Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Playoff Pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought this might be an interesting thread, I was in a pool last night drafting 8th out of 10. We've been doing it for 15 years or so and I have to say that last night was one of the hardest I can recall with the parity in the league and low scoring during the year.

We chuck $50 each into the pot and the payoff is 300/150/50 for the top three finishers. We take 11 players and drop one at the end to cover off injuries. Just goals and assists, no keepers or goons.

Due to my draft position, I decided to go with my heart and took a bunch of Canucks (I took Naslund for my second pick, 13th overall) but I think I had a few too many pints as this morning it seems I've got Team Sweden:

1) Sundin
2) Naslund
3) Mogilny
4) Morrison
5) Daze
6) Kapanen
7) O'Neill
8) Gilmour
9) Brind'Amour
10) D. Sedin
11) H. Sedin (I tried to work a 2 fer 1 deal but the others wouldn't go for it)

6 from the West and 5 from the East with some grittiness thrown in. Anybody else partake in a draft pool?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay

We had 14 guys...
I picked 12th.:mad:

1) Tkachuk
2) Weight
3) Yashin
4) Allison
5) Palffy
6) Schnieder
7) Bonk
8) Corson
9) Lemieux :D
10) Kasparatis

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
140 NHL'ers

Fil,

That's a lot of players taken. I know the pickin's were slim my last couple of picks--hence the sisters--and we only took 110.

Were the beers flowing at your pool as well? You've got a couple of guys going against each other the first round, Yashin and Corson are actually covering each other. You must be hoping somebody gets a couple of good hacks at Forsberg's ankles and Kasparitis is gone first round or else you've lost a fair chunk of your point potential.

Oh well, I'm batting 100% so far...

GO CANUCKS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0