Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 Preseason Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg vs Bronco's Clan Alumni Tuesday Aug 19th out at Newton.

We've also got matches scheduled for Cap College and SFU and will be in the Trollups Labour Day Weekend tourney.

Let the results roll in!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter @ Peace &Goodwill Games

Held at UBC this week, Inter will be representing Italy.
Dont know many details, other than the first game is for this morning at around 9:30am, and the second is at 2:30.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Inter @ Peace &Goodwill Games

Originally posted by Zaurrini
Inter will be representing Italy.
Dont know many details, other than the first game is for this morning at around 9:30am, and the second is at 2:30.

More like Inter will be representing Team Unemployed, who is making a 9:30 kick off this morning??:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Inter @ Peace &Goodwill Games

Originally posted by Bronco
More like Inter will be representing Team Unemployed, who is making a 9:30 kick off this morning??:rolleyes:
....because u posting twenty times a day represents full-time employment:rolleyes:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post made by:

Zaurrini - 1087

Bronco - 590.

I'd ask you to do the math, but that would take way too long!!

;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy Math

while Croatia was losing every game X Inter playing well and contending = you went in hiding;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Inter @ Peace &Goodwill Games

Originally posted by Zaurrini
Held at UBC this week, Inter will be representing Italy.
Inter 3 - 1 Canada I

Didn't see it, but then again, I didn't see Zaurrini around either. Your boys said you weren't even there. This true?

Other scores:

Group A
Canada I 3 - 3 Korea
Hawaii 2 - 1 Korea
Italy 3 - 1 Canada I

Group B
Japan 2 - 0 China
Japan 3 - 1 Canada II
Canada II 5 - 0 U.S.A.

So far, Japan and Italy (Inter) seem the strongest contenders. The Japanese are incredible competitors: they run their asses off for everything, their arms and legs are all over you whenever you've got the ball, and they are monsters in the air (at least 3 of our guys have got huge welts after going up with them). And don't forget the J-League player they brought with them (#10).

The games are being put on at UBC by the "Global Association for Culture and Peace" (GACP). I don't know much about the whole thing, but what I do know is that there is a soccer, volleyball, and basketball tournament between the countries stated above.

There are lots and lots of Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese visitors and supporters around -- and all the girls keeping stopping you to take pictures and talk to you (i.e. Canadians). Monk and Strike23 can testify to this.

Good times.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter

Originally posted by Keeper
Inter 3 - 1 Canada I

Didn't see it, but then again, I didn't see Zaurrini around either. Your boys said you weren't even there. This true?

Wont see me there for a while still.... :(

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
Trollups Labour Day Weekend tourney.

What about the Burnaby Canadians Tourney, who is in that this year, it usually has the toughest competition for the Labour Day Long Weekend, but who knows for this year.

Peg must be in the Trollups tourney, inorder to keep Reedy out of the BBY. Pint Garden, now that the big man is making his comeback.

Any other tourneys other than Burnaby and WestVan, I think the MetroFord Tourney is long gone.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GACP Tournament

Italy (aka Inter) 2
Canada II (aka bunch of Div 2 hacks) 1

Inter only beats a bunch of randomly thrown together chumps 2-1, and we aren't even in our mid-season stride yet. :p

It turned out to be the best game of the tournament so far -- which isn't really saying a lot, I suppose. The chumps struck first only to give Inter a free strike from 16 not long after. 1-1 at the half.

The second half saw many more chances for Inter than in the first, but they managed to win it with just one crafty goal by a sawed-off Italian working hard along the end line (and was offside by others' accounts) keeping the ball in, forcing me to attack him from the post and tucking it neatly in the short side. 2-1 final.

Tomorrow sees Canada I v. Canada II at 10:20 at Thunderbird for the consolation final/bragging rights. Then, I believe at 1-ish, Italy (Inter) will go up against Japan (complete with their J-League player). Prediction: 2-1 Inter in a physical match well worth watching.

Closing ceremonies following.

FYI: admission free.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final:

Italy (Inter) 6 - 0 Japan

A shocking display of self-destruction if I've ever seen one. Had Japan played like that Tuesday morning, we'd have been in the final instead. Rubbish, I say.

Inter was uninspiring but competent enough to win. Enjoy it for now, 'cause it'll be the last piece of hardware this season.

Consolation Final:

Canada I 2 - 4 Canada II

Chicks dig 3rd place finishers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicks dig 3rd place finishers.
<- I've been saying that for months now :D

3rd place in our side last year and 3rd in the provincials [obviously we would have killed PAU if there was a bronze medal game :D]

Cheers,

~Regs.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played in that tournament and the competition was a joke. Inter was stacked compared to every other team. The tourney had money in it with free food for the players but the only team that was any bit quality was inter. I played/watch, and it was very rec. soccer. With me playing especially.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion,

True, when a bunch of div 2'ers can beat a Hawaiian team 7-0, you know the talent isn't stellar. That said, it was all good fun. Who'd you play for?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played for Canada just on the Wednesday though.
The red and white Canada team. It was fun though, got some good sun that day. I take it you played for Inter?!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you phoning the guy at 4:17 in the morning. I would be very afraid of the masked man.

On to topic, Cliff Ave United will be playing Metro Ford Rangers errr Wolves this Friday Night on the port moody turf. The new look C.A. United could have the Mobilio brothers in the line-up, word is both Jimmy and Dom will be in the Orange and Black this coming year.

Also, Mighty Khalsa will be taking on Victoria United today at 3 pm in the Challenge Cup Final at Queens Park, should be a great game, these two teams ended up 1-2 in league play this year.

Not sure who plays for Vic. U. but I think many Gorge players are involved with the team.

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice try, HOS, but I would never phone anyone that late. The best thing was he phoned recently and then hung up when I answered. Good high school behaviour. :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is 2003/2004 Preseason Matches, not Who wants to play phone tag - tee hee :mad:

Please stay on topic.

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts