Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Nation's Cup/Ethnic Tournament

Who's gonna win the Nation's Cup

• ZzzGermans three-peat ?

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • India

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • England

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Scotland

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Ireland

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's getting close to that time of year again... Ireland has already had 4 training sessions with plans on a few friendly matches in the next couple of weeks... From the word around camp Captain has arranged and secured fixtures with the Whitecaps, Nat'l U-20 team and Glasgow Giants Celtic (they're sharing our training ground prior to their clash with Man. Utd in Seattle)...

In doing so, Ireland is trying to become only the second nation (behind India) to actually train and set curfew for it's players a couple of months before the tourney!!! No water to be consumed after June 15th and a strict diet of shepards pie, bangers and mash, pastie suppers and Kelly O'Bryans Champ... Dosed in loads of salt is a requirement as well as washing it all down with a few pints of Guinness...;)

Any other countries started preparations yet???:rolleyes:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Guinness! You lack political correctness. I dare say you should include all participants in your sub-standard poll.

Until you do, I will not participate. Hmmph!:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness' report is bunk. The Captain will not be coaching or playing in the Open portion of the tournament this year. At this time, we have no one confirmed.

Captain

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's Portugal????

With Sporting doing so well in the Prem this year, i think Portugal deserves to be included in that pole. We only lost 2-1 to Germany in the first round last year.

Cheers, :D
Gomesy

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Ladies

The Greeks, Pork Chops and especially those demoted Croats have nae chance of making it to the semi's nevermind winning it...

Here's why:
1. Other than Ballbay, the Greeks have no game breakers!!! :p
2. Pork Chops minus JB (Irish Hero) and the Dormers = Pish!!!:D
3. Croatia have been the shits since CDK hung'em up for his pacho consumption!!!:rolleyes:

Captainsayitain'tso!!!:(

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Guiness

Didn't JB play with you guys last year? What was your record? I believe 1-1-1 wasn't it? We were 2-1, and our only loss was to Germany, the eventually winners, by a 2-1 score. We might lose JB and the Dormers, but we also pick up guys too. Zico from Penticton, Lloyd from Poco, and Steve F. from Westside just to name a few.

Cheers,
Gomesy

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the Fcuk did I get in the brunt of the conversation. Enough of that piss.

I agree Portugal should be a good threat even without me:D they did really well last year and should contend well again this year. Their Keeper must get in shape by the time the tourney starts:p .

As for Ireland we should have a better outing this year with the addition of all the young guys from club I mainly it should be good.
We should do a lot better as well assuming our players don't get injured the weekend before the tourney like last year, right :knvb:

The Captain will not be coaching or playing in the Open portion of the tournament this year. At this time, we have no one confirmed.

Does this mean the Captain is going to be playing over - 35 in the tourney or is he becoming more and more like a spectator;)

Cheers
JB

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hold your horses....

.... there is a new powerhouse in the tourney! That's right, the Kuwaity team is going all the way this year, and no fcuking mistake. So far we only have myself, but I'm sure once we locate all the Kuwaity footballers around, we're gonna put on a great display of skill the kind of which you've never seen.

By the way, are the games played on sand?

SagehopingforsomeArabianfitba :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

Who are you playing for this year? :confused:

JB,

I will be playing in the Over-30s tournament this year, for China. I thought I would change things up a bit.

Regs will be responsible for the Peg crew. Mosher will be responsible for the Westside crew and Mulgrew will be responsible for the Club I crew. JB will be responsible for poaching a couple of teammates from the Portuguese team. Things are already falling into place.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Game Breakers, Just Shoulder Breakers

Originally posted by Guinness
1. Other than Ballbay, the Greeks have no game breakers!!! :p

They do have Mini-me playing up front, he is the cnut that did me in last year in the first 10 min. of Scotlands second game of the tourney, I still have nightmares of that bastard coming in late on me, and sending me flying for 8 weeks of physio.

I will not get revenge this year as I will be on a HouseBoat on the Shu-Swap for a Stag.
Good luck to Scotland this year, I hope that the keeper does not get injured for a 3rd year in a row, first Bruer, then HOS, who is next on the list.
HOS still bitter about the loss to Engerlund in 99, but what a cracker semi vs. Fiji that year.

HOS

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

As one of the only true Irish lads out there, I think I'll play for Kuwait this year!!! :rolleyes: The sun and sand is exactly what my game has been built on!!!;)

Guinnessgettinghispaperssortedearly:D

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Third weekend of July

Aves,

I believe that the tourney is always the third week of july. I am sure that others will confirm this.

Cheers
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts