Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Humble Div 1er Requesting Permission to Speak

Not that the location of the games really affects me, but having semis or finals played in Powell River would be a crazy experience. I played for Villa in that game against Croatia in 96(95?) and we probably had about 800-1000 fans out to that and every other home cup game that year- and each spectator was being charged 5 bucks admission! Hands down best fans in BC. We had about 500 fans accompanying us when me made the final- eventually losing to Peg in overtime:mad:

That is all

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg/Villa rivalry

Yowen,

That was in '95 but it wasn't in OT... we scored the winner in the last minute of regulation I think.

Were you there when we played in '96? That one we won in OT...

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Powell River

Have to agree...great sports town!

I sort of grew up there- spent all my summers in PR between 1982-1987. Attending the Villa PCSL games were a blast, and a highlight of my summers there. The Villa also ran a great soccer school.

That would be a great venue for a final. They'd do a bang up job hosting!

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I played in both 95 and 96 when we lost to you guys. The town was especially crushed after that finals loss. Resultingly, Pegasus is a dirty word around those parts.

As for hosting the finals, it would probably be the best attended. Also the players would be treated like celebrities for the weekend. Regs, just think, you'd have your pick of the lovely girls on the Sliammon reservation :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mmmmm....Shliammon and Lund Girlsh......aghragrhaghragrhaghragrhaghragrhaghragrhaghragrhaghragrhaghragrh......

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croats??????

Ummmm, no they won't.;)

I figure Westside and Peg will battle it out with dark horses being Victoria Gorge and...

...wait for it...

...this will get the posts going...

Poco City Dominion:rolleyes:

Leave it to the Monkey to say something stupid!

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The usual suspects...

If Peg doesn't lose too many of it's players (whitecaps, etc...) they look like they will be there at the end. Westside are also on a roll having recently beaten two very strong sides in Clan and Croatia.

I disagree about Gorge being a dark horse. They are on top of the VISL and have made the final of their league cup. Not to be forgotten is that they are the defending champs. The semis are in Nanaimo so if Gorge is in them you can expect a huge entourage of fans to accompany them.

Of course a lot of it depends on the draw, so I will withhold my final prediciton until then.

Will Surrey lose any players???

Where is the final being played???

:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the draw

Home teams listed first

Surrey United [vmsl] v Sportstown [vmsl]
Aluoette United [fvsl] v Peace Arch [fvsl]
Croats [vmsl] v Delta United [fvsl]
Westside [vmsl] v Metro Ford [vmsl]

Peg [vmsl] v Burnaby Canadians [vmsl]
Sapperton [vmsl] v SC Rangers [vmsl]
Vantreights [visl] v Gorge [visl] or Nanaimo [visl]
Poco [fvsl] v Argentina [vmsl]

Fcuk I like our side of the draw :D Some awesome potential grudge matches to play...

Westside v MF is a great first rounder.

Notty and Cocco, I wish you the best of luck on Sunday :rolleyes:

~TB.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple of tough matches in the top half. (Surrey United vs. Sportstown - Westside vs. Metro-Ford)

I guess Peace Arch get a bye then:rolleyes:

Good luck folks.

The Monkey

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
interesting first rounders

given that anyone seems to be able to beat anyone, i wouldnt pick a sure-fire winner in any of the VMSL match-ups. it would be easy to say that, for instance, Peg is the favourite against Burnaby, however, who would be totally shocked to see the Canadians win?

Surrey/Sportstown is a pick 'em, same with our game.

should be an exciting first round.

I thought Gorge was already in? do they have a playoff or something to go through?

simon

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simon,

Vantreights were the cup winners. The second island spot belongs to the league champs, which hasn't been determined yet. I think Nanaimo has to win their final game on Thursday to force a playoff against Gorge....or something like that.

Yowenrepresentingtheisland:D

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it would certainly appear that the the top side of the draw has the lion's share of quality teams. That is not to say that all the teams aren't quality, but I think the Province cup goes through any number of sides on the top half this year. Should be some interesting results this weekend!!

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re sanded field.

Ok lads your talking to the head greens keeper at Guildford golf course. Sanding the fields right now is perfectly normal for this time of year, it relieves the compaction from the winter play and weather. It also levels the ground, gets air and fetalizer straight in to the plant. We just punched and sanded the greens at the course last week and they have already recovered and are lush and green and rolling well. So quit your moaning Jonesy.

We just found out we drew Allouete in the first round. The winner of our game suposedly plays the winner of Sports town and Surrey united.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Booooooo... get with the program

We just found out we drew Allouete in the first round. The winner of our game suposedly plays the winner of Sports town and Surrey united.
No shite sherlock, read a couple of recent posts before spouting off.

Typical fcuking valley underling... the only reason there will be any valley teams advancing past the first round is because they are matched up against another squad of farmers :rolleyes:

~TB.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re valley farmers.

Don't be so sure Regs we have a fair few ex surrey United vancouver metro premier league players here.

As far as not getting through the first round. We lost in the final against firemen, in 98 in extra time, as a valley team. We also knocked metro ford out twice, once with ten men for 3/4 of the
game.

As a matter of fact in the seven times I've been in the B.cs we have never lost in the first round. The only time I wasn't past the first round was the three seasons I played with Surrey United Vancouver metro.

Get off you high horse, superstar.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Giddy up

I once did a bicycle kick. It was cool.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for further proving my point that the valley brings little to the table, both on the pitch and off here on TTP.

You're worse than that other fcuking PAU side-kick of yours... what's his name?... Skip or something...

Prediction:

No Farmers make it past the second round.

~MaryKatherineGallagher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0