Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, the effort was commendable. However, the odds are FAR too high for the group stages. I would use something like this(fraction form)

Group 1
Scotland - 2/1
Poland - 8/1
Ireland - 5/2
Croatia - 7/1

Group 2
Germany - 5/6
First Nations - 15/1
China - 12/1
Caribbean - 11/4

Group 3
Italy - 9/5
India - 2/1
Greece - 10/1
Portugal - 5/1

Group 4
Fiji - 3/1
England - 2/1
Argentina - 10/1
Canada - 9/2

Off course, these are made without knowing anything about any of the teams.......

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tartan Army

Fair enough Capitano, but I assure you, you are Captain-on-the spot on this one:

Captain Shamrock said:
Scotland - 2/1

And you can apply those oddds to the other categories too ma Keltic brotha.

Nation of domination,

RF

:bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

If you can supply the odds for the outright champion, I'll post these as a TTP Bookie event.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When is the last time that Croatia has made it out of it's Group, let alone win a Semi or final at this thing, They do however drink the most on the Saturday night after thier 2 defeats.

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When is the last time the Limey nations, excluding Ireland of course didn't bastardize the nationality requirement to fit their needs? :eek:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Tartan Army

Rangerforever said:
Fair enough Capitano, but I assure you, you are Captain-on-the spot on this one:

And you can apply those oddds to the other categories too ma Keltic brotha.

Nation of domination,

RF

:bronco:

I assume you are referring to the Over 30's bracket? The Mighty Slovaks might have soemthing to say about that.:mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco,

I looked at that after and it is too high. 5/1 would probably be more realistic.. My apologies but then again, I don't know the teams......It would be nice if I knew the rosters.........Also, thanks for not including Ireland in with the 'Limeys'. Imagine playing players who don't have connections to that country.

Perhaps another thread should be started that has the line-ups BEFORE I post the odds for the outright winner......I will do that now....

RF,

I'll try to do it a bit later but I'm really busy. :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you book us a park so we can give the ZGermans a good old fashion hum-ping. ZWilmsy is looking into one for monday as well.

Don't mention the war...

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 for us last night. Not exactly a thumping given the competition, but a good run nonetheless. I know now that the Slovaks have a ringer indeed!! ;)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play the Portugal tonight at 7pm out at Sidaway. Horrible field, but should be a good run!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco Limey is a term for those english bastards, it be like calling you serbian.Scotland played canada last night and won 2-1.We did not have much of a team but we were able to come through.Also after all these rants and raves between u and hos we are bringing back hos to play against croatia just to give u guys a chance.Scotland will repeat.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We beat Portugal 2-1 last night. Both sides were missing players. I know we were, I am assuming they were as well. Gomesy may be able to shed some light.

Larrson: HOS, Brewery, or whoever!! :D

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we were missing a bunch of guys as well last night. Not a very good game and like Bronco said earlier, a terrible pitch.

Bronco said:
We beat Portugal 2-1 last night. Both sides were missing players. I know we were, I am assuming they were as well. Gomesy may be able to shed some light.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys should have used the 7 v 7 pitch we had marked out instead!! much better field.... can rain and rain and still be hard as a rock!!! :)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco said:
HOS, Brewery, or whoever!! :D

Whoever it is!

HOS is O-30's this year and Breuer is not playing, along with Woody, the Scotland team is not as strong as last year by the sounds of things.

hos

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear alemania are stacked this year,

good luck to all teams

sid

uptheIrish ;) ;) o' captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sid said:
I hear alemania are stacked this year,

good luck to all teams

sid

uptheIrish ;) ;) o' captain

Yah, and I'm sure they're all German. :rolleyes:

We had an intrasquad scrimmage tonight. Overall, it wasn't too bad, despite the amount of sweat that fell out of everyone. I'm not sure if Notty, Reedy, or I won that battle. KNVB megged JB and I megged someone in the 2 touch part. I can't remember who it was though. Help anyone? :confused:

There won't be any forwards in the tournament who will be stronger/quicker than Ireland's.....Notty/KNVB/Reedy/Ormerod/ to name a few..... I have one concern but will not mention that on here so it will be up to the coach to try and find the solution........Finalised line-up......Some players may see action in different positions.....

Goal - Craig Edwards, Craig Birnham

Defense - Dan Krinsic, John Blair, Sean Pratt, Steve MacAulay, Justin Rettig, Darren Nott(?), Jeff Skinner, Stu Walters

Midfield - Tiernan King(Sat), Jeff Potratz, Vince Stewart, Bob Anderson, Jeff Skinner, Bryan VanShagen(Sun possibly), Dave Hleucka, Steve MacAulay, Justin Rettig, Matt Ormerod

Strikers - Rob Reed, Darren Nott, Dave Hleucka, Matt Ormerod, Craig Chaisson, Brad Caldwell, Tiernan King

Hopefully, I didn't forget anyone. Good luck to all the teams.

Jackie Charlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0