Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Penticton Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

Just curious…you keep taking little shots at this guy, in terms of his skill level, whatever it was in grade 11. How does that really matter now? What matters NOW is how effective is the player. Skill is one part of the sum of the player. Here’s all you need to know: when this guy is on the field, playing striker, his team wins. They often win because he is doing the scoring. On the other hand, his team quite often wins because he’s applying constant pressure, and commanding more than his share of respect from opposing defenders. This allows his midfield to join the play, and keep the ball in the opposing team’s end. Players this effective are invaluable.

What is all too typical around Vancouver is that many of the kids who get a chance are the kids who were either lucky enough to be involved in a rep program early on, or who’s parents were involved in soccer circles. This guy was neither- everything he has earned he has earned despite being disrespected by coaches, who he is always proving wrong. Hell, the first time I saw him, I certainly didn’t think he was a player. He isn’t prototypical. His skills are good, but not great. He’s not 6’ 180 lbs, but more like 6’, 230 lbs. He isn’t a gazelle; he’s more like a moose. BUT, he can play, and he is a game breaker. On top of that, he’s on of the best team guys I’ve ever met, and he’s constantly working to improve his game. You’d be hard pressed to find any weaknesses now (except for that bum shoulder!).

Sorry to keep sticking up for this guy (he can do it himself), but you’re basing whatever opinion you have on what you saw something like 6 years ago.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you guys start a whole new thread on this guy?

This is Penticton Tourney.

Keep it that way or I'll set the sandwich artist on ya.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good idea...I wanna hear more stories though! We need those Poco guys to get off their asses and post. The problem with those guys is that they follow a pretty strict "What goes on tour, stays on tour" policy...which isn't so bad.

Then you have the GEU guys, who sound as if they spent the entire weekend in their rooms, comming up with whitty nicknames of former Cannucks for each other. Pretty exciting stuff...:rolleyes:

Hey Train, anything interesting happen with the Storm guys?

:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's all we did.

Yoda is Snepts. Bertrum is Gradin. TheRob is Hlinka. The list goes on.

Good times.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well...

Gradin did have 4 birdies at Ponderosa as well as 12 beer on coarse, then cruised out of the parking lot with Kiss I want to rock all night cranked. Good times and Crown. May I pose a question? Should a footballer drink 12-15 beer in a day then go to the bar and switch to Crown? Is that posible without becoming retarded? I think so eh Gongshow!:D

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were their any women in Penticton that weekend?

Seems like they were mysteriously missing...

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Women were there........

Didn't spend too much time in the beer garden this year cuz the weather sucked for the most part!

But we were all at Nite Moves every night............

:D Spazz

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad Idea

I thought one of the dumbest things they did this year was to put so many guys games at the High School where there is no beer garden.
That's just throwing money down the drain. Not that women don't drink but let's be realistic, the men spend more money in the beer garden than the women.
I know with our team we sat at the High School and had a few beers of our own instead of going to the beer garden.
Not that we didn't go to the beer garden after.
:D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree about the school...

We played a few games there (as well as our guys team) so we brought our own beer! But then we get warnings about drinking beer in a public place.

Can't win!

:mad: Spazz

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
same old song!

I believe GEU have been goin to penticton well over ten years now and it might be time for a change. We are playing the same teams over and over every year. I've heard is it Kelowna or Kamloops has a really strong tournament?Not that our team is sober enough to compeat for the winners circle but a change for the long weekend I'd like to see. Oh ya and they have to have alot of good BEER!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beer

Good being the key word there girth.

The beer was crap at the beer garden.
Don't know what kind it was. The cups they served it in had a Canterbury logo on one side and a Pacific on the other. I am pretty sure that wasn't Canterbury so it must have been Pissific.

It was so bad that I took alot of flak all weekend for drinking the purple prissy coolers all weekend.
:rolleyes:

Yodawhothinksorchardberryrocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0