Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion

I'll begin:

Sept 6/7/8

Div 2A:
B" United v. City FC Blaze "A"
LM Firefighters v. City FC Cobras - don't know either team
PwC Rangers v. United Nationals
West Van Royals v. Norvan Primos
Maplewood United v. Point Grey Strikers "A" - Tie: Strikers are left in shambles after losing a bunch of players during past week or two

Div 2B:
Bombastic SC "A" v. Norvan Falcons
Alemania SC v. Westside Knights
Point Grey Rangers v. NK Hrvat
Shaheen SC v. Nomads FC - wouldn't watch if I was paid
Persian United v. City FC Rangers "A" - don't know Persia.

Div 2C:
Ravens FC v. Richmond FC
Western Union Sarajevo v. Westside C-men - I'll take Angryman's word for now
Champlain Heights v. Signmaster SC - Draw
Elephant Walk v. Point Grey Strikers "B" - Elephant Walk=Cake Walk
Norvan JB's "A' v. WFC Rangers "A" - will be close and low scoring

Have at it.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm diggin' your pick of NK over Point Grey. ;)

As for Ravens vs. Cougs, I think it will be an interesting tilt. I know the Cougs are a decent team after beating us 1-0 in the playoffs last year (goalie slipped on a weak shot....anyways...)
Rumour has it that Ravens (Optima?) picked up a couple of strong players (read between the lines here) looking to avenge that 1-0 loss. Unfortunately for both teams, they have to start the season with a tough draw.

Look for the upset in the B United vs. Blaze game. When I say upset, I'm referring to the B United goalie losing it on his teammates after the Blaze pop 5 in.:D

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you called 2C bang on Keeper,although like I said on the dead thread I don’t actually know Western Union Sarajevo so I’ll rephrase what I asked before, does anyone REMEMBER(it was many beers ago) where they finished in their group last season? Of course I think we’ll make a game of it! I’d go with most of your other picks as well, not knowing much about some of those teams either but the last time we had Alemania in our group they looked like they could take the Knights. Don’t know NK but PG Rangers are a good team (played there a 1000 years ago, I think Pat O’toole the grey haired fossil is still there, all in fun fellow oldtimer) ;)so I’ll take them over NK.GOO!!

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know much about PG Rangers except they lost 1-0 to WU Bulgaria in the playoffs, and then NK spanked Bulgaria 5-2 the following week. So, I wouldn't bet money on your pick, angryman. ;)

But then again, who knows with all the off season changes. NK itself has had a bit of a make-over.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll reserve any predictions for a couple of weeks as I have no idea as to the calibre right now. I'll be following A and C closely as I know most teams there ... B I don't know many teams.

EWalk sure scored by snagging Adanac East as their home field - at least some games in 2C will be played on a decent pitch.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mcbride is not a bad pitch for most of the year. I see Kensington is undergoing a full makeover-I would assume it’s toast until next year but like you said Adanac is a great score! I was wondering where the Elephants would be watering.;) Yomama,is WU Bulgaria the same as WU Sarajevo(excuse my ignorance) Like I said, I don’t know much about NK or WU and I never gamble, except when the short,fat,slow and useless Austrian?(apologies to Austrians everywhere!) ref is walking around center calling offsides :D Seems that there will be a few pastures to play on this year!

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're different :

Bulgarians = Bulgaria

Sarajevo = capital of Bosnia & Hercegovina (therefore, you may have Bosnian Croats, Bosnian Muslims or Bosnian Serbs playing there, or a combination of the three (unlikely .;) )

The WU stands for Western Union which is some sort of money exchange or lending place, I don't know, but they seem to sponsor a lot of ethnic teams.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama,so who the hell are WU Bulgaria? Did they get promoted, cause they aint in 2nd div. You said they got beat by NK in the playoffs, but NK is still in 2nd. I am confused now(not unusual).HELPME...helpme...h.e.l.p.m.e.aarg:confused:

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dubrovnik

Hello to everyone, Its the Watcher from just outside the old city walls in majestic Dubrovnik on the Dalmation coast. I cant believe that we have to play the three top teams in the first four weeks. The fix is in. It wont work however because the NK religious contingent has discovered that the grass is not always greener on the other side and the NK back line is now at full strength with the return of the warlock and hags. I gotta go mingle with the tourists. The chicks here are fukcing mind boggling. God bless

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they were in Div. 2 CAT last year. NK is in Div. 2 because we didn't win the divisin with most points (Bosna did in our group). The playoffs don't mean shite for promotion, only bragging rights. Hope that clears it up a bit.

I have no idea where WU Bulgaria is. I only mentioned that we spanked them last year after they barely beat a team that we're gonna play on Sept. 7. I'm I confusing you again?

Watcher, aren't the ladies there spectacular? Just sit at a cafe, order a bjeli cava, and watch the ljepi sure walk by.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Yomama. I think I got it. Someone on my team mentioned a leg breaking incident last year courtesy of a Sarajevo player who then displayed a less than sporting attitude afterward. Hopefully just rumour and embellishment as often happens. Anyhoo, I am expecting a hard match, not that there is anything wrong with that. Hopefully we will get a decent ref (an oxymoron??) who will maintain control of the game.:(

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sarajevo

can be a good team but have very strong self destruct tendencies. also, if you're playing them watch out for flying punches, dives, moans and all things that give soccer such a bad name. they are the WORST bunch of assholes ever, including their sideline. if you get a ref who doesn't see through it (very likely in div 2) you are in for a looooooooooooooooong day.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
western union teams

as we (NK) have played a couple of the WU teams, a noticable trademark, and this is consistent with what the majority are saying, is that of the diving, whining and all that bandcamp mentioned above. the best way to win in these situations is to maintain cool and win the ref's favor. if a team demonstrated an ounce of calss against teams such as these, the ref will quickly side with you and the game will go in your favor.

on another note...the final transfers did not go through and manager, along with two others, will remain part of the NK train for another succesful season. papers are signed and it looks like the manager will be with the likes of yomama,watcher:rolleyes: , mcdirty and others...

in 2B and winners most certainly:D

manager

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the heads up lads! Class football seems like a good gameplan(as it usually is)

CHEERS!:)

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager, I was looking forward to exacting some revenge for the meg but I guess we'll have to wait for cup or set up an exhibition (hopefully a real one this time) for me to show you up :D

As far as predictions go....

2A
Blaze over "B"
FF over Cobras (know nothing about either)
Rangers over UN (everyone will be over UN)
Primos over WV
PG Strikers over Maplewood

2B
Falcons over Bombastic
Knights over Alemania
PG Rangers tie NKH
Shaheen over Nomads
Persia tie City Rangers (know nothing about either)

2C (where it really matters!!!!)
Ravens tie Richmond
Sarajevo tie C-Men
CH tie Signmaster
EW kills Strikers "B"
JB's over WFC Rangers (headlines read "keeper close but no cigar as Mickster leads all scorers... nice ring to it, don' t you think Keeper?!? ;) )

3 ties in 2C, my sportsaction ticket would be worth a bundle!!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's over WFC Rangers (headlines read "keeper close but no cigar as Mickster leads all scorers... nice ring to it, don' t you think Keeper?!? )
hhhhmmmmmm . . . .

Did you manage to get a new keeper this season?

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've decided to play "rush" keeper this year. Goals against may be high but hopefully Bonefish, Legs, Therapist, Spud and others will be able to fill the net to offset any tallies against us. I hear a couple of our young prospects have joined the Westside camp as they are trying out for UBC and were told you guys are acting as the training ground for varsity wannabees. Be nice to them, couple of good guys!! See you Monday

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I suppose with Mosher's dual-connections with UBC and Westside, we (read: Rino) provide good opportunities to those players who wish to make varsity.

So tell me -- there was some confusion a yesterdays session -- is "Confederation Turf" the old style or new style (long blades of grass)? Is it just like William Griffith and Burnaby Lake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts