Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Bell Canadian Open

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the Open kicks off tomorrow up at Shaughnessy ( www.shaughnessy.org/index.cfm ). Is anyone heading out to watch?

It's too bad all the big names, aside from Singh, are skipping it. Hopefully one of the good Canadian kids can come through with a victory. My money would be on Ames seeing as how Wier sucks ass these days.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was reading in the paper today that you have to take a shuttle to the course. You cannot park anywhere near the course and the shuttle is a must.

I did the shuttle at Northlands when they had the Air Canada, and it sucked.

Didn't get a chance to look closely at the map to see how long the shuttle is and from where you can catch it.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know there is a shuttle from Richmond which really blows, also I believe there is one from Oakridge at 41st and Cambie, not sure where else. I heard the one day passes for the weekend were $85 each and like $150 for both days. Pretty pricey.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vijay Singh went up in my estimation for making an appearance here with the back trouble last week. Not that this isn't a good one for him to be in with so many fellow countrymen in Canada.

Jesper Parnevik is here too. Mojo 730 or one of them played a tape of him talking about his game yesterday and how he returned to Sweden for a few months to with his family, etc. If it not set up as it was and they stopped it before he went on to hitting the ball better, etc. you would have sworn it was Markus Naslund in both sound of voice and phrasings.

It has also been pointed out that the LPGA has rules regarding attendance like you have to go to all courses on their tour 1 out of 3 or so years. NASCAR has a points system and possibly a requirement to be in all races that makes them turn up. Maybe golf needs rules like this.

It is pretty pricey but I guess as they want to keep the crowd size lower, they want to max their revenues on fewer people. This is like hockey, you get the corporate ticket crowd not the average guy so much unless he is a golf fanatic or wants to the a##hole shouting "in the hole" on the 18th green something that is so stupid but is heard at every golf tournament.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(1:55 PM ET) Rod Pampling, Briny Baird and Andrew Magee are tied for the lead at 3-under at Vancouver's Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club. The top Canadians are Jon Mills and Ian Leggatt at even-par. Mike Weir is struggling at 5-over through eleven.
As I said, Weir is sucking ass these days. Holy shite.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Throbby,

I'd love to take you with me tomorrow... Fun Bobbi's father has offered me a 'free' ticket to Shaughnessy. You can call my cell throughout the day to check on things, since the airtime will be free :D ;)

+SC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
You can call my cell throughout the day to check on things

I don't think someone with bad golf etiquette should be going. Please let Fun Bobby know i'm going instead, and i won't be taking my cell phone.
:rolleyes:
;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yogi, that's twice this week you've responded to my 'pisstake'.

No need to reply :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Throbby,

I'd love to take you with me tomorrow... Fun Bobbi's father has offered me a 'free' ticket to Shaughnessy. You can call my cell throughout the day to check on things, since the airtime will be free :D ;)

+SC
When you say "take me", what do you mean? You want to "take" me? Or you want to "take" me?

Either way I would have been SO in. ;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Throbby :eek:

It was an impressive day of golf for sure :) . If anyone is heading out there tomorrow make sure you give yourself a lot of time to shuttle in/out. The line-ups for the busses were ridiculous to say the least :mad:. It's worth it to park and walk in (more like hike) or have a friend drop you off.

Overall it is a quality event and well worth the ticket price :wa:

Please see the highlight reel for details :cool:

+SC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Yogi, that's twice this week you've responded to my 'pisstake'.

No need to reply :D

Just to piss you off, i'm replying.

I was hinting that you should take me not Throbby.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts