Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002/2003 Rumours and Gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the fcuk. We may as well start this now seeing as how I heard a good one this morning. An anonymous source has told TheRob that Delta Metro United Premier(yes the same Delta Metro United that nobody likes)is moving to the VMSL Div 1 next year. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour.

TheRobwhowondershowgoodGEUwillbenextyear.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember reading somewhere in the valley threads that a few players from SFU Clan were rumoured to be jumping ship to a valley team ( was it Alouette???) if they did not get promoted. Anyone also hear this?

TR,

Did you hear who Delta might be buying a div. 1 spot from?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe they are going to be Peg's CAT team next year.

Roy told me so.

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A secret and very reliable source told me that Delta will be joining the VMSL as a Div 2 team. That is if they don't buy out the Firemen's spot in Div 1........:eek: :eek:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it was the season or two seasons before they got relegated - anyways, I recall that Firemen had signed some sort of youth/senior merger with Delta Youth Soccer to act as a feeder system for their club. I have no idea what came of it, although having played against them a couple of times I do see some former Delta metro players in the yellow and black now.

Ormerod was trying to poach one of our Langara players during the college season for his Delta mob, wanking on about what a good, young team they'd be in a competitive league and stuff like that. Maybe the line of thought here is to up the competition a bit by going to the VMSL.

Although it would be fair to speculate that they might not be leaving the Valley in search of better footy or competition - it might be for safety reasons. Rarely do you see such a common hate shared throughout a league like the FVSL has for this Delta team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Either way, the move doesn't make sense.

Why leave the FVSL Premier to play in the 2nd, or even 1st division of the VMSL? The 2nd would just be stupid. The 1st, well...it can be argued that the side Clan and The Mob (otherwise known as 96ers) played on is quite competitive, but how does that necessarily help Delta? They need to WIN the 1st division to earn Promotion, and actually get into a legitimately more competitive league.

Then again, I do suppose Hanson makes a good point...the club would continue to own the FVSL spot in premier, so they could just promote players from within. They could then get these much-hated players out of the FVSL, and push for promotion. They could be fielding two legit BC Cup contenders within two / three years.

Maybe not so dumb...

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson
Rarely do you see such a common hate shared throughout a league like the FVSL has for this Delta team.

Sensei, you're not giving yourselves enough credit.....nobody can stand the Trollops!!;)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Rumor Mill

I've heard the SC Rangers are planning a move from the CAT Div to Div 1! Any truth to this??

I've also heard the Delta Metro Lions are starting up a new club in North Delta along with the U21 N.D. teams and the Delta Marauders.

Does anyone know what is happening with the Delta Metro Premier? Are they leaving for the VMSL? If they are, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS TO THE CAT TEAM?

Any info would be much appreciated.

C'mon RF I know you know!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The rumour about the Rangers moving "down" to Division One was confirmed by Coach at the TTP Golf Classic on Saturday. That is the CAT divisions loss really. I loved playing these guys.

As for Delta Premier, I heard those rumours a little while ago. If they go, I don't think the CAT team will be affected. Delta never lost there Premier spot so they should still have a Premier team, and therefore a CAT team.

Here's an interesting tidbit. Robbie Mills, and Paul Trustam wanted to come play for GEU but the coach won't take them because they aren't "local.":rolleyes:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1.Don't think Delta will be moving. If they do it would be to Div. 1 VMSL. They will not move any higher.

2.GEU's answer is very simple - get rid of the coach. GEU players whine and complain all year about their coach, sounds like someone needs to give him a swift kick in the ass.

3.Rangers moving down is a big loss to the Cat. There aren't too many strong teams in that Div to start and now the best team in that Div are dropping.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, now that the cat is out of the bag on the Rangers, I’ll offer my opinion: they shouldn’t be there anyhow. I wouldn’t call it a move down, either- more like a move sideways. Some would even say up.

The Cat division, if done right, is supposed to serve as an extension to the Club’s Premier team. Basically, it is meant to allow the Premier team to sign 30 players or so, and allow the coach to select his best 16 on a game-to game basis. We have enough players within our system to do this, without breaking up any of our teams.

Obviously, the Rangers are an independent team of their own within our club, much like the Storm, Royals, and Donnegal's are. It just so happens that last two years, the Rangers were also our club’s best team. The only other solution would have been to give the Ranger’s the premier spot, and allow them full control of the Cat team. I don’t think that’s what they are all about anyhow, so they’ll play Div. 1, just like two years ago, compete for the top of the 1st Div. table, make $6,000.00 in beer sales profit, and make a run at defending their Pak Cup. Hopefully, our Premier Program shows this season that it is ready to step up and compete for the league and Pak Cup.

I think this move will make our club stronger, in the long run. It will allow some of our younger, ambitious yet green players to get some good experience.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not decided, but we have enough players comming up that we can have 30-35 players signed to the Premier / Reserve team, without moving either the Royals or Storm. There are probably a few Royals that would want to move over, possibly a couple of Storm (although, I don't really know), and several others "within the system", but without a home- like graduating U-21 guys.

That's what I see happening, and what makes the most sense.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the Dominion guys will put up an argument about that one, but, yes- best team in the Valley.;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, technically, Peg VMSL are the best team in our Club...but don't you have to be involved in the club, to be considered a part of one? The only way Peg is really involved is in draining the bank accounts...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts