Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 VERNON Tournament

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is goin'?

Beernuts are in...Midway Motel is where it'll be happenin' :wa:

See y'all at the Beer Garden!!

striker14

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddha is not going. Not only have we left it to the last minute and also the organizer has not yet sent the forms for entry. Might just be a hint that they don't want us anymore.
Now why would that be?

Yoda, Skytrain, and families are going anyways, might be helping out other teams if they are in need of players.

See ya there.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strike it up, can I have your tokens now?

Yodi,
Haven't you had enough bashing this co-ed season?

+SC

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda Yoda said:
Beernuts are lookin' because we already see into our drunken futures, and I am sure a lil' bit o' help won't hurt. :D Plus...our beer cooler runs a lot longer than other Co-Ed team around. :p

striker14

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
Yoda Yoda said:
:D Plus...our beer cooler runs a lot longer than other Co-Ed team around. :p

striker14

That happens when you don't touch the beers inside, try drinking next time and maybe you can empty the cooler for once because I know a case of beer can go a long way but I'm sure you can do it.

No Buddha in Vernon that's disappointing :rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD,
sounds like you're living up to it as we speak...Well done!

Striker,
thanks sista! :)

+anSC

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dearest Dial 9-1-1

I believe I am aware of who you were imitating, but I am gonna keep that little secret to myself :rolleyes:

Your Pal,

striker14 :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy s-st-stutter issues people! LEARN TO FCUKING TYPE! :D

So jealous you guys are all going to Vernon... :( .... except if Dial 911's going... then I don't care if I go or not! ;)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe I was able to persuade Balsa to leave the Senior Centre to come to Vernon.... if the old gimp can play... that's another story... :confused: :rolleyes:

We always knew Balsa was a Beernuts "Wanna-be" :D

Not sure if we have many guys coming so if ya wanna play Yoda, just look for the bright Tangerine-supposed-to-be-Orange-shirts!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess nobody's had time to update this weekends tournament.
Just got home myself and expected the S**t to already have hit the fan.

Competitive Division had 4 teams this year.Thanks to Bernie for passing on the info to the other teams in our league about the tourny. We gave Gavin (organizer) a hard time and he informed us that he sent all the info for our league to Bernie who evidently didn't bother to pass it on to anyone else. :rolleyes:
Final was Okananan PCL guys 4- Young Guns (sort of) 3. YG's had to pick up 4 or 5 to play the final.
Rec Division had 13 teams, and obviously the best way to do this draw would be for everyone to play 2 games and then rank them by their points. Union Jackers finished 4 and lost in the semi finals which earned them $0. The 5th place team was automatically getting $150 at least, as well as the 9th place team. Weird draw but whatever.
Final was BDGC 6 - Beernuts 3. Got a little chippy towards the end but GC's did good for not having any guy subs. Seemed like all the Valley teams were short players and picking people up.

Good times had by all i'm sure.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great tourney, we had a blast!

Vernon must have sent their entire cop squad (4 cars and an SUV) to the Midway Hotel Friday night to tell us to quiet down! :confused: (Tim Horton's must have run out of donuts temporarily) :D

2 games a day was a little rough and thanks to Yoda for his Cameo appearance ;) Big help!

Balsa also laced up the cleats and played 2 games... played great but decided to drink beer Sunday to numb the pain.

Games were good.... Cosmo's were entertaining as usual, Union Jackers were not an easy defeat but we pulled it off (must have been because STD didn't play...? :rolleyes: ) and we managed to battle to chippy Kelowna/Vernon team 7-0 but our fun ran out playing the Tryhard BDGC's who should have been in competitve but it was an easy $500 for them. :rolleyes:

Ah, who cares, 2nd place was fine with us since most of team only had a few hours of sleep a night and were yakin their guts out all morning... :( :rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Competitive Division had 4 teams this year.Thanks to Bernie for passing on the info to the other teams in our league about the tourny. We gave Gavin (organizer) a hard time and he informed us that he sent all the info for our league to Bernie who evidently didn't bother to pass it on to anyone else. :rolleyes:

Get real Yoda. How old are you? How many years have you guys been in this tournament? You needed Bernie to pass this info to you? Maybe Bernie got this info because he inquired like you should have. You think? He also posted about Vernon about a month ago...plenty of time for you to have put a team in. I never realised this tournament was such a well kept secret. Now...for you to somehow directly place all the blame on Bernie (and indirectly the YGs) is...typical. Big thumbs down.

Anyhow, congrats to the Carts and Beernuts for their showing in the tourney. I don't know how the Carts were able to pull it off with only five guys, since we were losing 3 players per game to injury. Congrats to Lisa for being voted the top female on the rec side.

Thanks also to the Cosmos (Clint, Hailey and Mel), the YJs (Lloyd, Sheila, Dave, Jay, and Trevor), Buddha (Skytrain) and the Beernuts (Michelle) for lending us players for various games throughout the weekend. Hope I didn't miss anyone. They were awesome and were a huge part of our victory in the semis vs Vernon, and in our near victory over the Okanagan team which defeated us 7-1 in the first game, ending our trophy streak at 9. Two goals against in the final 8 minutes did us in. Thanks to STD for cheering us on in the beer garden in between slurring and picking himself up off the ground.

Congrats to Mario J for being voted top goalie in the tourney. We asked every team if they had a goalie to lend us and nobody did. Not bad for an injured defender! He finally made up for deserting us Nations Cup weekend. Mylee R was phe-freaking-nomenal, and totally shut down their male MVP of the tourney. She got shafted, no...not a good word. She got screwed....no, not much better. She got "overlooked" as the tournament MVP--period!

Yoda, if you want, I can send you weekly updates on the 2005 Vernon tournament so the same thing doesn't happen again next year.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For once I have to agree with Dial 911 :eek: .... the YG women were ON FIRE during that last game... :wa:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts