Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Men's Masters Deryl Hughes Cup (O-35's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.
I guess that's unlucky for Ballbaby on both fronts.
What's he going to do at work all day long now? ;) :rolleyes:

Seriously though well done to the SU guys for almost making it three years in a row - Quite the accomplishment.

Congrats to Columbus.

On the plus side Balls, it may feel like someone else with the other hand now.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the plus side Balls, it may feel like someone else with the other hand now.

I'm assuming what that means is perhaps he is not missing a beat...

Ahh yes! Thank goodness for my TTP mates to help me realize that there is always a brighter side to things. :rolleyes:

I must admit that I have been trying to avoid speedbumps the last couple of days but am ready for the challenge now. :D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soooo...

Ballbaby, what happened? Columbus can be tough when they have their full squad but I would never have predicted this score knowing both your teams. Red cards? Collective brain fart?

Tough luck on the wrist Spiro, bones do get brittle as you age. I hope you were able to eventually dull the pain--of losing the game--properly: some 12 year old, peaty with that medicinal taste.

Take your time tapping out a response.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Seeing as I was only there for twenty five minutes of the game before I left for the Emergency ward, I can only tell you what I was told of the game.

We were a man down after Murray took a red card against Carlo Alberti after 20 minutes. It was a deserved card. Nevertheless, I don't believe we thought that we were going to lose the game, man down or not.

They scored a goal just before the red card and it was a nice goal. A blooper over our goalies head that stunned everyone. The Columbus player's back was to the goal. He was covered properly, but he turned and swiped the ball from about twenty five yards out and in it went. Then the card. Then the broken wrist for me as I won the ball along our goal line on the chase but the Columbus player (same player who scored, Kevin Colbow), pushed me to the ground as I was controlling the moving ball. I was off-balance and used my left hand to brace my fall. Unfortunately, my momentum carried me over my hand and I heard the snap(s).

The score stayed 1-0 until 20 minutes into the second half. Apparently we carried the play. So, I think the next goal Columbus scored came after a free-kick from us hit their goal post, bounced out to a Columbus player, and a counter attack ensued resulting in a goal. The third a result of another counter after we were pressing, and the fourth, a penalty shot. A highlight of the fourth goal, a penalty shot, was the celebratory actions of the 6'5" dolt who ran in front of our bench pretending to hammer a nail in the coffin. Pretty classless but then again, he's not the greatest player so that peno must have been quite the highlight.

Pretty much it in a nutshell, at least from me. I would love to re-play the game minus a couple of incidents. If I may, I believe that we are the better team regardless of how lop-sided the score makes it seem. The score did not justify the course of the game.

That's enough one-finger typing. :( :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts