Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Province Cup (women)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the draw, unofficially...

UBC vs. LIWSA #4
LIWSA #3 vs. SBAA

LIWSA Cup Winner (should be Gorge) vs. Burnaby Canadians
Surrey United vs. LIWSA Cup Finalist

And for those of you claim league play means nothing, I will bet UBC will beg to differ.

Burnaby's lackluster play through the first ten games now leaves them in a position of likely having to beat all three top teams (Gorge, Surrey U, and UBC) to win the title - for the second year in a row.

I know Soccerbitches will argue with me on this, I hope her and SBAA will prove me wrong, but UBC has a relatively smooth path to the final.

PS: UBC looking for the treble... They won league title, have clinched spot in Premie Cup Final, and will look to win BC's for sixth time in eight years.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semis in the wack

By the way, whose bloody idea was it to move semi-finals from Coquitlam to Chilliwack?

Why must semis be played at "neutral" venues? It's nuts.

PS... Nothing against Chilliwack, I like it there, I have family in the Wack.:D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally...

Women's Province Cup get's going this coming weekend...

UBC gets to play Castaways (that should be like lambs to the slaughter).

SBAA plays Nanaimo. I like SBAA's chances but Nanaimo could give them a run ... from all accounts their a young team - lots of U18's - with skill.

Burnaby gets to go to RAP and take on Gorge for the third time in four years. This will be tough, as Gorge always are. Particularly on the island.

Surrey United plays Comox. Surrey has struggled down the stretch, but this one has the potential to be particularly lopsided.

I am picking a MWSL sweep and all four teams making the semis. However, Burnaby and SBAA have tough draws and should not count on easy matches.

(Match ups are subject to change since the BCSA web-published draw only has two teams from the Island listsed, with UBC and Surrey still not having opponents. Oversight I hope. It would be a disaster if two island teams were dropping out.)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC and Burnaby in Final

Former 5-time champs UBC will take on two-time defending champs Burnaby Canadians next weekend in Victoria. Both teams took unexpected routes to get there.

UBC needed PK's to beat a plucky Nanaimo team ... albeit UBC was reduced to 11 due to injuries for this game ... most expected this game to be a rout. Good on the young Nanaimo side for making a game of it, and count on UBC to turn in a more solid effort in the final.

In what was expected to be a classic battle between two bitter rivals on Sunday, Burnaby Canadians thwarted SU's hope of a double-final for the club in rather convincing fashion ... thumping the Surrey ladies by a score of 6-1.

Surrey started strong with some solid play from Silvana Burtini, but couldn't capitalize thanks to some solid keeping by Michele Gademans and some solid Canadian defending. Burnaby withstood the early SU rush and finally took control of the game, with Amber Allen scoring two quick goals ... one on a rebound, the other on a breakaway. Sofia Hidalgo made it 3-0 just before half. Burnaby continued the attack in the second with Allen scoring twice more. Surrey's new signing Martina Holan ruined Gademan's clean-sheet with fifteen to go, but Nadia Salvino rounded out the scoring in the closing minutes.

Surprising results in both games, but it makes for a very compelling final ... UBC a team featuring eight Whitecaps, and the Canadians who have five Caps of their own. UBC will look to get back to nationals for the first time since 1999, while Burnaby will looking for the three-peat.

Should be a great match ... too bad we have to go to Victoria to play it.:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Danny and the Burnaby Girls

That is a good Surrey Team that you beat, when did Burtini move over from UBC, what happened there?

It should be a great Final, too bad it is in Victoria, all four teams, men and women are Vancouver based, but have to travel.
But the BCSA is playing the O-35 Masters Final at Town Center.

To bad they couldn't move the other 2 Finals there too.

FB, what is going on with this Burnaby team next year, I have heard all kinds of rumours?

HOS

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBy was dominant

Caught most of the game and BBy was very dominant on the day...The Surrey defence had a handful with Amber Allen up front,she was a force,scoring four goals...very impressed with BBys play

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU vs BBY

Jimmy was dead on... I think Surrey missed Randee "Hump it" Hermus at the back???;)

Unrucky Nutmegs et all... You deserved better

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats UBC

Congratulations to UBC who beat us 2-1 today.

Felt we had the run of the play for much of the first half but couldn't score. UBC capitalized on one of their few first half chances (Amy Apps). Then Amber Allen tied it up before half time. UBC came out hard in the second and got us on our heels a bit. They scored the winner when keeper Gademans lost her footing and didn't quite her hands on a shot (sorry, don't know who scored it). Burnaby's best chance to draw even was in the final couple of minutes, when Amber Allen and Phebe Trotman found themselves behind the UBC backline in the area ... only to have the assistant throw his flag up. Bad call, and way late. But c'est la vie:rolleyes:

In the end, a good game. Too bad hardly anybody actually saw it. Stadium was empty for most of the women's game. Not bad crowd for the mens game though.

Player of the game... Amy Apps. She's a fcuking missile out there. Scored a goal and got stuck in all day long. Burnaby player of the game ... Gill Hicks. She was getting stuck in too all game. Top-rate defender she is. Doesn't get enough credit on the Whitecaps. Sophie Spillborghs also played well for UBC, particularly when defending the lead in the final 10-15 minutes. Ros Hicks and Amber Allen also played well again up front, but didn't get the type of opportunities they did last week - well defended by UBC backline and GK Sian Bagshawe.

And so ends the MWSL chapter of my career. A BC Gold and a BC Silver. One National Championship, and an "asterisked" seventh spot. And also three trips to Provincial B Cup - one bronze to show for that. Most importantly, the opportunity to work with great players, who are even better people, like the Hicks (all of them), Michele, Phebe, Nadia, Aimee Dunn, and the rest of the Canadians premier side, my girls on the Pansies (aka Premier B side), the division one team, and so on. And of course, working with guys like Petch and HOS. It's been a blast!

FBisout ... byebye :D

GO XTREME! First game this Sat. at Town Centre 7:00pm!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Congrats UBC

Originally posted by Fat Bastard

GO XTREME! First game this Sat. at Town Centre 7:00pm!

Hey no advertising:p

Congrats to my old team!:wa: Best of luck in October;)

+SC

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two Good Teams

Originally posted by Fat Bastard

And of course, working with guys like Petch and HOS.

It is nice to see that the Team that I built has had so much success since I left:rolleyes: .
Both teams are so close, that any of these two teams could win on a given day.

It is nice to see Sian Bagshawe win the Cup as a Starter, she is a quality keeper, when she was the back-up for BBY., but she was behind one of the best keepers in the Country in Michele.

Good luck FB with the Extreme, keep us posted on the results.

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts