Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 VMSL All-Star Team

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(As Chosen By VMSL Premier Coaches)

Goalkeepers: Mike Wicken (Rino’s Westside), Steve London (Pegasus)

Defenders: Martin Best (Rino’s Westside), Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians), James Prescott (Rino’s Westside), Darren Nott (Burnaby Canadians), Graeme Macgowan (Surrey United), Elliott Smith (Metro-Ford Wolves), Keith Izatt (Metro-Ford Wolves)

Midfielders: Joe Deacon (Surrey United), Mike Dodd (Pegasus), Johnny Sulentic (Croatia), Alfredo Valente (ICSF Inter), Oliver Heald (Rino’s Westside), Darko Jelic (Croatia)

Forwards: Laurent Scaligine (Pegasus), Karm Lidder (Indo FC), Jason Jordan (SportsTown FC), Craig Chiasson (Rino’s Westside)

Coaches: Keith Heald (Rino’s Westside), Alan Goad (Surrey United), Dave Fiorvento (Pegasus)
I can't believe they didn't pick me. :confused:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess Johnny Sulentic will win the VMSL MVP?

Anyone with an once of soccer knowledge knows he was easily the most talanted player in the league. If not? Darko Jelic's heart, talent and playing both ends of the field should get him MVP honours.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got a once of soccer knowledge. But an ounce, I don't have. As a result I'll pick Ollie Heald... just 'cause. On the other hand Chaisson was the golden boot winner... so maybe it'll be him. Then again, maybe it'll be Johnny Croat. But what do I know?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by CDK
What the hell were they thinking with that back line??

The rest of the team seems alright but I'm sure their could be more than a few arguments.....
I agree with CD. The MF guys are a horrid choice and I've rounded Notty more times than I've been to a drive thru. :D Surrey had the best goals against in the league. We should have had more representation on the back line.

Will any of the current CAP's/ All stars be able to play in the "all star" games? Is Sulentic even back yet?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNV Henry and Drive thru

Originally posted by knvb
I've rounded Notty more times than I've been to a drive thru.

I think you should have said, that Notty has had you in his back pocket more times than you have been to a drive thru.

Cheers to Notty and Millar on the selections, both had very solid years for the Canadians.

Wicks in goal had a cracker year, that selection is over due, he has been one of the best keepers in this league for over 10 years.

HOS

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best defenders in the League???

Let's see where the votes were coming from!!! Azzi might have something to do with it??? No, wait a minute he only had influence on two picks!!! :rolleyes:
In my humble opinion, Pete Hjorth is thee most underated player in BC... He got MVP honors in the League playoff final, but before that I have never heard of him recieving anything... He is definately Surrey United's unsung hero!!! The guy can still smoke at half time and run for 90 minutes as the quickest lad on the park... I'd put him in a foot race with any forward in BC...
Anyone know how many games Izatt even played this year??? I know Elliot is underated so he probably was Metro Ford Focus' pillar of strength back there...
As for the rest I can't really argue other than Valente was garbage anytime I've seen him and Chiasson's head is almost as big as his arse!!!:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos not only do you look like Gino your about as bright as he is. As Maradona once said "Goalies are all useless" and HOS you are no exception.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was that before or after Cutting up the Charlie

Maradona has said alot of stupid things that no one listens to, and by the way, so have you. So what exactly is your point.

You must be bitter because the VMSL could'nt find you to put on the list, you are stuck in Notty's back pocket, that was a classic.

"Forward are all Cnuts" HOS

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is all fine and dandy to pick an All Star team but who are the players that are going to be added to the roster to fill in for the Whitecap players..........

Do players like Ollie and JJ need the recognition? Why not name players that will play instead of having guys added on as after thoughts?

I am interested to see how well the VMSL does vs FVSL and the Whitecaps for sure!

John

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALL STARS

GOOD CHOICE

THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS HOT BEEN PICKED IS KEVIN HEARNE?

HE STILL IS PLAYING FOR SAPP.!!

SHOULD BE ON THE LIST FOR SURE!!

HE IS THE V.M.S.L

CHEERS & CONGRATS TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN

COACHES & PLAYERS

SO IT WILL BE THE METRO AGAINST THE fraser valley PLUMPers:D
that team is fcuking shite,div 2 metro for fcuk sake!!!!:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
when is the game?

Do we know when it will be played?

The league starts in early September....and the game is supposed to played prior to the start of the season, no?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fil (A.K.A. Super Pip)

Why is it that wops always answer the question they are asking??? (and it's always a negative answer)!!!:rolleyes:

Musthavesomethingtodowiththepasta!!!:eek:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness(aka I am Sam)

Why can you not just tell me if anymore has been mentioned regarding the matter.
Has a DATE been set?

Capice? No...?

:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think this game is going to happen. I don't know about the VMSL team, but the FVSL team hasn't trained. Hell- a bunch of them don't even know they've been selected. Have the VMSL boys had any practices together?

It is alegedly going to be played at NAP, on the new turf- which is right now a big bed of gravel.

It seems to me that this thing has been very, very poorly organised. Shame- they could probably make it a pretty fun event.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts