Gomes (Sporting Club)

Midfielders: Joseph Marrello (ICSF Inter); Adam Costley (Pegasus FC); Steve Dickinson (Westside Rino); Matt Mori (Khalsa SC); Todd Stauber (Surrey United); Mike Favaro (Sapperton Rovers); Tiernan King (Columbus-Clan FC)

Forwards: Alex Elliott (Columbus FC); Chris Clarke (AFC Leopards); Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves); Johnny Sulentic (Croatia SC)

Coaches: Dave Fiorvento (Pegasus FC); Martin Foden (Surrey United); Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians)

Thoughts??

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Allstar Team

tough to argue with any of those selections. chris jarvie might feel a little hard done by not making the squad whilst leading the golden boot race. i'm sure there will be a few moans about those left out.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One thing I notice is they didn't make it up of 1 player from each team like last year.

Congrats to those that made the list.......except Millar or course especially as a coach no less :D

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Miller as coach. Not sure how that comes about given he team is struggling to make provincials. Joe Marrello should be on the list as coach of Inter.

Any thoughts.

Flash20

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

pammi birring should be on this list as one of the forwards...he has had a way better year than youngster alex elliot has...so add pammi to that list...no offence to alex...as he is a great player

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

1). Where the fcuk is Paul Favaro?

2). Costley should have been there last year.

3). Spada as a coach for this year?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last year people scoffed at the "one player from every team" rule.

So this year, every team got one player named, except for Trollers.

That strikes me as a very odd switch in selection philosophy, especially since the Trollers aren't in last place on either Side A or B, don't have the worst goals against average, don't have the worst goals for average and have a player tied for 2nd in league scoring. Yet teams that fail to meet this criteria all have players named to the All-Star team.

I was kind of shocked to see Kindel get the nod over Smiley as well.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

have to agree on the smiley shout. every game i've seen surrey play he is rock solid.
the steve millar pick for coach is laughable. clearly B.K. is calling the shots on that tight, err sinking ship. :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well Cory is a great pick for keepers, he has had a great year in the Sap. goal turning that team around, so why not WAB as coach over Davie (Sr. coach of the year), he is having a great year as the Sap. bench boss, plus his 88 Colts are the best of all time.

I feel bad for Tommy A, from Trollers having a great year leading the league in goals and he goes down, should be on the list for his first 10 games. Pammi is having a good year for Khalsa, but he hasn't been able to score in a few games, one because of an injury and the other tough luck.

Well I guess the real question is, Why didn't Notty get on this list this year, and will he be asked out to the games vs. the Caps and the visiting English Clubs this year. Only if he shows up to the practices.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have to whole hardly agree with the Smiley shout and not just because my ears will be ringing with this tomorrow either.

I'm glad to see at least Graeme got the nod. Though, Martin Schaeffer (to many Germans in Surrey) has also been out-standing for us this season too.

Paul Fav's should be on this team!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tuesday, April 5, 2005 against Vancouver Whitecaps at Brandrith Park in Tsawwassen. To get to Brandrith Park, go along 56th Street until you come to 12th Avenue. Turn right on 12th Avenue, follow it until you come to Cliff Avenue Elementary School. Brandith Park is behind the school. There will be a practice for the players on Monday, March 28, 2005 at Burnaby Lake West from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Good thinking. This is exactly what all these players need is to have a high paced game on a crappy little park right before Provincials.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good thinking. This is exactly what all these players need is to have a high paced game on a crappy little park right before Provincials.

Have you ever played there? The field is a good field. Thanks for coming out.

BTW, it is only the Whitecaps. A lot of VMSL teams would love to play at Brandrith....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hands of Stone said:
Well I guess the real question is, Why didn't Notty get on this list this year, and will he be asked out to the games vs. the Caps and the visiting English Clubs this year. Only if he shows up to the practices.

hos

Hos, last time I spoke to my Anonymous Soccer Source (ASS), he indicated that he wouldn't be available for selection this summer. You see, it seems my ASS will be busy in a late spring / early summer romp across Europe. My ASS intends on taking in the best Ireland, Great Britain, and the Netherlands have to offer, and because of this, my ASS won't available to get a right pounding from either the Whitecaps or any touring English squad. Since the situation is different this year, I'm pretty sure my ASS won't be sore at the omission.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

If you remember I was there last year as the teams official assistant to the tape and water coordinator and chief kit picker upper, rent a mouth. I nearly did an ankle there as Millar was shouting for me to toss him a water my plant foot hit a patch of very uneven ground 1 foot onto the pitch. Nearly ended my day. I can't imagine who would have picked up the kit or wiped the sweat off smally's brow had I gone down.

I won't be back even if asked. I have my own teams thirst and provincial run to consider.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

A question...............as I can assume the managers submitt picks to the league to form an ALL STAR team of players............what or who picks the coaches? What is the criteria do you think?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I suspect the criteria is whatever Willi might be thinking that particular day.

How else do things get done in the VMSL?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Allstar Team [2005]

zenga said:

Defenders: Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians); Graeme Magowan (Surrey United); Darko Jelic (Croatia SC); Jeff Skinner (Firefighters FC); Mark Gomes (Sporting Club); Mike Gomes (Sporting Club)

Midfielders: Joseph Marrello (ICSF Inter); Adam Costley (Pegasus FC); Steve Dickinson (Westside Rino); Matt Mori (Khalsa SC); Todd Stauber (Surrey United); Mike Favaro (Sapperton Rovers); Tiernan King (Columbus-Clan FC)

Forwards: Alex Elliott (Columbus FC); Chris Clarke (AFC Leopards); Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves); Johnny Sulentic (Croatia SC)

Coaches: Dave Fiorvento (Pegasus FC); Martin Foden (Surrey United); Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians)

Thoughts??

They missed the teams waaaattteerr Boy: KNVB
:knvb: :knvb: :D

He did well last year from what I heard

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Allstar Team [2005]

zenga said:

Thoughts??

Sounds like there is an internal feud brewing.....

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

only 2 changes i'd make to the all star roster...
smiley for kindel and jarvie for clarke
smiley has had the best goals against this year for the what...
5th year in a row?? and in my mind any player who lays down
to tackle the way clarke does has to be overlooked :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0