Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Over-30's Cup (the last one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got a short message from our league's scheduler that we (Westside) are making a trip to the Island this year to play Gorge FC. Don't know any other matchups...

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is all I know, so far...

Over 30's

Norvan vs Surrey United Tentatively Saturday April 13th 12:00 Loutet # 3 - Will be confirmed Wednesday

Freybe Vs SFU Clan Alumni Tentatively Saturday April 13th 2:00pm Loutet #3-Will be confirmed Wednesday

Lobbans Vs Meralomas Reeves Park Port Coquitlam- Sunday April 14th Time TBA

Marine Celtic Vs Pegasus Port Moody Turf Field Sunday April 14th 4:00pm

Over 35 Masters

Mission Celtic's Vs Seymour Sunday April 14th 10:00am Hatzic park Mission

Blueridge have a bye to the 2nd round and play the winner of Mission Celtic Vs Seymour game

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
over 30's provincials

Hard to take the piss out of the team that we drew for B.C.'s when you don't know shite about them. If anyone has some dirt on Total Marine celtic that they wan't to sling or just offer some feedback feel free. Just the fact that they are from outside of our league gives me some ammunition. There appears to be the attitude that n.s.c.l. is weak. Like most other over 30's leagues our top 3-4 are quite strong then it starts to get weaker from there.Let the games begin.

Pipes, (Peg/OldBoy forever)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipes,

There appears to be the attitude that n.s.c.l. is weak.

Stop being so sensitive, I'm sure you Old Farts in the North Shore will get to prove your point this weekend. I'm also sure your top 3 or 4 are equal to or better than all the other Old Fart teams in the other leagues.:D

As for Total Marine Celtic ask Jordy! SFC played them last year in a real donnybrook....Cheers! Goodluck! and say "HI" to Dimick for me....

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Such is life

I can't believe the scheduling of the first round. We play Sundays all the damn time. We never play Saturdays. Now the game is on a Saturday which means I am out. I will not be able to play against Norvan first round.

My wife's grandmother passed away several days ago. As a favour and because it really wouldn't have made too much difference, I asked my father-in-law, if at all possible, to schedule the memorial service on a Saturday rather than a Sunday. If it had to be on a Sunday, fine, but it didn't, so it was scheduled for a Saturday. Then I find out, the game is on a Saturday, and of course, at the same time as the memorial.

Obviously I will go to the memorial but..........just but! She was a great woman.

They don't call me ballbaby for nothing you know.

Good luck to my teammates. Norvan will be tough, no doubt.

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MEMORIAL SERVICE

BALLBABY ,

GOOD ON YEE, I FACED THE SAME SITUATION IN MY SIXER DAYS ,
LOSING A LOVED ONE AND THE MEMORIAL SERVICE CONFLICTING WITH A GAME . I CHOSE THE GAME AND HAVE REGRETED IT EVER SINCE. SEND MY REGARDS TO YOUR WIFE BUT BEING THIS IS TTP,
SURREY UNITED WILL PROBABLY DO BETTER WITH OUT YOU.(JUST KIDDING)

P.S. "I STILL LOVE YEE"

JORDY OUT

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ISN'T IT RUDE TO SHOUT AT A MEMORIAL SERVICE? :rolleyes:

Lose the capslocks :mad:

Yours in requested moderating,

~TB.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch, my ears hurt!

Aye Jordy, why are yee yelling so?

It sounds like you and your genetic equal, the Highlander, have done a fine job in corrupting 5BT's. Phone calls at 2:30 in the morning? I know Mrs. Highlander would not be happy, nor Mrs. Jordy, nor the ebony queen, Mrs. 5Bt's. Mrs. Ballbaby would not mind as she would still be awake. I have more staying power than all three of you combined. :D

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game of the weekend

Norvan vs Surrey United Saturday April 13th 12:00 Loutet # 3

Well I got my wish to see 2 big teams go at it. (read my posts a way back) I am sure this one will be a battle. SU's record is unbeaten all year. When was the last time they lost? Although Norvan did lose twice this year, (the first one in 2 years to the mighty Meralomas:) 2-1) Norvan won Div 1 NSCL and are always the team to beat, week in week out. If Danny V is playing, I'm sure he'd add to his already 30+ goal tally.
Good luck to all in the last Over 30 BC's
we play Lobbans sunday and looking foward to it.

Let the football do the talking.

hedKandi

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which thread?

Hekandi,

Which thread do you want to talk about the BC's in? This one or the one titled "2002 O-30's Cup (the last one)" in the BC Forum?

I can go either way but we should get it straight and stay with it as we seem to have the most old fart banter we've had in a while going on in here.

To answer your question, I believe the last game SU have lost (other than exhibition) was against Westside in the 2000 BC's where we went on to lose in the semi's against the eventual champs, Columbus (booh, hissssss).

And to answer your other question regarding Lobbans, they can be quite an effective team if they get their guys out. Pierre and Bela (sp?) can cause some damage up front, Pierre used to be Kamloops Firtown's big scorer. I think they knocked the Firemen (a pretty strong squad) out of our League Cup recently and then lost to a 1st division team, go figure.

TB, if you're paying attention--and I know you are, any chance of getting these posts regarding the BC's into a single thread?

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL Provincials

Hedkandi, Pipes

North Van fields open for a change!

Both games on Saturday are a go;

Norvan vs Surrey U 12:00 @ Loutet #3 (Pipes can walk)
Freybe vs SFU Clan 2:00pm @ Loutet # 3

On behalf of the league, I wish all our team the best of luck!

Sailor Hagars tourney is cancelled on the W/E. So the only beer garden is Norvan and Freybe's coolers.

Bernie.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch vs Surrey FC

We would have like to get someone else first as we see these bunch of red necks all year. Jordy, Mick, Grumbler (aka Highlander) have been itchin' to beat us for the past three years. Jordy running the show and when he's not ranting and raving at his SFC boys, he's piss drunk and posting on TTP threads. (where he also rants and raves)

Highlander, get your sleep as you fellows are in for a real donnybrook....don't worry I won't be calling as you SFC lot are a bad influence on me and my Ebony Queen Mrs 5BT. (as Ballbaby so elegantly put it)

Ballbaby, my condolences on the loss of your Grandmother. I'm sure the SU boys will represent the Over 30 FVSL very well and not to get ahead of this weekend but, we'll see you in the next round.

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 Big Toes,
I had a dream about your game tomorrow. Your up front yelling "on my head". Good luck boys. My prediction 2-1 Sundowners. Paddy with one, Evans with the other, Billy Muirhead will give you an own goal. Ha!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2-1 Norvan

I wasn't there but synopsis from dying cell phone conversation:

- Very small and very wet field.
- Norvan scored first.
- We tied it up quite nicely.
- We scored a goal due to some misinformation between Norvan keeper and defender.
- Not a pretty game to watch.
- Big man Billy Connor received a very questionable red card along with a Norvan player. We are appealing and even have support from Norvan on this call.
- We would like to play them on our field which is large.
- We would like to play every team on our field which is large.
- I get to play next week. :D
- I'm glad I went to the memorial service.

Well done Surrey United!:D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Island

Westside 1-0 Gorge

I wasn't there but from what I heard they were a pretty good team, one of their strikers broke his leg in the first half and one of our guys might have a detatched retina or something (I haven't heard the update from the hospital).

We scored in the second half. I was a little worried because I was expecting a call right after the game and at 2 I still hadn't heard but I guess the game went long with all the delays. I was thinking they were into golden goal territory.

Ballbaby, appealing a red card...hmmm, does Connor have the same kind of pull as Jason Jordan? I guess stranger things have happened but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

Nah, the appeal is a non-issue. Not going to happen. Sounds like your game was a little rough. Broken legs and detatched retinas? Over 30's, gotta love it.

Great result in Victoria, I'm sure you'll agree.

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
golf

Just wanted to drop a wee note to tell everyone , see ya next year.The sundowners,after just losing 2 games in 2001 were not as fortunate in 2002.Reflecting back on the season it seams we have to many guys on the wrong side of forty. Hopefully we can get alittle younger for next year and improve.Looking forward to seeing Peace Arch vs. Surrey United next week.Hopefully a valley team will win it again.

Jordy Out (really out)

p.s. Finger feels fine and I'm off to the driving range.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thefenian,

What else would I say? It's the only part of me that's not injured!!!!:D

As for your prediction??? It was shite like your breath!!!!

PA 3
SFC 1

SFC started slow and slowly gathered momentuem in the middle of the first half. They had some opportunities, but where down 2-1 at the half. In the second half it was all PA.
Oh!!!! BTW TheFenian, in the second halfthe ball was crossed into the box on to my head and in de back o' de onion bag she went!!!!!
Guess my beans still good for a goal or two;)

Congratulations to SFC on a good season!!! Looking forward to the rematch against Aves, ballbaby, Beyman, and the rest of SU. There shouldn't be any problems during the game, but the hand shake after could be interesting:rolleyes: :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: golf

Originally posted by jordy
Reflecting back on the season it seams we have too many guys on the wrong side of forty. Jordy Out (really out)

Are you including yourself in that group??;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts