Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[2004/2005 VMSL Preseason] Exhibition Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Div 1, 2 or 3

Surrey U is scheduled to play Nor Van Saturday. I've haven't played a Nor-Van side since they year they were relegated back in 99'. How are they? Actually how were they last year?

Any other teams playing games other than the Sporting vs BBY for the sixth time. :rolleyes:

John did I hear right from Walker you guys are playing Temple out at Brookswood on Sunday?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Preseason] Exhibition Matches

I *think* Peg is playing the Capitals next Wednesday... or someone else.

~Regs.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think Temple is playing Burnaby Canadians @ Bear Creek Park on Sunday, at least that was the word at training last night...could be Brookside though, thats where the team trains.

KNVB, if you come out to watch, make sure you come by and say hi,

I'll be the brown guy with the black hair :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

A this pace, Thriller will have all the capItals in tip top shape for the big Labour day tourney. I hope Walks is giving them a good deal on his Ref fees, it is pre-season for him too, so he must have trouble getting out of the center spot never mind the center circle.

How are the Reds vs. Blues games at the Westside trainings going, Smallsy, or are you guys waiting for the tourney for your first get together?

hos

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

HOS said:
I hope Walks is giving them a good deal on his Ref fees,

No chance HOS, I'm actually thinking of charging them more as $50 is really not worth having to drive all over the Lower Mainland to here Millar, Woody and John moan :D.

However, Sal is proving to be an excellent pop man with Burnaby beer man Daryll working nights at the moment. Hopefully, he takes a page out of Super Pippo's book and starts to bring the BBQ and a crate of Geegers to each game ..... :D

it is pre-season for him too,

Walks doesn't get a pre-season I'm afraid. With the hundreds of games he does during the Summer, the winter season's a refreshing break :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's amazing with all those games you ref you never get any better.

~Pot. :rolleyes:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

True.

How was playing in the Fraser Valley Summer Soccer League this year ??

Thanks for coming out,

~Kettle

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Walks....I wasn't sure if you got my message but the game is at Bearcreek Park in Surrey...see ya there!

Hard Ballz

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumour has it we play Inter this (or next) weekend and Westside on the long weekend when everyone else are destroying themselves with 3 and 5 games on the shitty turf pitch.

smallsy, you may need your turf shoes.

Nor Van couldn't field a team this weekend so we had our U-21's kick our ass. Luckly we won the game though.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

How are the Reds vs. Blues games at the Westside trainings going, Smallsy, or are you guys waiting for the tourney for your first get together?

westside is in the usual pre/early season shambles.
training started last week with what can basically be called a rookie camp. no vets except for one fat blonde kid who has now been advised by physio to sit out for a month to allow an achilles tendonitis to heal.
training will continue this week without the vets. we don't show up to training until the tuesday before the first league game. :D
retirements and the usual pissing and moaning by remaining vets should make for the annual slow start for westside.
some signings in the works though...possible return of a couple ex-westside/"all-time whitecaps" players.
we are looking for a goalie too. HOS do you know any good keepers?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Saw Boban out last week -- guess he doesn't count as a vet. Either that or he's coaching.

Losing any "vets" this year?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Smally,

A certain Westside veteran has been seen around the Port Moody/Coquitlam area recently looking for a game, unsure as to whether the drive out to Todd Field will be worth it for another year. You never know. He'd look good in blue and black stripes, much the way you did at one time. :eek:

Good luck with the heel!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Either that or he's coaching

keeper, the latter.

jonesy, i have to admit...i like the vertical stripes. quite slimming. it's those colours i have a problem with. :D
as for the veteran spotted out in the sticks...i know of whom you speak.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lomas 3 Wickham 0 at Connaught Park last night.

In all fairness to Wickham it was 0-0 at the half and I believe they had more of their second string on in the second.

Three well taken goals by the Lomas.

Vancouver Olys next Monday.

Daz :D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus Clan A v Columbus Clan B tonight.

9pm @BBY Turf

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

cerebral smallsy said:
...possible return of a couple ex-westside/"all-time whitecaps" players.
we are looking for a goalie too. HOS do you know any good keepers?

I also hear that an "all-time whitecaps" brother could be making a return, or is Simon too busy trying to make the 2010 Olympic Curling team.

As for keepers, what is going on with the "Old Green Jersey" between the pipes, I know he was hurt at the end of the season, but is he done for good now. I am sure Besty will be very hurt if Westside is shopping around for Keepers after his MOTM performance in the BC's last year.
You know there is a lack of good keepers in the VMSL when Kent (a great out player) is starting in goal for Sap., Westsides best prospect for keeper is Besty, and HOS is starting for Khalsa.

Time to start up the Mighty Kh..... thread, not so fast, lets wait a few more weeks.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

VMSL Exhibition MOTW has got to be the big Burnaby CapItals vs. Slurrey (don't trust the Reverse Draw) Pegasus out at Newton Athletic tonight at 6:30. Both teams have been training for a few weeks, and both have good numbers, unlike most other teams. But I have heard through the rumour mill that Burnaby could have a little keeper crisis on their hands, but I am sure they will sort it out. By the way, John, sort your Box out, I can't get in.
Should be a good match.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone going tonight?

Slurrey play Inter this weekend at Cloverdale @ noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts