Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Province Cup (men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cup starts in about 5-6 weeks time (April 12) so probably a good time to start this thread up.

The Province Cup draw is slated for March 18

Who are all the teams already qualified?

VMSL [8 berths]
Westside Rino (premier)
Sporting Club (premier)
Pegasus FC (premier)
Burnaby Canadians (premier)
Surrey United (premier)
Khalsa 96ers (premier)
ICSF Inter (premier)
Firefighters (division 1)

FVSL [4 berths]
PAU (premier)
GEU (premier)
?
?

VISL [4 berths]
Nanaimo (division 1)
Vantreights (division 1)
?
?

I'm not entirely sure about the VISL teams but the 2 teams I've listed there finished 1-2 in their league... I *think* the other 2 berths for the VISL come from the Jackson Cup... I'll try and confirm this (I couldn't find the info ANYWHERE on their league wesite :rolleyes: )

Cheers,

~Regs.

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats correct Regs. The Two other berths are the Jackson Cup Finalists. If Vantreights make it to the finals Gorge will be in also.If Treights and Gorge both make it to the final then GordonHead or Powell River will be the fourth. Fourth is still yet to be determined. Oak Bay might make to the finals as they have three WhiteCaps and 5 uvic players joining them at the end of the month....they went heavy on the recruiting at xmas to avoid relagation and haven't lost since.Bays vs Treights semis should be a good one.

Helmuut

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by helmuut
Powell River

Oak Bay might make to the finals as they have three WhiteCaps and 5 uvic players joining them at the end of the month....they went heavy on the recruiting at xmas to avoid relagation and haven't lost since.

Powell River - Tough place to go to for a Provincial Cup game, but the atmospere is amazing. They get great support from the locals.

Oak Bay and the 3 WhiteCaps, are they the Cavaro Cousins and who is the third? Won't they be back with the Caps by Cup time?

Keep us Updated helmet!

As for the FVSL berths that come from the Pac Cup, if the Semi's for Pac are not played this Weekend and the draw for B.C.'s is Tuesday the 18th, does B.C. Soccer just draw FVSL 3rd spot with no team determined yet and so on.

Just wondering.

HOS

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps have given written notice to the league that all signed players will NOT be able to fulfill their club obligation after April 6. Since the first round starts on April 12/13, that rules out all Whitecaps for the Provincial Cup........shame really.

At first glance this hurts Westside who loses in my opinion the league MVP in Oliver and Firemen for obvious reasons.

Sandman

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting

Will Sporting fall under this Notice, or will Fonseca be able to keep some of his players until the League starts in early May.

Interesting

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Will the Caps do some heavy recruiting now and chose some players from teams in the BCs other than Sporting? Then they could cut them in mid-May :D

I agree with the Ollie/MVP shout but I think they have enough vets to pick up any perceived slack...

~Regs.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...chose....

regs, you're reading too many of HOS' posts.;)

there is no doubt Ollie will be sorely missed. however, it's the exact same scenario as last year so it does not come as a suprise. we somehow managed to get by the first 14 games of the season this year and to provincial finals last year without him. i think we'll be fine.
fireman will be hit very hard.
i have no doubt that ollie is the best player in vmsl. i do however think mvp for someone who has only played four league games and four imperial cup games is dodgy. i guess it could also be said that someone who makes that much impact over a short period of time deserves the credit.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How Many Player of the Weeks does He have

IF MVP was decided by that then Marcello of Mighty Khalsa would be leading the way with 3 Large Pizza Pies, but not on Monday.

No one else has more than 2 Pizza's.

HOS

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding Sporting

In my opinion, Sporting does not have much to worry about when the Whitecap players get called away from their club teams. The only Whitecap player we have is our goalie, Alex. Brian Brum is more than a capable goalie and will do just fine. I say we will only be losing Alex because i believe Tony will still be able to play with us because i don't think he will be signing with the Caps. Furthermore, it looks like we are going to be picking up a very talented player from Penticton if all goes well ;) . Zico Pescada might be looking to make the trip down to help us out now that we are suffering from injuries and suspensions.

Cheers,
JR

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Regarding Sporting

Originally posted by gomesy_jr
i believe Tony will still be able to play with us because i don't think he will be signing with the Caps.

He makes to much money playing and coaching Sporting to give it up, I would do the same.

Great move in bring down Zico from the Interior, those guys only play PCSL, so they are all eligable, I am surprised more guys from the Interior don't try to catch on with teams that are hurting for guys, like the Richmond Cougars.

HOS

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone attending the meeting tomorrow or do we have to wait that extra day and a half until the league puts it up on the website to see what great match-ups will arise.

Cheers
JB

JBwaiting

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know the full draw but I have heard this:

Game 1: Pegasus vs Slurrey United
Game 2: Capitals vs Westside

That's a lot of solid teams that are going to elimate each other to get to the semi's :eek:

I've heard that Inter, Khalsa, Sporting, and Firemen are on the bottom half of the draw...

Hopefully someone will pass along the real deal soon.

Cheers,

~Regs.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those are some good early battles, curious to see if anyone will have a easier root, such as playing the valley teams:rolleyes:.

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just talked to MF who was there, your "source" miss-heard. Peg play the #1 Island team and Surrey play the #2 Island team. He said if all went well we could meet in the semi.

Surrey vs. Island #2
Peg vs. Island #1
PAU vs. GEU (fcking joke :mad: )
Caps vs. Westside
Inter vs. Mighty :rolleyes: Khalsa
Sporting vs. Island #3 (I think)
Firemen vs. Valley (I think)

It was a long walk up the stairs and I snapped after I heard the PAU vs. GEU draw, but that's what I remember.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

How many of those are you sure of. Did anyone even go to the meeting or are all these by word of mouth.

Cheers
JB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me :mad:

Someone must have the official draw somewhere... KNVB, there are only 7 games listed there (island #4 and another Valley team).

You say we would meet in the semi's but it looks from your post it would be the quarters?

~Regs.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Either someone who attended the meeting is out on the piss because of who they drew or everyone was at home watch american idol. :rolleyes:

I figured with all the people on here someone must know that single sole who attended that meeting sitting in the back cursing.

Cheers
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts