Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003/2004 RRSL Winter Results & Banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better late than never.

Official site link.

http://www.richmondseniorsoccer.com/

Only a few snippets of info to pass along.
Lansdown Pontiac Vs Players, I saw one goal for pontiac but did not stay for long, ref looked shocking. Shamrock vs Inter, Looked like a strong shamrock squad against a depleted inter, should have been no contest. All blacks defeated by sportstown, and the mighty Ravens defeat the Beaver.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plumbers Unite ........

Steve1234,

Congratulations to the 'mighty' :rolleyes: Ravens with their first win :rolleyes: in 9 games. How exactly did this happen ?? :D

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the ref

We did not have you as the ref. This ref did not have a clue.
So it was easy to manipulate him. And it did not cost us any beer.

There was also an uncanny amount of good passes to feet, none from yours truly, which sometimes helps.

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
give them credit Walks

their win total stands at 2 now - they are just starting to heat up to make their mid-pack charge...

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember my second win .......

Waldron,

You certainly would love to know how they got their second 'win'

I'm sure steve1234 would love to elaborate ....... :D

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2nd win

Our second win was on the field, wait for it, our third win came courtesy of a protest. We played the Iranian national team from the Ladner League, and shortly after losing, lodged a player elegibility complaint with the exec, and won.

Captain would have recognized the same guys from the summer, difference is they registered in the league, they are just having some problems interpreting the red card rules.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Latest news

Shamrock still the team on top and starting to pull away. All blacks won the league cup with a 1-0 display against Lansdowne.

We continue to sh!t the bed. Losing 4-0 to Shamrock, then losing in the last minute of injury to Players, big thanks to the ref for that one. Incidentaly in the last game I got dropped kicked in the back in the last few seconds of the game, yes the back. The player was immediately carded. The incident does not appear to have been reported, what do the refs on here think of that?

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was the ref??

Unlucky Steve... some refs just don't report all their cards - was it a red or a yellow? Is it possible the website wasn't updated yet?

What happened with your third win?? The standings still show you with 2.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carried away

I think I was guilty of counting eggs before the hatch. Things are changing though, I predict good things for us in the new year.

I

iandmcintyre

It's interesting that the Ravens have such a low win record. Last season, their keeper, Brett, played for Div 2's "Rangers" team (my team). Our record was nearly the same with Brett playing keeper for us. I have heard rumours from some of my Premier friends that he's not exactly a Premier keeper. Perhaps, he should have stayed in Div 2?

I hope that the Ravens do make it out of 8th place, as it's not nice to put down a team over 1 player.

I doubt that my team (Rangers) will make it out of Div 2 this year, as we're currently in 9th place. This is only my 2nd season with the Rangers. Hopefully, next year will be different.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed this.

Your team probable has the same problem as mine,, they are sh!te. And pointing fingers at one player sure as hell wont fix it. The job of the keeper is to stop the few shots that the defense allow to get through. In our case we are still trying to get to grips with the notion of only allowong a few shots. Brett is a good keeper, he just happens to be playing with a pisspoor team.

I

iandmcintyre

You're right that you can't blame one player for a team's success or failure.

The biggest problem that a lot of teams are facing is too many players and not enough commitment. You get a team of 20 out the sunny days at the beginning of the season. Then, you're lucking if you get 14 players out during the rest of the season.

And then, there's the in-fighting, politics among some of the players, and lack of commitment for practises. And calling the team "sh!te" and a "pisspoor team" demoralizes the players... No one likes to lose, but it's a fact of the game/life - people need to get used to it.

I am still committed to helping the Div 2 Rangers become a winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts