Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Results and match reports.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The season kicks off this weekend in Seattle. Gomesy bastards please be sure to update us on the results of your weekend in the states. J_B please don't update us on the shower conditions or the "young" state of your summer team. I don't care to know. If some of you do, I would think there is some sort of meeting you could attend. I'll leave that to you to work out. :rolleyes:

4 May Sat Seattle Hibernian Penticton Pinnacles Interbay Stadium 7:00 WSSA

5 May Sun Skagit Rapids Penticton Pinnacles Mt. Vernon High School 2:00 WSSA

Good luck to all.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what else is new

We are Poo!!!

Great start to the year, 5-0 to Seattle and 5-1 to Skagit, I will say it and some may critize just because of our score but skagit is not that good:rolleyes: .

Cheers
JB

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My eyes hurt!

We got killed this weekend and it was hard to watch. Only had 12 players for the game against Seattle who move the ball around fairly well, but I think they would be just an average team if they were in the VMSL Premier league. Our goalie from Penticton let in 3 softies and our youngsters seem like they never had any coaching through youth.

Sunday was even worse. We had 2 players from a Chilliwack team in the Fraser Valley Premier league come out for some fresh legs, but it didn't help us at all. The Skajit team was actually alot weaker than I thought they would be considering that they are Washington States U23 allstar team. They played longballs all game and our keep let in another 2 softies. Referee was terrible in this game. Their keeper clearly head butts our striker and he only gets a yellow! Anyways, we played terrible and didn't deserve to win.

3-4 weeks until i'm back (assuming everything goes well), next weekend i get to enjoy the weather in Kelowna and Penticton :cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
11 May Sat Seattle Hibernian Vancouver Explorers Interbay Stadium 2:00 WSSA
11 May Sat Penticton Pinnacles Okanagan Challenge King's Park 6.00
12 May Sun Okanagan Challenge Penticton Pinnacles Apple Bowl 2:30 TBA
12 May Sun Skagit Rapids Fraser Valley Action Mt. Vernon High School 2:00
12 May Sun Victoria United Team BC Royal Athletic Park 2:00 Simon Fern look who's the referee for this one. Regs's good buddy.
:rolleyes:

will say it and some may critize just because of our score but skagit is not that good .
JB if Skagit are a poor team what does that make Penticton? It's funny Surrey hasn't played a game yet and already we're ahead of you in the standings. :D Good choice in teams guys. Having fun yet?

Be sure to update us.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

All I was trying to get across was, from what we had heard from the lads on the Seattle team was that Skagit was the state u23 team as gomesy already posted as well as some of those guys are the top picks for the MLS draft. I went there looking to have these guys run around us for 90mins but all the did was kick the fricking ball up the park and chased it. Obviously it worked look at the score, but I will point out that we do have some very inexperienced players with us, and these are not excuses because we knew of this before the season started.

Cheers
JB

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
skagit

Penticton players
How is Skagit's park? Is it a typcial American high school stadium field - 60 yards wide?
Good to hear that we are not going to be the only young and inexperienced team.
Good luck this weekend
Cheers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Action guy~ (I like that name.)

You're not totally inexperienced. I heard Darren Villers has signed with your lot. He was one of our stronger player the last half of this season. True? To bad I'll have to chop him down when we meet. Unless he pays his Surrey U beer tab that is. Bastard.

JB. Be sure to report on the Kelwona squad. I'm curious as to how good they are. They should be better than Skagit. So is it safe to say the score will be somewhere around 7-2? ;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Action man

Sorry to be the one to break the news, but Darren Villers is Dundee United!!! :eek: He took a late tackle on Sunday (I beleive it was Regs) and can barely walk... We figure he is done for 2-4 months!!! Sorry for your bad luck, it looks like your team just got younger!!!

Informant, Guinness:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I call Bullshit. There's no way Regs would get into a tackle. :rolleyes: Perhaps you meant the Wet Paper Bag. I did hear it was a late signing to Peg.

Man, those guys got all the stars.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yankees parks

Action Man,

Actualy both seattles and skagits parks look somewhat like the typical summer leauge park after so hack job had been done to it. both goal mouths in Seattle were brutal and skagit had puddles all over the place. Fields weren't that wide, Seattles pitch was short in length, skagit pitch regular in everything even the players.

Cheers
JB

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
good start to the season

We managed to take three points in our game against Skagit -- they are decent. The final score was 4-2 -- we scored two early and then they had a guy sent off. They managed to come back and tie it up and then we scored two goals within a minute with about 15-20 min. to go. I was impressed with them - talented, strong, quick; but they are typical Yanks - whiners, everytime the whistle blew they started crying to the ref -- and their fans cry even more than the players do. Even though we were probably a little fortunate to win by 2 we are happy with the result because a lot of our guys just got into town this week and have barely trained together. Our best player was Cory Janzen - scored on a PK, hammered home the winner with 20 min to go and as usual dominated the middle of the park.
What'up with the Explorers - 6-0 to Seattle?!!
Cheers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GP W L T GF GA PTS

Seattle Hibernian 2 2 0 0 11 0 6
Okanagan Challenge 2 2 0 0 8 1 6
Victoria United 1 1 0 0 5 0 3
Fraser Valley Action 1 1 0 0 4 2 3
Skagit Rapids 2 1 1 0 7 5 3
Team BC 1 0 1 0 0 5 0
Vancouver Explorers 1 0 1 0 0 6 0
New Westminster Khalsa
Surrey United
Penticton Pinnacles 4 0 4 0 3 18 0

Looks like some solid D going on out in Penticton. I can see why the Gomes's and JB wanted to play there so badly this year. Sure looks like a good time to me. :rolleyes:

Seattle looks strong again this season. Some lad already has 4 goals. Granted 3 were against Penticton. :D

Does anyone know some body from the Explorers? I see all the Victoria lads are signing up. Any of you play PCSL?

Striking up conversation.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Explorers, Cap on Non-Asian Players

I have heard a few names playing for then, Eggy and Woody, but I think the team has put a limit on the number of non-asian players this year.

Mabey that will answer the questions about thier 5-0 loss.

HOSisturningJapineso,reallythinkso

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expror

They have a few names from the past, but also quite a few fresh faces... (from: www.pcsl.bc.ca)
VANCOUVER LINEUP: Geoff Ayi-Bonte, Struan Howes, Edward Bradford, Gordan Chin (53 Kevin Chan), Steve Foster, Craig Richards (78 Kevin Ma), Tony Sun, Elvis Besic, Anthony Mak (33 Kevin Kerr), Justin Thompson, Steve Dickson (79 Anthony Mak)

VANCOUVER SUBSTITUTES: Aaron Young, Johnson Yang

(basically half Burnaby Canadians half Asian players)

Unrucky Expror;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Informative guys. Good job, but really I was looking for Explorers signed up for TTP. HOS can you make some calls. It's not near as fun TTP out of BBY guys if they don't read it. ;)

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
explorers?

What happend to that Neil Yueng guy? Please don't tell me that he on tour with Crazy Horse! :)
Their line-up looks similar to last season - minus a few guys -- Seattle must be strong!
When does Surrey start their season? How many of your VMSL first team guys are planning on playing regularly?
Any news on Khalsa?
Prediction - this is Penticton's last season in the PCSL.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's a piper down, naaa he's just paaassst.

Action guy~

Surrey U starts off with two home games, Saturday May 25 and Sunday May 26th at Cloverdale Athletic vs. Team BC and Skagit. The home opener is always somewhat a big event with ceremonies and Pipers and all.

As for the returning players there will be several guest appearances through out the season and a handful of us regulars, to find out who they are you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Action Lad

What happend to that Neil Yueng guy?
I've been wondering that for the past 3 years!!!:rolleyes: He was a good player, but just fell off the face of the local soccer scene a few years back... If anyone out there has any scooby let us in on it...
As for our line up, I expect a quality side each and every week... strong between the pipes this season!!! As for the rest of the squad, some will be youngins, some vets and other recruits (if you consider lads banging on MF's door and begging for a chance a recruit):rolleyes:
Yes it is true about the pipers kicking off the opener, it's just too bad Stadynck has the bucks that we don't and was able to lure the Proclaimers!!!

Guinnesswouldn'twalk500milestoseethosetwo!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts