Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004/2005 VMSL Rumours and Innuendos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year, we started this thread with news of the Sportstown/Firemen merger so let's start off this year with a bit of an old rumour I heard last month of Firemen buying out Sportstown's share of the squad... I've heard it from a couple of different sources so it must be true :D

Another rumour I've heard but really don't want to believe is that Peg has already started training :eek:

Has the Inter exodus started yet to the Capitals?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ShowTime is the new Asst. Coach with Sporting, I am sure he will whip any and all of the Keepers into shape at that Camp.
Heard that some of the Indo boys could be on the move to a few different Premier teams.
How about Clan, are they staying together or is that team going to split up and where are those players going?

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've heard Coach Cooper is no longer the coach of Clan. That could just be for the summer though my ASS for that, isn't the best. Actually it's down right dumpy. Other rumors are both Gata's are at Burn now along with a possible Benji sighting.

Theres been a few Khalsa sighting in Surrey. Shock I know... Khalsa in Surrey, but this time I'm talking about soccer players.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
That's interesting as I think if Peg didn't win provincials this year, many of the North Shore contingent on Peg were also going there...

Cheers,

~Regs.

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Globe and Mail, Monday July 26, 2004 (don't remember page number)

Referee killed coach, South African police say

Johannesburg. A South African soccer referee shot dead a coach who questioned one of his rulings, police said yesterday.
Grahamstown police said a fight broke out after the referee gave a yellow card to a player in a Saturday match. "there was an altercation...and the referee became threatened when the other team approached himbecause they were angry. So he pulled out a gun and killed the coach of the visitor team."
The coach died on the pitch, and the referee fled, police said.Reuters

Hmmmmm Coach Captain Shamrock you better be careful when you coach your women team.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Gerry Herdenson (if that's your real name),

You should pull your head out of it then because you are way off topic here :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR and Trollers, are amalgamating, and will be called North Shore Football Club. DCR will be the cat team for the Trollers, and DCR coach will run the Premier team :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmm Coach Captain Shamrock you better be careful when you coach your women team.

I worry about a lot of other things when coaching the women's team - and that isn't one of them......:) It's all about angles.......

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside17 said:
DCR and Trollers, are amalgamating, and will be called North Shore Football Club. DCR will be the cat team for the Trollers, and DCR coach will run the Premier team :eek:

Great idea to make one very strong team out of two solid teams. A few questions, where is the home park, Ambleside or that nice DeepCove pitch? There is a little geography problem with both teams on opposite ends of the Shore.
Second, does DeepCove give up their 1st Div. spot when moving to the CAT or do they sell it, or are they having a CAT and a !st Div. team. It is a great idea, and I am sure you will see some of the NorthShore based Peg players move over after the Nationals (if Peg locates to Newton) and even a few of the stronger Norvan players trying out. Great idea for NorthShore soccer, even better if they play out of Kinsmen.

I wonder if more of the weaker Premier teams could join up with 1st div. sides to become stronger, this is the way that the CAT system was intended, instead on shitt CAT teams made up of very young kids.

hos

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams will play at Ambleside Premier at 2pm, followed by cat at 4pm. They automatically moved to Ambleside truf, if parks closed. Not sure what happens to DCR spot, did hear mention of it being sold.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have been hearing rumours that a team called Kurds United (??), playing in the Spanish Summer League this year, have been sniffing around about buying a Div 1 spot or Div 2 spot if that is all that is available.

I am told they have several VMSL Premier players, including some Leopards and also Zico from Temple.

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers,

Daz

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard at training last night:

Tony Adamson to Trollers
Sal to the Capitals
Matt Judd and some Bevin guy, along with the Trollups keeper (cheatside?) to Inter

Cheers,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Tony Adamson to Trollers

Is he any relation to Tommy Adamson, if so, Trollers are going to be looking good up front next year.
Can we call them Trollers anymore, or is it NorthShore Troyals?

hos

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
does DeepCove give up their 1st Div. spot when moving to the CAT

Not sure what happens to DCR spot

I believe there is precedent here. Didn't Bosna or someone last year get a Div.1 spot by virtue of having the next best record in Div.2 (after the three Div.2 winners were promoted)? I don't recall the circumstances regarding why a fourth Div.1 spot became available... anyone?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Better then Sapperton might look in goal. :eek:

I thought Kent had a very good season between the pipes last year for the Rovers.

Now if you are taking about the Slurrey Rangers and thier outside back, then you are spot on.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is he any relation to Tommy Adamson
Tony, Tommy, whatever... I don't think even he remembers his own name still after the collision with Mastro :D

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts