Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 BC Provincial Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going to write an article about this but I can't wait that long...

The 2004 BC Provincial Final will be played May 15th @ Swangard Stadium, to be followed by a Whitecaps game.

Finally, the BC Final is being played where it always should be played. Apparently no thanks to certain FVSL executives who wanted to insist that this was their year to host and they wanted to do it in Chilliwack :rolleyes:

If we are looking for better exposure for our game, why would the FVSL put up a fuss when this option presented itself? No disrespect to Chilliwack, but fcuk me, are you serious?

Anyways, discuss.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
About time.

That'll be a terrific place for us to defend our title. At least then all the teams who lose their best players will still get to see them play in May. In all seriousness though, that'll be a terrific place for us to defend our title.

I guess this means the Semi's will be in Victoria again? Brutal. Better than driving to Chilliwhack though.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The committee better check with A.F.C. to make sure that venue will be okay for them. With a growing club like that, there might not be enough seats in the stands to watch them win the Cup. Personally, I don't give a fcuk because I won't be playing in it or watching it. :D :confused:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
I was going to write an article about this but I can't wait that long...

The 2004 BC Provincial Final will be played May 15th @ Swangard Stadium, to be followed by a Whitecaps game.

Finally, the BC Final is being played where it always should be played. Apparently no thanks to certain FVSL executives who wanted to insist that this was their year to host and they wanted to do it in Chilliwack :rolleyes:

If we are looking for better exposure for our game, why would the FVSL put up a fuss when this option presented itself? No disrespect to Chilliwack, but fcuk me, are you serious?

Anyways, discuss.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Check your sources Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, whatever the situation, having Swanguard as a venue is best for promoting the league(s) to be involved in the final. We'd get a far bigger audience. The idea of playing before the Caps is long overdue.

That said, Chilliwack would not be a bad second option. Great facility, the locals would probably fill it, top notch pitch, free hotdogs for the youngsters...;)

Seriously though, other than perhaps Town Centre (haven't seen that pitch in years), and obviously Swanguard, what town has a better facility in the Lower Mainland? Having our season opener there on the Friday night was top notch!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Pull your head out of the sand!

Having the game showcased at Swangard is the best way to give Senior amateur soccer the exposure that it is sorely lacking around these parts. It is not a "league" thing.

LFC2,

What exactly am I supposed to check my sources for? Perhaps I should just wait for the RCMP to call :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You talking to me?

having Swanguard as a venue is best for promoting the league(s) to be involved in the final.

Not sure how my head is in the sand with that statement.

Please explain.

Thanks in advance,

Osterridge (sp?).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took your statement to mean that the only benefactors of having the game at Swangard would be the VMSL or the VISL.

:D

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that's just plain ignorant on your part.

Ignorance, I say!:rolleyes: More than that, very KNVB-ish of you. We all know what that means.;)

To clarrify for Regs and all those confused by that statement:

I (Dude of TTP) think that Swanguard is the best venue for the Provincial Finals, regardless of the leagues involved in said finals.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
[LFC2,

What exactly am I supposed to check my sources for? Perhaps I should just wait for the RCMP to call :D

Cheers,

~Regs. [/B]

Two separate issues. We are talking the Final here.
Back on topic.:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old knvb

No, no, no... don't be going and putting words in my mouth, if I had said it, I would have suggested it would be a fine showcase for all three leagues. VMSL vs. VISL on the pitch and FVSL off it shagging balls. That is if I had said it.BUT I didn't. New KNVB has too much respect for all players and leagues.

KNVBachangedman...honest.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Volunteering for ball shagging duty.

Swangard's the place.

Before a 'Caps game even better.

Regardless,

FVSLforever

For a guy with a sore neck and back, not bad pissing there Davie. ;)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude

I (Dude of TTP) think that Swanguard is the best venue . [/B]

Ok, just so that I am clear, it is Swangard Stadium that is in question, not the stadium guarded by the swans?
Please clarify and I will move on.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 is a KNVB

We're talking about the one guarded by swans.:rolleyes:

Is there another? Oh yes; that one in Burnaby with all those SoccerCity signs decorating it...

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: LFC2 is a KNVB

Originally posted by Dude
We're talking about the one guarded by swans.:rolleyes:

Is there another? Oh yes; that one in Burnaby with all those Soccer....... signs decorating it...

Dudes playing time seriously in question.:mad:

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy,

you mean play in the final;) could happen...

ps if you wanted to watch you could camp in my back yard:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts