Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal 1
Liverpool 1

Watched the last 30 of this... pretty uneventful though Arsenal looked very "smooth". The Brazilian Gilberto scored the lone goal on a nice set-up from Bergkamp.

Diouf(sp?) for Liverpool showed a few flashes of skill and was unlucky not to draw a penalty on a challenge from Patrick Viera [surprise :rolleyes:]... he made a huge meal out of it though.

Does anyone know where Patrick Berger is these days? Is he still at Liverpool?

~Regs.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1?

I wasn't there but wasn't it 1-0 to the Arse?

from SkySports News
GUNNERS START WITH MORE SILVA-WARE

Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool
Gilberto (69)

Gilberto Silva made a dream start to life in England with the winning goal as Arsenal lifted the FA Community Shield.

The Brazil World Cup winner had only been thrown into the fray at half-time, but was in the right place to drill Dennis Bergkamp's clever cut-back past Jerzy Dudek in the Liverpool goal.

The Pole had earlier denied Thierry Henry and Bergkamp with a sensational triple save as Arsene Wenger's Double winners added the season's first silverware to their collection.

Gerard Houllier's men will point to a penalty appeal minutes after the goal that saw El Hadji Diouf take a tumble in the box, but on chances alone, Arsenal were worthy winners and gained some sort of revenge for their FA Cup defeat of two years ago.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I wasn't there but wasn't it 1-0 to the Arse?
Why the hell did I put 1-1? I've got to stop the early morning drinking with Sensei :rolleyes:

Judge,

Funny enough, I registered there earlier this morning but haven't had time to go throught the site... think will should have a dedicated Liverpool forum? We could even let Jonesy post once in a while in it :D

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts